Ann Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:28 am
re your signature line McGentrix.... we are helping ourselves.. to your tax dollars... serves you right to suffer.... in the case of corporate welfare it's working the system in the case of Joe Lunchbox it's being a drain on society....either way you pay.... that's soothing at least... Razz
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:36 am
McGentrix wrote:
It neat to see how all of you can be so easily be manipulated. Coulter has done her job fantastically well.

So what are you saying, her aim in saying amazingly hateful things is to manipulate the left into hating her? Whoa - yer right - that's brilliant.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:41 am
"amazingly hateful"?

Disagreeable perhaps, to your perspective. She is in the same category as Micheal Moore, Al Frankin, Rush Limbough. They use their position to speak their opinion and to get a "rise" out of the opposition.

She is quite successful at it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:43 am
No - I think that saying a group of widows is "enjoying the deaths" of their husbands qualifies as both amazing and hateful.

In a way I'm agreeing with you - she is just willing to go two or three steps beyond any body else.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:51 am
McGentrix wrote:
"amazingly hateful"?

Disagreeable perhaps, to your perspective. She is in the same category as Micheal Moore, Al Frankin, Rush Limbough. They use their position to speak their opinion and to get a "rise" out of the opposition.

She is quite successful at it.

She has stated, unequivocally, on many occacasions, that she actually believes what she says.
If it were in fact, done for Howard Stern shock value, she wouldn't really believe the **** she peddles.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:52 am
They used their terrible misfortunes as a political device. That makes them eligible to be targetted by political commentators of every stripe. Not just the ones that agree with them.

I truly wish they had not been placed in the position they were. They suffered a tremendous loss and I would not want to trade places with them. There are also thousands of others though that have not used their loss to try to make political comments.

Notice Coulter has not addressed any comments to those that have suffered in silence. Only those that decided to use their loss as a tool in the polictical arena. They painted a large target on themselves for people like Coulter.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:58 am
McGentrix wrote:
They used their terrible misfortunes as a political device. That makes them eligible to be targetted by political commentators of every stripe. Not just the ones that agree with them.

I truly wish they had not been placed in the position they were. They suffered a tremendous loss and I would not want to trade places with them. There are also thousands of others though that have not used their loss to try to make political comments.

Notice Coulter has not addressed any comments to those that have suffered in silence. Only those that decided to use their loss as a tool in the polictical arena. They painted a large target on themselves for people like Coulter.

Their husbands died in an entirely political endeavor.
Why should they be disqualified from making political statements?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:58 am
when speaking of Coulter may I assume you use the term people loosely?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:01 am
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I am certainly not suggesting they should be disqualified from anything. At the same time though they can't be considered untouchable either.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:09 am
But to suggest that they are enjoying what is going on, revelling in it? Ridiculousness!

Imagine if one of your family members was killed in a drunk driving accident, and you became an advocate for tougher laws, and those who were against those laws accused you of enjoying your newfound status and flaunting the money you recieved in the settlement. Insulting in the extreme!

Coulter isn't disagreeing with what they are saying, she is attacking them personally. Hateful bitch that she is...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:20 am
McGentrix wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

I am certainly not suggesting they should be disqualified from anything. At the same time though they can't be considered untouchable either.

They should be free from having someone like Coulter making brash and unsubstantiated statements about their emotional state.
They are driven by an emotional state to make a political statement.
Colter is driven by politics to make emotional statements.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:25 am
candidone I must respectfuly disagree with your last statement. Coulter, like all whores is motivated by money to do what she does. IMO.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:28 am
ANN COULTER GOT IT RIGHT !!!!

So she must be demonized!

Ann Coulter has a new book out. Ann Coulter wants to generate publicity for her new book, in order to increase sales. She does this by saying outrageous things to get attention. Fine ... it just happens that the outrageous things happen to be true, and Coulter says them much better than anyone else. Her latest effort is no exception. In her new book 'Godless: The Church of Liberalism,' Coulter takes on a small group of the 9/11 widows, saying among other things: "I've never seen people enjoy their husbands' deaths so much." Oh Lordy .. how the left doth rage! View video of Ann on the Today Show with Matt Lauer.

The fact is what she wrote was true! And the left is busy right now making Coulter's point for her. There is a small set of 9/11 victims whose loved ones were tragically killed on that day....who have chosen to step into the arena of politics. They criticize the Bush Administration at every turn and they showed up at the 9/11 Commission meetings to try and back Richard Clarke. These widows are the perfect spokesmen for the left! Think about it ... they're set up as icons for no reason other than their husbands happened to have a job at the World Trade Center. Once they have been established as untouchable icons, they start parroting the leftist anti-Bush, anti-war line. The difference here is that you're just supposed to sit here and take it. The rules of politically correct engagement dictate that you are not allowed to criticize them or what they say because they are 9/11 widows! Ann Coulter crossed that line, as only Ann Coulter can ... and now the left is playing their cards exactly the way the play book says they should.

This is not unlike Cindy Sheehan. Some say she shouldn't be criticized because her son was killed in Iraq. But when she chose to become an activist and push her cause, she opened herself up to debate. All bets are off. This is the same thing. A very small group of 9/11 widows are milking what happened. Did they want their husbands to die? Of course not. But now they're perfectly willing to wrap themselves in the shield of 9/11 widowhood while they take their shots at Bush and our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

By the way ... Ann Coulter will be on the show today. She can say all of this much better than I can.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:33 am
Quote:
[ Coulter takes on a small group of the 9/11 widows, saying among other things: "I've never seen people enjoy their husbands' deaths so much."

Once she said this, any interest I've ever had in trying to understand Ms. Coulter's positions was lost.

That level of disrespect toward people who have lost family members is simply crass.

I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with the views of the widows, or their actions, but saying they enjoyed their husbands' deaths ... is simply beyond the pale.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:42 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
candidone I must respectfuly disagree with your last statement. Coulter, like all whores is motivated by money to do what she does. IMO.

Unfortunately, her money comes way too easy.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:55 am
McGentrix wrote:
By the way ... Ann Coulter will be on the show today. She can say all of this much better than I can.

McG, i take it you'll be listening to the Neal Boortz show to hear her say it better than he can. so do us a favor & tell us afterward what evidence Coulter has for her claims that the September 11th Advocates are millionaires who enjoyed their husband's deaths.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 10:58 am
yitwail wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

McG, i take it you'll be listening to the Neal Boortz show to hear her say it better than he can. so do us a favor & tell us afterward what evidence Coulter has for her claims that the September 11th Advocates are millionaires who enjoyed their husband's deaths.

Unfortunately for me, I do not get to listen to Boortz at work.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:00 am
McGentrix wrote:
yitwail wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

sounds like your employers are Saddam apoligizing, terrorist supporting America hating left wing traitors. as a real american I pray that you resign immediately.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:01 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
yitwail wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

sounds like your employers are Saddam apoligizing, terrorist supporting America hating left wing traitors. as a real american I pray that you resign immediately.

Nothing that drastic. I just don't have an outlet for my radio at this point.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:02 am
by Coulter's logic, John Walsh of America's most wanted could be bashed for becoming a celebrity after his son's abduction & presumed murder.
0 Replies