Ann Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

SierraSong

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 10:56 pm
Funny stuff:

Oh, please, tell me how bad I am

BY JONATHAN LEMIRE and ADAM LISBERG
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Ann Coulter spent yesterday being attacked as heartless - and she loved every minute of it.She said she was "thrilled" that the Daily News spotlighted her cruel comments about a group of 9/11 widows on the front page.

Instead of apologizing, she seemed to bask in criticism from politicians ranging from Sen. Hillary Clinton to Gov. Pataki.

And when a critic handed Coulter a letter asking her to apologize, she tore it up in his face - sparking an uproar in the process.

It was a great day for the conservative commentator, who always tries to stir up controversy in her syndicated columns - and worked hard yesterday to get even more attention for her fifth book.

"I'm thrilled," she said on WNYW-TV yesterday morning, when she saw that News' front page. "They can call me Coulter the Cruel for every one of these chapters."

Later, when a Fox News anchor asked if she was being provocative just to sell books, she bragged that she was already rich. "Frankly," she said, "I don't need any more money."

But if Coulter, 44, is selling outrage, she found plenty of buyers yesterday.

About 300 adoring fans came to see her at Book Revue in Huntington, L.I., where she signed books and did a live radio show with WABC-AM host Sean Hannity.

She also signed copies of The News' front page and posed for pictures with it - and tossed rhetorical red meat to a crowd that included one woman dressed up as the Statue of Liberty.

During one commercial break, Huntington City Councilman Mark Cuthbertson walked onstage and handed her a letter asking her to retract her comments about the 9/11 widows.

"Miss Coulter, I think you are a disgrace ..." Cuthbertson started to say, before the crowd shouted him down.

Coulter ripped the letter in two, bodyguards pulled him away and some in the crowd tried grabbing at his lapels.

"She ripped up the letter," he said later. "She just ripped it up in my face. She wouldn't say anything else to me. She's a coward."
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:12 pm
She criticizes the widows for their untouchability (no rational person criticizes a mourning widow), yet hides behind a similar veil of security.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:19 pm
Quote:
yet hides behind a similar veil of security.

How so?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 11:56 pm
Just in case ... someone wants to have it signed as well :wink:

http://i5.tinypic.com/13ynkfd.jpg
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 12:37 am
Gala wrote:
Question: Are there any other Ann Coulter female equivalents, or is she the only female in the Rush Limbaugh/Conservative arena?

There is the almost as shrill Laura Ingraham.

http://www.971talk.com/pics/bio_pages/ingraham_laura.jpg

And then there is also Tammy Bruce

http://www.libertyfilmfestival.com/libertas/wp-content/TammyB3.jpg

Both have there own conservative talk shows and have books for sale.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:03 am
mesquite wrote:
Gala wrote:
Question: Are there any other Ann Coulter female equivalents, or is she the only female in the Rush Limbaugh/Conservative arena?

Careful not to attack those two. Laura has breast cancer and Tammy is a lesbian. Both are protected peoples according to the left so just leave them alone.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:08 am
Coulter doesn't really bother me at all, just another opportunist selling her soul. Not at all unlike many on both sides of the aisle. When it comes to $$$$ we are all whores to one extent or another.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:11 am
Baldimo wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Gala wrote:

Careful not to attack those two. Laura has breast cancer and Tammy is a lesbian. Both are protected peoples according to the left so just leave them alone.

hey we'll protect our lesbians and cancer survivors... you protect your shrill humanless c**ts and Stepford Wives.... you've got enough to worry with.....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:02 am
9/11 Commissioner Urges Public to Reject Coulter
9/11 Commissioner Urges Public to Reject Coulter
E & P
June 09, 2006

WASHINGTON A member of the Sept. 11 commission on Friday lashed out at conservative pundit Ann Coulter for a "hate-filled attack" in saying the widows whose husbands died in the World Trade Center used the deaths for their own political gain.

In her latest book, Coulter criticizes the four New Jersey widows who pushed for the independent commission to investigate the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. The women also backed Democrat John Kerry's presidential candidacy in 2004.

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," Coulter wrote.

Former Rep. Tim Roemer, D-Ind., a member of the commission that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks, called Coulter's "hate-filled attack on the patriotic heroes of 9/12 -- the widows of 9/11 -- reprehensible and undignified."

Roemer urged people not to buy her book. "Americans shouldn't contribute to her profiting from these vicious remarks."

Rep. Rahm Emmanuel, D-Ill., said Thursday on the House floor that Coulter is a "hatemonger" and called on Republicans to denounce her: "I must ask my colleagues on the other side of the aisle: Does Ann Coulter speak for you when she suggests poisoning not Supreme Court Justices or slanders the 9/11 ... widows? If not, speak now. Your silence allows her to be your spokesman."

Among Coulter's previous statements, she advocated the invasion of non-Christian nations after Sept. 11 and the deportation from the U.S. of "all aliens from Arabic countries." She said American Taliban John Walker should be executed to show liberals what happens to traitors. And she said the only real question about President Clinton was "whether to impeach or assassinate."

Among the most quotable Coulter:

-- "To expiate the pain of losing her first-born son in the Iraq war, Cindy Sheehan decided to cheer herself up by engaging in Stalinist agitprop outside President Bush's Crawford ranch," Coulter wrote in her TownHall.com column on Aug. 18, 2005.

-- "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building," The New York Observer quoted her as saying on Aug. 20, 2002. She clarified those remarks with RightWingNews.com: "Of course I regret it. I should have added, 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and reporters.'"

-- "After all other suitable office space in Manhattan had dried up -- and also after spending the weekend golfing at an all-white club in Florida -- Clinton announced he would take an office in Harlem. ... As one of my friends remarked, that should be nice: Having escaped a mugging on the way to work, Clinton's female employees will then have to face an accused rapist in the office," Coulter wrote on Feb. 19, 2001.

-- "(Liberals) are always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them. ... Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment," Coulter said during an Oct. 21, 2005, speech at the University of Florida.

_"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity," Coulter wrote in a column published by the National Review Online on Sept. 13, 2001.

-- "We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens' creme brulee," Coulter said in a Jan. 27 appearance at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Ark., regarding Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 09:22 am
i'm just wondering, is there a single conservative a2k member who is uncomfortable with Coulter's latest utterances? seems to me you can support the war in Iraq without making personal attacks on 911 widows.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:02 am
David Letterman said something to the effect that now that Zarkaway (phonetic spelling) is dead, the number one sadist in the world is now Ann Coulter.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:20 am
yitwail wrote:
i'm just wondering, is there a single conservative a2k member who is uncomfortable with Coulter's latest utterances? seems to me you can support the war in Iraq without making personal attacks on 911 widows.

I don't know what the widows and the Iraq war have in common.

I don't know the full story of these ladies and what they have been up to. If they have been doing to political pandering thing then they have it coming. If it has been been blown out of proportion then I think she needs to take a step back. From what I have seen these woman have it coming at them. Unless you have some info that no one has shared then the book should sell well. We know how the left loves to promote victim hood and protect those that shouldn't be protected.

Remember when you throw yourself out there in the most extreme cases then you make yourself a target. Don't get ass hurt in any way except what you have done and move on. Your victim hood will only carry you so far unless you only appear on left wing TV then you can milk it for life.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:42 am
Baldimo wrote:
yitwail wrote:

I don't know what the widows and the Iraq war have in common.

I don't know the full story of these ladies and what they have been up to. If they have been doing to political pandering thing then they have it coming. If it has been been blown out of proportion then I think she needs to take a step back.

well, one of Coulter's beefs is that they campaigned for Kerry.

Quote:
COULTER: Oh no, no, no, no, no. They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding.

and since Kerry's main message, to quote Bush himself, was "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time", the widows & the Irag war have a lot in common.

Quote:
Your victim hood will only carry you so far unless you only appear on left wing TV then you can milk it for life.

i don't know what "left wing" TV is anyway, but if rightwingers haven't *milked* 911 widow Cheryl McGuinness, the Bush supporter, that's not the left wing's fault.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 11:11 am
paull wrote:
There are millions of liberals in this country who pray, or wish, for misfortune for others here and in Iraq

Why should anyone pray for something that Bush and Rumsfeld have already provided?

really....a disgusting observation...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 05:16 pm
Thanks for answering my question about what other women are out there spewing their conservative invective. Ann Coulter, seems to me, to have ridden into her cushy position, in large part, because of her looks. She's the American male prototype of a wet-dream. Blonde and tall and lean and ( dare I say, in an androgynous way, pretty )it's doubtful she'd have gotten this far if it weren't for her appearance.

I know a bunch of you Liberals are going to say she's not attractive, etc. So be it. Regardless, good looks open doors, especially when you are going to go on TV. And, she's figured out, you have to have an angle, and she's picked a doosy. She seems like an insensitive, narcissistic, hyper, egomaniac. I guess she gets off on stirring things up, which seems to me to be an excessive way to go in order to get attention--
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 07:04 pm
candidone1 wrote:
She criticizes the widows for their untouchability (no rational person criticizes a mourning widow), yet hides behind a similar veil of security.

She is able to launch her votriolic hatred through mediums unavailable to the average American citizen, and can do so with relative impunity.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 09:51 am
candidone1 wrote:
candidone1 wrote:

She is able to launch her votriolic hatred through mediums unavailable to the average American citizen, and can do so with relative impunity.

How is she able to do this with impunity? Please explain this one. She is very heavly critizied when she talks even writes books. She has had pies thrown at her at speaking events and been harassed. This doesn't sound anything like impunity. She doesn't get a fair interview on the shows of the alphabet networks like many of the liberal authors do.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:27 am
It's typical liberal dogma. "Free speech is reserved only for those we agree with."
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:29 am
That woman is a . . . is a . . .

I can't say it. But it's a word that I think even David Mamet uses sparingly. It's how Teach describes Ruthie early on in American Buffalo.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 11 Jun, 2006 12:31 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It's typical liberal dogma. "Free speech is reserved only for those we agree with."

you mean Coulter can't say what she wants to say? in that case, she should stop beating around the bush--pardon the expression, no puns intended--and get down to brass tacks, although i'll do my utmost to avoid hearing whatever her true feelings might be.
0 Replies