Ann Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:27 pm
OK, I'm clueless about what point you are trying to make, so I guess I will have to ignore you and your regurgitation of medical information that was well known in Ancient Greece.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:36 pm
One of the provisions of the Patriot Act- Note the section on Assassination:

(Sec. 802) Amends the Federal criminal code to: (1) revise the definition of "international terrorism" to include activities that appear to be intended to affect the conduct of government by mass destruction; and (2) define "domestic terrorism" as activities that occur primarily within U.S. jurisdiction, that involve criminal acts dangerous to human life, and that appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, to influence government policy by intimidation or coercion, or to affect government conduct by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:41 pm
glitterbag wrote:
OK, I'm clueless about what point you are trying to make, so I guess I will have to ignore you and your regurgitation of medical information that was well known in Ancient Greece.

Ditto.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 31 Aug, 2006 11:52 pm
One of the provisions of the Patriot Act- Note the section on Assassination:

(Sec. 802) Amends the Federal criminal code to: (1) revise the definition of "international terrorism" to include activities that appear to be intended to affect the conduct of government by mass destruction; and (2) define "domestic terrorism" as activities that occur primarily within U.S. jurisdiction, that involve criminal acts dangerous to human life, and that appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, to influence government policy by intimidation or coercion, or to affect government conduct by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:55 am
Ticomaya wrote:
blatham wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
blatham wrote:
If I were to describe the President as a half-wit and a moron, and to add that it's a great pity that John Wilkes Booth didn't live today because he shot the wrong President...would anyone find those comments unseemly or unpatriotic or some such?

No, but somebody might direct the Secret Service to your unassuming shop for a sit-down. Chafee's not the prez.

Up to date on the lady's collumn, I see. I wondered who would be. True, Chafee is not the president, though how that might be relevant here isn't apparent.

I'm confident it's at least as relevant as the question I was responding to.

In a thread on Ann Coulter, reference to a column wherein she she suggested Chafee was a "moron", a "half-wit", and that Booth "shot the wrong Lincoln" would seem to be fairly relevant. How many Americans who have served in battle or have served in office has she now joked about wanting them murdered? Such a hoot, this girl. Knee-slappers abound in her work.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 07:24 am
As media matters have noted, it's not the first time Coulter has suggested someone be shot. The reason why it is important to point out these kinds of statements from various high profile media types is because unfortunately they hold a lot of influence in certain parts of the American public. They need to be exposed over and over again in my opinion to get them out of the public eye (without violence) or at least loose their credibility with their followers.

Coulter on Sen. Chafee: "They Shot the Wrong Lincoln"

Quote:
This is not the first time Coulter has alluded to killing those she disagrees with:

Commenting on radio host Melanie Morgan's assertion that if New York Times executive editor Bill Keller were convicted of treason she "would have no problem with him being sent to the gas chamber," Coulter said, "I prefer a firing squad, but I'm open to a debate on the method of execution." She later suggested that Times staff members should be "executed."

Coulter said of the media: "Would that it were so! ... That the American military were targeting journalists."

Coulter suggested that Rep. John P. Murtha (D-PA) is "the reason soldiers invented fragging," -- military slang meaning the intentional killing of a member of one's own unit.

Coulter argued that the national debate during the Monica Lewinsky controversy should not have focused on whether former President Bill Clinton "did it," but rather "whether to impeach or assassinate" him.

Coulter said of Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens: "We need somebody to put rat poison in Justice Stevens's créme brulée."
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 08:35 am
revel wrote:
As media matters have noted, it's not the first time Coulter has suggested someone be shot. The reason why it is important to point out these kinds of statements from various high profile media types is because unfortunately they hold a lot of influence in certain parts of the American public. They need to be exposed over and over again in my opinion to get them out of the public eye (without violence) or at least loose their credibility with their followers.

Has media matters "exposed over and over again" the fact that Randi Rhodes of Airhead America has joked about assassinating the president - not once, but at least twice?

Or is this just another case of the Left believing in freedom of speech, but only THEIR freedom of speech?

Yeah, thought so.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:57 am
SierraSong wrote:
revel wrote:

Has media matters "exposed over and over again" the fact that Randi Rhodes of Airhead America has joked about assassinating the president - not once, but at least twice?

Or is this just another case of the Left believing in freedom of speech, but only THEIR freedom of speech?

Yeah, thought so.

Please provide a link to any transcript demonstrating Rhodes has done so.

Then, we can compose a letter together stating our disgust at such a level of political discourse along with a demand for the removal of the individual from the station(s)/publications which carry her/him. We can both sign and send copies to the relevant stations and publishers.

One letter will detail Coulter's statements. The second letter will detail Rhodes' statements.

Do we have a deal, sierra song?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 10:53 am
blatham wrote:
SierraSong wrote:
revel wrote:

Yeah, thought so.

Please provide a link to any transcript demonstrating Rhodes has done so.

link 1

link 2
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 11:17 am
OK, I wrote my two letters.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 11:21 am
Thanks McG

So it appears we have two examples, one apolgized for. Has Coulter made any apology? We ought to have that data too.

As I wait for Sierra Song to join me in our letter writing protest against dismal and stupid political rhetoric, let me know on the apology thing if you have any data.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:34 pm
blatham wrote:
Thanks McG

So it appears we have two examples, one apolgized for. Has Coulter made any apology? We ought to have that data too.

Has Coulter suggested assassinating the president (not once, but twice)? Rhodes' apology was pretty lame, by the way.

blatham wrote:
As I wait for Sierra Song to join me in our letter writing protest against dismal and stupid political rhetoric, let me know on the apology thing if you have any data.

MediaMatters for(liberal)America has called for Coulter's ban from CNN and NBC. When they also issue calls for banning the likes of Randi Rhodes, Michael Moore, Al Franken, etc., I'll consider your invitation.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
SierraSong wrote:
blatham wrote:
Thanks McG

Has Coulter suggested assassinating the president (not once, but twice)? Rhodes' apology was pretty lame, by the way.

blatham wrote:

MediaMatters for(liberal)America has called for Coulter's ban from CNN and NBC. When they also issue calls for banning the likes of Randi Rhodes, Michael Moore, Al Franken, etc., I'll consider your invitation.

Gotta tell ya Sierra, if you want people to express outrage over something outrageous said by someone people think is a liberal, I wouldn't discourage them after prodding them to write and complain.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:18 pm
What are you communicating, anyway?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:22 pm
SierraSong wrote:
blatham wrote:
Thanks McG

blatham wrote:

How did I know you would not have the courage to do much more than pee on the corners of these threads.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:39 pm
So I guess that means you won't be protesting mediamatters' partisan calls for banning Ms. Coulter?

Shocked
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 04:22 pm
SierraSong wrote:
revel wrote:

Yeah, thought so.

I don't know even know who Randi Rhodes is but since he joked about assassingting the current president, he should be arrested not just exposed.

However, it is not just Ann Coulters violent fantasies that make her stand out. Nearly everything she says is offensive and incorrect.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 04:48 pm
One interesting quote from Ms. Coulter was a remark that public school teachers are parasites, and that Halle Berry Mau Mau'd her way to the Oscar. She's a class act, I understand why so many folks admire her. She says what they are thinking, and that should scare the bejesus out of you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:33 pm
glitterbag wrote:
OK, I wrote my two letters.

Courage.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 05:39 pm
revel wrote:
I don't know even know who Randi Rhodes is but since he joked about assassingting the current president, he should be arrested not just exposed.

Interesting view, revel. Now, can you explain to blatham why it's relevant that Chafee is not the prez?
0 Replies