Ann Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 06:05 pm
revel wrote:
I don't know even know who Randi Rhodes is but since he joked about assassingting the current president, he should be arrested not just exposed.

However, it is not just Ann Coulters violent fantasies that make her stand out. Nearly everything she says is offensive and incorrect.

Interesting that you know nothing of Randi Rhodes or Air America, but know "nearly everything" Ann Coulter says.

Are you obssessed?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 06:05 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
glitterbag wrote:
OK, I wrote my two letters.

Courage.

Not so much actually, I signed mine Ticomaya.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 07:11 pm
SierraSong wrote:
revel wrote:
I don't know even know who Randi Rhodes is but since he joked about assassingting the current president, he should be arrested not just exposed.

However, it is not just Ann Coulters violent fantasies that make her stand out. Nearly everything she says is offensive and incorrect.

Interesting that you know nothing of Randi Rhodes or Air America, but know "nearly everything" Ann Coulter says.

Are you obssessed?

Duck and weave, like a politician. Don't answer the question that is asked, answer the one you wished had been asked.

How many folks here have time for talk radio of either right or left politics. I've heard of Air America, but I never listen, I didn't know who Randi was until someone showed a picture of her. But I do believe people should be accountable for their words/slanders/libel. But I don't see it happening right now any time soon, because too many people are secretly delighted by the awful things they hear but fear to speak. Extreme thinking and hate-speak tends to make people inch away from you in the real world.

Don't confuse obsession with revulsion.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 08:41 pm
No question was asked.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 08:58 pm
It's not a surprise you missed the question.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:05 pm
Didn't miss it. There was no question.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 09:13 pm
glitterbag wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
glitterbag wrote:
OK, I wrote my two letters.

Courage.

Not so much actually, I signed mine Ticomaya.

No, I meant ... "Courage."

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4256/ratherpd2.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 10:56 pm
Doesn't change the signature I used.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:37 am
Ticomaya-

As Ann Coulter reported in her book-"SLANDER"-Liberal Lies About the American Right-about the now discredited and disgraced Dan Rather-

quote -P. 103

'As Dan Rather had assured CBS viewers on election night:"If we say somebody's carried the state, you can take that to the bank"
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 12:47 am
Ticomaya: It would appear that the CIA trollop. Valerie Plame, who is trying to sue Vice President Cheney, Rove and Libby, may have overextended herself. From a legal standpoint, how do you think she will do in the face of the information below?( She did not, as far as I am aware, name Armitage)

Sources: State Department official source of Plame leak
POSTED: 1:19 p.m. EDT, August 30, 2006
Adjust font size:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage was the source who revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame to syndicated columnist Robert Novak in 2003, touching off a federal investigation, two sources familiar with Armitage's role tell CNN.

The sources said Armitage revealed Plame's role at the CIA almost inadvertently in a casual conversation with Novak, and it is not clear if he knew her identity was classified at the time.

Armitage was not indicted by the federal grand jury that investigated the disclosure of Plame's name to Novak and other journalists. Deliberately revealing the identify of a CIA operative can be a crime.

The revelation that Armitage was the source of Novak's column is somewhat anticlimactic for Bush administration critics who had used the story as a weapon in Washington's partisan battles.

During the run-up to the Iraq war in 2003, Armitage was viewed as one of the more skeptical voices in the administration about the need to depose Saddam Hussein by force.

In a July 14, 2003, column, Novak noted that Plame was a CIA operative, citing two senior administration officials. The column was primarily about Plame's husband, Joe Wilson, a former career diplomat and critic of the intelligence underlying the invasion of Iraq.

Wilson and some Democrats contend Plame's identity was released by the White House to retaliate against her husband for writing a July 2003 column in The New York Times that questioned the administration's use of prewar intelligence on Iraq. (Full story)

Last month, Plame and Wilson filed a civil lawsuit alleging a conspiracy that "was motivated by an invidiously discriminatory animus towards those who had publicly criticized the administration's stated justifications for going to war with Iraq" and culminated with the disclosure that Plame worked at the CIA. This revelation destroyed Plame's career with the agency, according to the suit.

The scenario described by the sources familiar with Armitage's role, however, appears to contradict those arguments.

But the Wilsons' attorney, Melanie Sloan of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said the revelation that Armitage was the original source for the leak did not undercut the charge that Vice President Dick Cheney, Cheney's former chief of staff I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby and White House adviser Karl Rove acted to retaliate against Wilson by engaging in a "whispering campaign" about his wife.

The couple plans to proceed with the lawsuit, Sloan said.

"Mr. Armitage's conduct does not change the facts of what Libby, Cheney and Rove did," Sloan told CNN. "The case is about the abuse of government power."

Novak has never revealed the original source of the information about Plame. However, he has said that Rove confirmed the information and was the second source cited in the column.

Novak has said he would not reveal the identity of the original source unless the source came forward. However, he said the special counsel in the CIA leak investigation, Patrick Fitzgerald, learned who the source was independently.

Fitzgerald has said he does not plan to bring any charges against Novak's original source.

Calls to Armitage for comment were not returned Tuesday.

The Armitage connection to the Novak column is also outlined in a new book titled "Hubris" by Michael Isikoff and David Korn.

In the book, Armitage is quoted as telling former Assistant Secretary of State Carl Ford that "I'm afraid I may be the guy that caused this whole thing."

Calls to Ford for comment also were not returned Tuesday.

In September 2003, Fitzgerald, the U.S. attorney in Chicago, Illinois, was appointed as a special counsel to investigate whether any laws were broken with the disclosure.

No one has been indicted for leaking Plame's identity, but Libby has been charged with perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators for allegedly giving false information about his discussions with journalists about Plame.

Libby has denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty.

Fitzgerald notified Rove that he wouldn't be charged in the case, Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin, said in June.

As part of his investigation, Fitzgerald subpoenaed then-New York Times reporter Judith Miller and then-Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper. In 2005, Miller spent nearly 12 weeks in jail after she refused to testify to identify her source to Fitzgerald. (View a timeline of the CIA leak case)

Miller was released after her source, Libby, called her and personally waived their confidentially agreement.

Armitage, 65, was No. 2 at the State Department under former Secretary of State Colin Powell from 2001 to 2005.

He left his post after Powell resigned at the beginning of Bush's second term.

CNN's John King and Brian Todd contributed to this report.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 10:25 am
Main Entry: trol·lop
Pronunciation: 'trä-l&p
Function: noun
Etymology: perhaps irregular from trull
: a vulgar or disreputable woman; especially : one who engages in sex promiscuously or for money

Bernard calls Plame a trollop, which is a disgusting libel. This says a lot about him.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:00 pm
SierraSong wrote:

Has Coulter suggested assassinating the president (not once, but twice)? Rhodes' apology was pretty lame, by the way.

Randi Rhodes has never joked about assasinating the president.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:19 pm
I suppose we can thank Shoe et tu and Bernard if this thread gets axed. You can thank them as I leave the room, but I won't be gone long (to Skwerl, I need time to read my email...doesn't mean I'm quiting) forgive me folks, sometimes my fans get confused.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 02:20 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
SierraSong wrote:

Has Coulter suggested assassinating the president (not once, but twice)? Rhodes' apology was pretty lame, by the way.

Randi Rhodes has never joked about assasinating the president.

Really? You should listen to her show...

http://www.cynicalnation.com/randi1.mp3
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 03:15 pm
If there ever was a time to revere and respect the president, Bush has brought that time to an abrupt end. There is nothing to revere or respect about our torturer-in-chief.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:02 pm
More spam, I guess he hopes if he posts it often enough if might actually become true.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:17 pm
Is there a difference between Spam and Spim? The saltier one is Spim but Spam is defined below:

Last modified: Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Secure Remote Control for IT Support Organizations
Remote control software is a cost-effective way of providing remote support. Some are concerned that this exposes PCs or the network to unauthorized use. This paper examines how these products provide a cost-effective help desk tool and defines security requirements.
Register Now to Download.
Break Through the Dissimilar Hardware Restore Challenge
Need to minimize downtime for critical IT services by recovering entire systems to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments? Learn how the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery can help.
Continuous Data Protection for Better Backup
Backing up mission-critical data can become a burden to IT because data volumes are growing at 40-50% each year. Improve overall data protection without a costly solution that weighs down IT. Learn more.
Optimizing Performance of the Continuous Protection Server
The stress points that continuous data protection places on system architectures are different from traditional backup and recovery technologies. Learn how one customer characterizes these points and quantifies best practices.
Webcast: Best Practices for Protecting Microsoft Exchange with Backup Exec
Learn how to manage your applications in an efficient manner for faster restores and minimized impact on business productivity.
Register Now to Watch.

Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup.

And we mustn't forget about "spum" and "spom"!!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:20 pm
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:22 pm
But what about "spoom"?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 2 Sep, 2006 06:27 pm
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!What, OK, I'm off the computer, go ahead and check your weather sites.
0 Replies