Lola's Salon

Stradee

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:48 pm
Dear Hiama, Yoga is for all ages. Tai Chi's about the best dicipline for balance ~ especially for us older adults. I'm truly enjoying the beginning of a new decade. Keeping fit makes all the difference.

Ms Lola ~ ya all gotta stop seething and start planning Withers, Jeffers, and Fifi's party. Megod girl, your new avatar scary! (I'm sixty now and have nagging rights so here goes).

Now put those legs back where they belong, take a deep breath, and we can sit and drink champagne with Eva till we're swacked, then all jump in the pool

or not

Dear Eva will be devastated if ya leave the salon ~ so maybe we can visit the Cafe, have a party, and then ya all can decide.

ok, nuff nagging for one day.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:25 pm
very nice Stradee. Thanks to all of you.......I'm better now. but I better not dive into the pool just yet. You know what happened to the wicked witch of the East don't you?

Better ride off on my broom stick for tonight and see how I am tomorrow. It's very good to have friends. Thanks all. kiss
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 06:44 am
Glad you're feeling better, Glenda. (The good witch of the North. That's your representation for us. Also, the definition I'm reading of witch is - "a charming and alluring woman,") This is straight from a bonafide Warlock with a part-time degree in Warlordismistically oriented practices.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 06:55 am
"He was just blinded by the light
Cut loose like a deuce another runner in the night
Blinded by the light
Mama always told me not to look into the sights of the sun
Oh but mama that's where the fun is!"
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 12:20 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11263&highlight=

Here we go. Lola's shut down this house, stuff and all and has moved to an apartment on Prince street, She eats all her meals and hangs out at Cafe 101, the address is above. It's just a short walk across the park and down a street or two.

Withers is now Lola's secretary and Fifi and Jeffers have gone to work for Wassau. Very friendly and relaxed place, join us.

Danon the warlock.....nice to meet you. You're a very kind and helpful man. Thank you

And to all my friends here.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 12:22 pm
Bill W. very funny and oh soooooo correct. Put on your bathing suit and come slide down the treehouse slide into the pool with the rest of us, Betty and Bob are waiting.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 04:08 pm
Eva walks down the front steps, then turns for a long, last look at the boarded-up windows of the Salon.

She had met so many wonderful people there. It had become like a second home to her, a place she could count on for a little pampering and a respite from the uncivilized world. Tears come to her eyes...she will miss it so. She gives the geraniums and alyssum in the urns on the front stoop one last drink of water before she goes. Who will tend to the flowers now? More tears come...

But Lola did say she might open the Salon for the holidays or special occasions. So perhaps this isn't the very last time she can come here. At least there is that...

Eva sighs and wipes her eyes. At heart, she is deeply sentimental, and giving up places is almost as hard for her as giving up people. Turning, she wanders aimlessly down the sidewalk, clutching a few geraniums in one hand and dragging her suitcase behind her. Where will she stay when she is in NY now? She will have to ask for some leads on apartments once she gets to Cafe 101.

Now, which way was the Cafe?..............
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 04:15 pm
Eva, now you're making me cry. Never fear, Eva dear..........there's a very nice bed and breakfast nearby (no kidding)...........and Wassau has rooms over the cafe. Just think of yourself as on vacation at the lake........with people to wait on you. And my closet is always open to you. The apartment is only a few blocks away.......
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 04:10 pm
The Wizardmobile will convert into a three story hotel if you want to take the chance of it converting back and taking off down the road.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 06:46 pm
Nice offer LW. Come by the Cafe and say hi.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 02:09 pm
The Cafe? Where is the Cafe? It looks lonely in here.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:02 pm
LW,

Meet us here...........

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11263&start=360
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:22 pm
WHAT???????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 08:25 pm
I beg your pardon, folks, my big What should have gone on the other thread.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 10:08 pm
That I am not the one who loves -
It's love that chooses me.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 10:03 am
Well, a welcome sighting of the famous legs of Lola.

Hello from the banks of the river Rhine, where I am at present with my dear wife.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 10:17 am
A very hospitable river, the Rhine, with some of the most comfortable under-bridge accomodations to be found in Europe.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 10:44 am
I've heard from some anonymous but usually wellinformed sources that McTag is staying actually 200 yards away from the river ... he fears the valkyries, I'm told.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:07 am
I used to live 200 hundred yards (at least) from the Rhine in a little town named Nonnenweire. We got dressed up in our Sunday best and went down to the river to watch soccer and just walk around flirting with the guys.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 11:10 am
Valkyries, refined ladies that the are, refuse a meal where it might taste of oats. He'll be safe.
0 Replies