Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 03:56 pm
"Chemical" Tom DeLay and his big head:

http://www.republicanpress.com/images/delaySS.jpg

Governor Rick "Goodhair" Perry and his big head:

http://www.nga.org/cda/images/GOVRICKPERRY.jpg
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:04 pm
The more careful the hairdo (men's), the farther to the right, the more authoritarian, the less Christian and the more "christian." Vinyl hair -- only in America. Or maybe not. If Walter were here and one could ask him to check the old photos of the black-shirts, dollar to donut you'd see impeccable hair. Franco's hair was carefully groomed. Possibly Salazar's, don't remember. Stalin? Dark, well contained thatch.

I feel quite safe on this ground. My hair was a mess when I was little, and it's a mess today. Proud liberal.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:29 pm
Have you seen the hair on some of those people on the religious cable stations? That one woman is downright scary. I'm supposed to want to worship the god that inspires her?

http://www.tbn.org/about/
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:35 pm
Yes, D'art! -- That's what made me connect "christians," authoritarianism, and vinyl hair.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:36 pm
LOL! I went to that site and tried to go into the "Store". They have a Health & Beauty section in there, I was wondering if they sold hair care products...

Then, the store site crashed! I guess we overloaded it! Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:36 pm
Remember that old "I bumped into Tammy Faye at the mall" t-shirt?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:45 pm
Here's the big head of Senator Rick "man on dog" Santorum of Pennsylvania, 3rd ranking Republican in the Senate, who brought his stillborn child, Gabriel, home from the hospital so that his other children could say goodbye. Today when asked how many children he has, he responds "Seven--including the one in heaven."

http://santorum.senate.gov/frontimage/paternotext.jpg
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:49 pm
Joe Paterno--that relic is going to be coaching again this fall. Maybe Penn State will go winless this season and they'll finally put him out to pasture.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 05:02 pm
Yes, yes, but if anyone in PA deserved to have a bigger head than "Doggie Style" Santorum, it would have to be JoePa.

Yet notice how much smaller his is than Rick's....
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 05:55 pm
I'm responsible for veering off-topic so allow me to steer us back on the road.

Just so everyone is clear, this is the mindset we're dealing with:

Quote:
"We are trying to change the tones in the state capitals -- and turn them toward bitter nastiness and partisanship," said Grover Norquist, a leading Republican strategist, who heads a group called Americans for Tax Reform.

"Bipartisanship is another name for date rape," Norquist, a onetime adviser to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, said, citing an axiom of House conservatives....

The GOP can live with urban liberals such as (Rep. Maxine) Waters, Norquist said; it's moderates such as (Rep. Charles) Stenholm who are its prime targets. If the Texas redistricting plan is adopted, Norquist said, "it is exactly the Stenholms of the world who will disappear ... the moderate Democrats. They will go so that no Texan need grow up thinking that being a Democrat is acceptable behavior."

Rancor Becomes Top D.C. Export

One of the things that really angered me, after I had plenty of time to think about it, was the fact that Al Gore simply didn't fight for his Presidential victory. Not like the Repukes, anyway. Oh, he hired David Boies, who won Microsoft's antitrust case, and who is an incredibly brilliant barrister, but they didn't fight. They weren't willing to get their hands dirty.

When African-American voters got disenfranchised in Florida, it was felt across the country; they just refused to show up at the polls in 2002, enabling the Rethugs to sweep.

Watching your dog in the fight lie down and roll over gets old, quick.

That's why what the Killer D's did is so great. They said, "no way you're rolling us," and stuck together.

Democrats everywhere must do the same thing, no matter what state they're in or where they are on the ballot.

Or else they're toast...and the occupation will be complete.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 08:00 pm
Mafia hair too. Shiny, thick, proud. My oh my -- those gangsters are all alike.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 08:10 pm
I guess I'm safe with my hair do. Well established liberal. Ingrained..........I have the messiest hair around. ;-)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 08:57 pm
PDiddie -- Did you see that Perry's office was involved in bring Homeland Security into the search? http://www.click2houston.com/news/2232171/detail.html
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 09:49 pm
Yes, although I'm not PD. And the order was given to shred immediately. Big oaks from little acorns grow.

And, because I follow local news - in my particular area of my state, we are due to vote shortly. The republicans will be holding some primaries. One of them is a colon-rectal surgeon who is running on one theme - medical malpractise. Hasn't appeared at any sessions at all. At least three of them have never held any office, are new to all this. And one of them, a seventy five year old candidate, explained that they were scraping the bottom of the barrel, that when they had to dip into their own funds....so far, they haven't received any donations. One man refuses to give any information about himself, and one of the women says we'll find out what she stands for. Elections are the first week in June. But the republican party feels that the local democrat is vulnerable, can be beaten. Of course, the fact that he's won his last three elections by at least a two to one vote doesn't count - the repubs say the public wants a change.

PDiddie - you sound as mad as I feel. We have nine candidates, and it's almost June. Is anyone ever going to say anything meaningful? Right now I'm thinking Sharpton, because I would love to see him beat Bush, and I'm beginning to think that isn't so far out. Well, yes it is, but then who?
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 10:01 pm
Quote:
Is there some training school you people attend?

In a sense, I suppose there is. Just as surely as I had to learn to think for myself somewhere along the way, you had to learn not to. So I suppose there is a "school" where I learned rational thought and the ability to engage in intelligent debate while you were learning how to copy and paste and throw around insults in lieu of actually parsing your own thoughts about issues and events.

Hopefully sometime soon parents will be able to use vouchers to take their children out of the school you attended and send them to the one I did. Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 10:48 pm
Scrat, so good to see that we haven't scared you away.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 07:52 am
Mamajuana -- Even if it's only to make yourself feel hopeful, climb tentatively onto the Dean bandwagon. Watch the excellent local organizing that's going on, the astounding numbers of people sending actual money for the campaign. It's done me a world of good, just standing out here on the hot, windy prairie, observing, becoming a distant member in the big city Dean group, sending grocery money now and then...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:15 am
I haven't had the gumption to send any hard earned $ yet, but if I give to any compaign, it will be his.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:17 pm
snood wrote:
I haven't had the gumption to send any hard earned $ yet, but if I give to any compaign, it will be his.

Hey, check out this site to help you decide . . .

http://www.politics1.com/dean.htm
0 Replies