Global Warming vs. Terrorism

BernardR

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 01:22 am
Plain Ol has one word to say about President Bush's victories-
FLORIDA

Then another word OHIO.

Really? What do those words mean? Is Plain Ol really trying to resurrect the sore loser conspiracy nonsense?

Plain Ol shows that she really does not keep up with the important reading she must do to understand the political scene in the United States.

I am sure that even Plain Ol would not claim that the NEW YORK TIMES is a tool of the Neo-Conservatives.

What did the New York Times say about FLORIDA?

http://www.mrcranky.com/movies/one23/html

"A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had allowed to go forward"

end of quote
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 09:09 am
Bernard, arguing with plainoldme is like arguing with a butterfly. Once a point is clearly identified and you think now we will get somewhere with this, the butterfly magicly disappears and lands somewhere else, in other words the discussion becomes totally disconnected with one liners that have no relationship to the point being discussed. Thats why I gave up.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 11:29 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, I looked at your avatar, BernardR. What can one see?
And that tells us, according to your own logic?

He also criticized dlowan for her avatar. He's sort of the Cujo of avatar styles. The funny thing is he thought we were both men!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 11:30 am
okie wrote:
Bernard, arguing with plainoldme is like arguing with a butterfly. Once a point is clearly identified and you think now we will get somewhere with this, the butterfly magicly disappears and lands somewhere else, in other words the discussion becomes totally disconnected with one liners that have no relationship to the point being discussed. Thats why I gave up.

No, you gave up because I pointed out to you repeatedly that your reading ability was lacking. Others did the same.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 12:08 pm
Plainoldme
Haven't you learned yet that there are a group of posters that refuse to acknowledge any facts that disagree with their own version of history. I still read the posts but have quit posting replys because one cant educate a closed mind.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 12:22 pm
Plain Ol Me thinks that Okie and I do not have the necessary "reading ability"??? This from a Kindergarten Teacher who reads Nora Roberts novels? She finds them "stimulating".

The last time she read Shakespeare was when she was in High School but she stopped on the second page of Macbeth because the language was "too hard" to understand!!!

I referenced the New York Times's definitive article showing that FLORIDA was not as Plain Ol Me would have it.

Plain Ol Me is so skillful in debate that she did not even try to rebut its contents.

Just like a clueless liberal left winger. When they cannot use reason, they call names. Well, then, Plain Ol Me. Now, you got a snootful.

Again, rebut the New York Times Article or admit you know nothing about FLORIDA!!!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 08:30 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, I looked at your avatar, BernardR. What can one see?
And that tells us, according to your own logic?

The funny thing is he thought we were both men!

That's funny?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:53 pm
BernardR wrote:

Again, rebut the New York Times Article or admit you know nothing about FLORIDA!!!!

I will guarantee you Bernard, she will not. The next post will be a few one liners about other things. What did I say about debating a butterfly?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 11:39 pm
Okie- Plain Ol Me is clearly limited in her ability to argue. She said I will tell you and then gave one word--FLORIDA.

That was supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all of us. She apparently did not know that the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and other newspapers along with statistics experts formed a consortium and went down to Florida to study the election and its results.

They came up with the finding that even if the USSC had not interevened in the election, President Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had allowed to go forward.

It is clear, Okie, that either Plain Ol Me can't read or doesn't read!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 08:44 am
BernardR wrote:
Plain Ol Me thinks that Okie and I do not have the necessary "reading ability"??? This from a Kindergarten Teacher who reads Nora Roberts novels? She finds them "stimulating".

The last time she read Shakespeare was when she was in High School but she stopped on the second page of Macbeth because the language was "too hard" to understand!!!

quote]

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 08:47 am
rabel22 wrote:
Plainoldme
Haven't you learned yet that there are a group of posters that refuse to acknowledge any facts that disagree with their own version of history. I still read the posts but have quit posting replys because one cant educate a closed mind.

How true! BernardR aka Italgatto aka massagatto and more has used the same methods time and time again, and quotes from the same sorry sources time and time again.

The only reason to post anything to these people is to keep them from spending time procreating!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 08:48 am
BernardR wrote:
Okie- Plain Ol Me is clearly limited in her ability to argue. She said I will tell you and then gave one word--FLORIDA.

That was supposed to strike fear into the hearts of all of us. She apparently did not know that the New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and other newspapers along with statistics experts formed a consortium and went down to Florida to study the election and its results.

They came up with the finding that even if the USSC had not interevened in the election, President Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had allowed to go forward.

It is clear, Okie, that either Plain Ol Me can't read or doesn't read!

Lovely way to change history there Bernie...

The consortium actually found that under some counting methods Bush won and under other methods Gore won.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/111201a.html

Quote:
Earlier, less comprehensive ballot studies by the Miami Herald and USA Today had found that Bush and Gore split the four categories of disputed ballots depending on what standard was applied to assessing the ballots - punched-through chads, hanging chads, etc. Bush won under two standards and Gore under two standards.

The new, fuller study found that Gore won regardless of which standard was applied and even when varying county judgments were factored in. Counting fully punched chads and limited marks on optical ballots, Gore won by 115 votes. With any dimple or optical mark, Gore won by 107 votes. With one corner of a chad detached or any optical mark, Gore won by 60 votes. Applying the standards set by each county, Gore won by 171 votes.

This core finding of Gore's Florida victory in the unofficial ballot recount might surprise many readers who skimmed only the headlines and the top paragraphs of the articles. The headlines and leads highlighted hypothetical, partial recounts that supposedly favored Bush.

Did you only skim the headlines Bernie? Because the story is quite different from what you are claiming. (You probably shouldn't have accused Plain of not being able to read in the same post you reveal you didn't read something. Are you perhaps accusing Plain of your own failings?)

There you go Bernie, a link and a quote. Rebut them or they stand.
Laughing
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:04 am
parados wrote:

The consortium actually found that under some counting methods Bush won and under other methods Gore won.
Are you talking about the methods that recounted only certain spots, namely Democratic precincts, not others where Bush would pick up votes, or where military votes were not counted?

Yes, Parados, we all remember that election, where Gore attempted to have only certain areas recounted, and where they protested the counting of military votes but soon thought better of it. That election where some Florida judges tried to get it done unconstitutionally. If you have a recount, it should be across the board. They tried to do it without doing it fair. Crooks anyway!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 09:23 am
Bush is the Vanna White of presidents, the spokesmodel in the WHite House, the tool of the oil interests.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:14 am
plainoldme, put me on record for loving oil companies. Without them, I would be unable to drive in comfort wherever I desire to go today. If all gas stations closed, talk about wreaking havoc! Not only would you not be able to get to work, but the food in the grocery stores would start disappearing pretty quickly. Remember when government shut down! Hardly anyone noticed out here. So which is more efficient and providing a larger service to all the citizens out here on a daily basis, oil companies or government? The answer should be obvious, so plainoldme, quit demagoguing oil companies please, or quit driving cars and buying food.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:39 am
okie wrote:
parados wrote:

Are you talking about the methods that recounted only certain spots, namely Democratic precincts, not others where Bush would pick up votes, or where military votes were not counted?

Yes, Parados, we all remember that election, where Gore attempted to have only certain areas recounted,
Which was Florida law at the time. Are you saying Gore shouldn't have followed the law?
Quote:
and where they protested the counting of military votes but soon thought better of it.
They never protested them. They considered it but decided against it. Meanwhile the Sec of State on her website after the election reported that the GOP protested overseas and military votes at a much higher rate than Dems.
Quote:
That election where some Florida judges tried to get it done unconstitutionally. If you have a recount, it should be across the board. They tried to do it without doing it fair. Crooks anyway!

The consortium did a study and listed all the methods.

The one that only counted the 4 counties Gore requested I think ended up with a Bush victory.
The method that recounted all counties ended up with a Gore victory. Rather ironic. The way you say it should have been recounted would have ended up with a Gore victory.
http://www.aei.org/docLib/20040526_KeatingPaper.pdf
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:16 pm
okie wrote:
plainoldme, put me on record for loving oil companies. Without them, I would be unable to drive in comfort wherever I desire to go today. If all gas stations closed, talk about wreaking havoc! Not only would you not be able to get to work, but the food in the grocery stores would start disappearing pretty quickly. Remember when government shut down! Hardly anyone noticed out here. So which is more efficient and providing a larger service to all the citizens out here on a daily basis, oil companies or government? The answer should be obvious, so plainoldme, quit demagoguing oil companies please, or quit driving cars and buying food.

What a masterful, cogent argument! What prose! What reasoning!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 04:37 pm
How did Plain demagogue about oil companies?
She hasn't even mentioned them in the last 3 pages that I can see.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 10:27 pm
I know, I know, this is terribly sexist of me.

"Plaind Old Me" = Liberal female A2K poster = COW

Coincidence?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 11:30 pm
0 Replies