Global Warming vs. Terrorism

BernardR

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2006 09:55 pm
Could it be the Neanderthal that was discovered buried in the ICE, Okie?

The ignorance of the lefties on climate is astonishing, Okie.

They do not know that the lastinterglacial period, called the Holocene, WHICH WE STILL LIVE IN, began about 10,000 years ago.

That is why, Okie, that Newsweek featured a story AS RECENTLY AS 1975, asking whether we are bound for another Ice Age.

You really must ask yourself, Okie, whether most of these people like Parados do not really work for leftist organizations which have a vested interest in the continuance of the Global Warming--We will all be drowned by the rising waters from the melted Icebergs- myth!!!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 01:57 am
I am betting that if the weather begins to get colder again, and another ice age looms, it will be blamed on global warming. After all, global warming causes everything now, including droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, early freezes, late freezes, you name it. By the way, the ice buildup in Antarctica is undoubtedly being caused by global warming. Sure enough, Bernard, read this site. More ice in Antarctica is caused by global warming. Take it to the bank, Bernard, no doubt about it. If the "experts" say it, it must be true.

http://www.nationalreview.com/mccarthy/mccarthy200507180801.asp
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 02:08 am
Bernard, I tell you flatly, no one blames the outing of Valerie Plame on global warming, so I am slightly perplexed as to why you think an article about her is relevant to this topic. You wanna check your link again?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 07:19 am
okie wrote:
parados wrote:
Gee okie, I know someone that was killed by climate change so that disproves your silly claim that no one was.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So who might that be, the wooly mammoth?

A friend went to the funeral. Laughing Laughing Laughing

That was all you needed to say.. so why don't I get the same respect?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 07:27 am
BernardR wrote:
Parados expects to be taken seriously when he notes a typo instead of answering seventeen( 17) posts he has completely disregarded.

Pathetic Parados is quite aware that I did not make up that figure myself. It was taken from'The Skeptical environmentalist" P. 111. It reads--

"Global forest cover is estimated to have fallen from 32.66percent to 32.22 percent"

Now that the typo has been taken care of, ( I answer Pathtic Parados-He does not answer me since he practically defecates in his diapers when he sees some of my posts) we can go back to the seventeen( 17) questions YOU have not answered.

Gee, if it was a typo then why didn't you correct it when it was pointed out? No, you didn't deal with it at all. You didn't correct the math, you didn't correct anything that you had typed. Until you deal with it what you said stands. 32.66-32.66 =.44. Even a 3rd grader would know your math is wrong.

Of course 32.66 isn't the actual number from the FAO for 2000 either but you didn't deal with that one either.

So.. either you (or Lomborg) made 2 typos or 3 typos if it was merely a typo. 32.66 was not the actual 2000 number. It was 30.6 and 32.66 - 30.6 is NOT .44. It wasn't a case of a single typo Bernard.

Meanwhile okie has refused to say if he agrees with your math. A couple of real intelligent guys here.

Lets see.. Either Bernard doesn't read what he quotes to see if it even makes sense or he makes up what he quotes. Either way it proves Bernard can't think rationally.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 09:10 am
BernardR wrote:
Okie- Never mind the cow's comments, she actually tried to post a comment about something she had HEARD in a debate--No link or evidence, just something she had HEARD!!

I believe your contention, Okie. You have posted evidence and documentation almost every time you made a post and, of course, Pathetic Parados overlooked it and responded with his infantile flatulent dribbles.

Jealous because your memory is so poor? Can't remember anything for more than 30 seconds, can you?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 09:20 am
BernardR wrote:
Could it be the Neanderthal that was discovered buried in the ICE, Okie?

The ignorance of the lefties . . . is astonishing, Okie.

The person who died of violence on the border of what is now Italy was not a Neanderthal. Talk about ignorant.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:20 am
So dying from global warming is violent too!!! I thought if you froze to death, to be found later encased in ice, it would have been painless? I'm learning new things every day on this forum.
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:29 am
No. He was wounded in some sort of an attack, so he was either fleeing that and ended up high in the mountains, or it sapped him enough that he couldn't get down--after four thousand years or so, there is more than a little ambiguity about the crime scene.
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 10:39 am
It was also 25000 years or so after Neanderthals died out, so he was definitely a modern human (I seem to remember they did DNA tests and found some of his very remote presentday great great...grandkids)>

The ignorance of the righties is astonishing, plainoldme.
0 Replies

miniTAX

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 03:13 pm
okie wrote:
After all, global warming causes everything now, including droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, early freezes, late freezes, you name it.

Okie,
You may want to check at a more complete list of what is caused by GW here : http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm :wink:
0 Replies

miniTAX

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 03:35 pm
username wrote:
It was also 25000 years or so after Neanderthals died out, so he was definitely a modern human (I seem to remember they did DNA tests and found some of his very remote presentday great great...grandkids)>

The Neanderthals were robust, hairy and sturdy with a more favorable weight/surface ratio to live in cold weathers during the last glaciation. But even with these physical advantages, they disappeared, maybe for lack of good manner & education, maybe out of competition against homo sapiens sapiens who colonized the most improbable biotopes, from the desert of Kalahari to the North Pole, even the South Pole had they some prehistoric Boeing 747 to charter them there !

We humanity survived wars, pests, famine, large scale epidemy, an almost certain thermonuclear global conflict, 2 global wars, even 2 Bushes (knock wood). I presume we can face terrorism, peak oil and global warming. Not all of us for sure 'cause many would have been weared out of anxiety, but certainly a lot of us. Won't we ?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 05:59 pm
miniTAX wrote:
okie wrote:
After all, global warming causes everything now, including droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, early freezes, late freezes, you name it.

Okie,
You may want to check at a more complete list of what is caused by GW here : http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm :wink:

Whooaaaa! I don't think anything stands a chance, including all of us. I think its over, Minitax!
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
miniTAX wrote:
username wrote:

The Neanderthals were robust, hairy and sturdy with a more favorable weight/surface ratio to live in cold weathers during the last glaciation. But even with these physical advantages, they disappeared, maybe for lack of good manner & education, maybe out of competition against homo sapiens sapiens who colonized the most improbable biotopes, from the desert of Kalahari to the North Pole, even the South Pole had they some prehistoric Boeing 747 to charter them there !

We humanity survived wars, pests, famine, large scale epidemy, an almost certain thermonuclear global conflict, 2 global wars, even 2 Bushes (knock wood). I presume we can face terrorism, peak oil and global warming. Not all of us for sure 'cause many would have been weared out of anxiety, but certainly a lot of us. Won't we ?

Generally when a group becomes extinct it's due to a change in their environment. The Neanderthal were very specialized when compared to us. As their world changed and the forest disappeared they couldn't adapt to the new conditions. If you get a chance try to see 'Neanderthal: The Rebirth' on the science channel.

http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/000983.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 06:56 am
So okie, do you want to address your anecdotal evidence without any support or is that your standard for debate?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 08:51 am
There have been a couple of novelizations about the meeting of Neanderthals and homo sapiens. William Golding's The Inheritors is a particularly interesting take on the matter. However, it was written in 1955, and, since then, some of us have come to know a great deal more about the Neanderthals. Golding's book is still good, thought-provoking reading.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 09:25 am
parados wrote:
So okie, do you want to address your anecdotal evidence without any support or is that your standard for debate?

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I think you are still digging me about telling you of my personal knowledge of a garbage truck driver being killed hauling garbage from Kansas to Oklahoma. I suppose you expect me to spend an hour searching the internet to find an article in a newspaper or some such thing? I suppose if you told me you had steak for last night's meal, I should ask you for proof with a news article about it before I believed it? The truth is, Parados, if we tell each other something that we personally know about, its probably more reliable than if we hear it from a news source, example CBS. I hope I am not overestimating your honesty?

It is certainly more reliable than some "scientist" telling all of us what a Neanderthal looked like, what he ate, how smart he was, what his lifestyle was, and exactly why he died. There may be a few very vague theories we can come up with based on a few clues, but to say a whole lot with any certainty is totally presumptuous. To see scientists make such foolhardy attempts helps explain how they can be just as foolhardy in regard to global warming.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 10:01 am
okie wrote:

It is certainly more reliable than some "scientist" telling all of us what a Neanderthal looked like, what he ate, how smart he was, what his lifestyle was, and exactly why he died. There may be a few very vague theories we can come up with based on a few clues, but to say a whole lot with any certainty is totally presumptuous. To see scientists make such foolhardy attempts helps explain how they can be just as foolhardy in regard to global warming.

Je$u$ Chri$t!!!!! Who in the name of all that is sober and sane are you to put "scientist" in quote! Your absolutely ignorant partner in philosophy on this site, Bernie/Massa called "Otzie," the IceMan found several years ago frozen in the Italian Alps, a Neanderthal. Some of us here -- with the academic backgrounds applicable to the matter -- have been trying to correct this "misnomer," a polite term for his mistake, which I feel reflects a fault more serious than the misapplication of a term.

Even if you do not have the appropriate academic background to intelligently discuss Otzie, as an educated person, you might have watched the public television program, Nova, which devoted an episode to the study of that desiccated corpse and what it revealed. You also might have read the more detailed National Geographic spread on him. Of course, even the daily newspapers carried stories about his discovery.

Being who you are and following the set of limited and limiting beliefs that you do, I know that you read or viewed none of those things. Heavens! Your armor of subjectivity might be penetrated and you might learn something.

Theories? This little corpse of a Bronze Age homo sapiens was thoroughly examined, using modern medical technology. His kit -- shoes, cape, backpack, weapons and more -- were carefully preserved, examined and reconstructed.

If you can not follow a thread, don't waste the time of those who can with your inanity.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 10:22 am
What in the world are you talking about, the Ice Man or Neanderthals? I simply used Neanderthals as an example, pom. Sheesh!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 10:31 am
okie wrote:
What in the world are you talking about, the Ice Man or Neanderthals? I simply used Neanderthals as an example, pom. Sheesh!

If you used Neanderthals as an example, you are not -- or can not -- follow the thread. Your post simply re-inforced the rather negative impression you create. Scroll backwards if you need to know what I am talking about. How you can discover what you are talking about is another matter entirely.
0 Replies