Thu 25 May, 2006 06:58 pm
The Football (soccer) World Cup in Germany starts in 2 weeks.
It's time to play another A2K Fantasy Game.
The simple rules of the game:
1. Each participant chooses 5 footballers who will play in Germany 2006, and orders them from 1 to 5.
2. Every goal scored from this players will mean points to the participant. 5 points for player number 1; 4 points for player number 2; 3 points for player number 3; 2 points for player number 4 and 1 point for player number 5.
3. The game will be held in 3 stages:
Stage 1: group rounds - first 48 games
Stage 2: second round and quarter finals - 12 games
Stage 3: semi-finals, game for 3rd place and final - 4 games
4. The list of strikers for Stage 1, and their order, can be changed for Stage 2 and, again, for Stage 3. If a new list is not provided before a stage kick-off, the original list will be taken as confirmed for that stage.
5. The winner is the participant who scores the most points.
6. There will be 4 winners. One for each stage and one for the total tournament.
7. Tiebreak system:
If two or more players end a stage or the tournament with the same number of points, the tie break will follow this criteria:
I. The participant whose strikers scored more goals, regardless of the order in the list.
II. The participant whose strikers scored more headers (goals with the head).
III. The participant whose strikers scored less goals from penalty kicks. (the eleven step PK).
8. No player can duplicate a previous poster team. There should be at least one difference (in the order or in the list itself).
Stage winners: Virtual gold medal
Tournament winner: Virtual FIFA Cup
Tournament runner-up: Virtual silver cup.
--- an example will be given in the next post ---
EXAMPLE WITH (OBVIOUSLY) FAKE PLAYERS:
1. De Kere (BRA)
2. Ellpus (ENG)
3. Hinteler (GER)
4. Nation (USA)
5. Lowan (AUS)
Any goal by De Kere is worth 5 points
Any goal by Ellpus is worth 4 points
Any goal by Hinteler is worth 3 points
Any goal by Nation is worth 2 points
Any goal by Lowan is worth 1 point
Your list should be with REAL footballers. If they do not participate in the World Cup, we'll tell you.
The deadline for participation for Stage 1 (key to win the tournament) is the moment of the Germany-Costa Rica kick-off, June 9th, 18:00 German time.
The deadline for participation for Stage 2 is June 24th, 17:00 German time.
The deadline for participation for Stage 3 is July 4th, 21:00 German time.
Will there be a draft?
Or will we just choose our 5 players at the same time?
No draft. Everyone can have Jamba, from Angola, if they want; or Ronaldinho, for that matter.
The only limit is that you cannot copy other fellow's list.
Oh! That make infinitely more sense...
Since I started the thread, I'll be the first to post my list:
1. Shevchenko (UKR)
2. Ibrahimovic (SWE)
3. Klose (GER)
4. Adriano (BRA)
5. Owen (ENG)
I'm gambling on certain players making hay in the earlier games aganst the so-called weaker nations. For example, England and Sweden should score plenty of goals against Trinidad and Tobago, while I'd expect Switzerland and South Korea to inflict similar damage on Togo.
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
Lee Chun-soo (South Korea)
1. Ruud van Nistelrooy (Holland)
2. Ronaldo (Brazil)
3. Peter Crouch (England)
4. Pedro Pauleta (Portugal)
5. Jose Antonio Reyes (Spain)
We should get on a roll now, 4 days to go!
My goal is to learn by following this thread...
I'll join in... it's just difficult selecting...
I might do a pool and then select random names.
Osso, you should pick forwards out of the teams (or countries) you like. With the unpredictability of the world cup, you could even win the pool.
Just find the strongest striker in the strongest team in the least even pools. And hope the coach doesn't rest them for later rounds...
Drogba (Cote d'Ivoire)
Donovan (USA) ...yeah, yeah...I know...
Thanks for the nudge, Pantalones. What the hell, I'll study up on the matter and select five (might as well get a list and put on a blindfold..)
Throwing slips of paper in the air...
Van Nistelrooij (Netherlands)