Posting photos of A2K members: let's talk about guidelines.

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:53 pm
But, I have to say

it is not that one single moment of suspended animation that defines us here on a2k.

We should all know that.

It is this.
typing
responding
laughing
helping each other out

that makes us the key players we are in each others lives , even if it is only in a forum.

We have all essentially been 'around' each other to know each other well enough that we are far beyond the first impression , and well enough into the comfort zone to pass gas in the same room..

eh?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:54 pm
husker wrote:
J_B - where is this I always wanted to see what you look like. :wink:
My deal is that I won't post a picture that is unflattering.

The third on in this series http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2029590#2029590

and this one are both good.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2041962#2041962
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:59 pm
J_B wrote:
husker wrote:
J_B - where is this I always wanted to see what you look like. :wink:
My deal is that I won't post a picture that is unflattering.

The third on in this series http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2029590#2029590

and this one are both good.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2041962#2041962

I missed a good deal of those - nice!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:01 pm
ossobuco wrote:
The picture that set me - and also Diane - off on this whirligig (though she hasn't, last I know, involved herself in the whirligig past an early comment or two) is still there in another thread (it was posted twice). I'm leaving it, thanks to all the getoveryourself comments.

I should amend my last post to say that Diane and I would have liked Walter to be with us today. We both like him very much.

Are you certain it's still there, osso? I'm not exactly sure what picture you're talking about but I saw one post in Walter's 2. thread were the picture had been removed by the mods. It was quoted by you in a subsequent post and still shows that the picture was deleted. Perhaps you are looking at a cached copy or am I not looking at the right posts?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:29 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
ok, now that i got this out of the way:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAGA30V2Quo*Q5ALVOQJ4OQsLihSaOP3KdICzv0*egqTQI1lo*cAq2rmQJsO8rmGQtSq*hssfkce*IfKiHkoFafAr5ukWXl8SzsbP6kqpcPAAAAynJrAg/Picture%2077.jpg

anything will fly.

Had I known that I would have posted more pics from Vienna.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:32 pm
Now that I think about it, it was me that looked bad in those pictures. Nevermind.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:45 pm
Walter is doubting me on that too - well, I saw it not so long ago today and decided to not ask the mods to take care of that too, leaving it as kind of fitting, y'know, after all this talking, and, y'know, getting over myself. It was in a post he made inviting folks to look at the abq thread. At this point I don't remember where. If it's still there, let's leave it, if not, che sera'.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:46 pm
Sublime is totally cute, even when scratching his back.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:51 pm
Not being able to join you all there and from what few photos I have seen, I think each and every one of you are absolutely beautiful! I'm not too terribly fond of being in front of a camera myself and there really isn't a reason for that that seems justifiable...... Confused I do recall though that the first pictures Sir J saw of me, he swore were three different people and then said that the "in person" person was even different than the three previous photos!

I don't know...knowing there are real live human beings in the flesh behind the words we write seems to bring me a lot of comfort. Strange....but true.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:53 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Sublime is totally cute, even when scratching his back.

Sublime is a studmuffin! Be still oh heart! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:03 pm
Okay, the photo I reacted to is here -
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=130

Not requesting at this point that this second posting of it be removed. In his favor, let me guess Walter thought I looked just like me.

As I mentioned, I may grow to like it, give me time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:07 pm
ossobuco wrote:
It was in a post he made inviting folks to look at the abq thread.

I've never invited anyone with any photo on any thread here or elswhere to lokk at any of my threads.

What I di here, was linking (words, in blue) to that thread and generally writing (on all the threads with photos from about Chicago/Albuwuerque/NM) that other photos were on the other threads.

I've really liked to share my impressions and photos and never thought to neither to insult someone with them nor start such discussions.

As said already yesterday, I'm not going to post any of my photos here anymore but only send them private email email or burnt on cd's/dvd's on demand.

I just can say that I awfully sorry about all this.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:20 pm
Pardon if I misrepresented, I thought that link was an invite to the other thread. Just a link, ok, got it.

Walter, I am not angry, I am guessing you didn't think that was a possibly troubling photo.

You couldn't perhaps guess that I think I look like a sea otter with a hawaiian shirt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:35 pm
I admit sensitivity that is annoying to some in littlek's #3 category. I don't think the answer is for those who don't feel empathy towards that, are irritated by it, who do photograph, to just stop posting photos and then send cds...including presumptive offensive or nonoffensive photos. Is talking impossible?

I remember taking a photo of a woman outside a market in Guatemala - that as I aimed my then camera, she covered her face. We all are different. I have much more been the photographer aggressive person than the person with a sea otter at lunch photo on the internet. It is a worthwhile question, I think, cd's or otherwise.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:58 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
It was in a post he made inviting folks to look at the abq thread.

I've never invited anyone with any photo on any thread here or elswhere to lokk at any of my threads.

What I di here, was linking (words, in blue) to that thread and generally writing (on all the threads with photos from about Chicago/Albuwuerque/NM) that other photos were on the other threads.

I've really liked to share my impressions and photos and never thought to neither to insult someone with them nor start such discussions.

As said already yesterday, I'm not going to post any of my photos here anymore but only send them private email email or burnt on cd's/dvd's on demand.

I just can say that I awfully sorry about all this.

Oy! This is awful to read, because people are distressed.

Walter, nobody would EVER, I am sure, think you would ever do anything you knew would be distressing! But, of course people have the right to not have photos of themselves posted, without the reasons being picked over and argued about!

I would hate never to see photos again!

What we do...with digital cameras...is just check with people who we know are sensitive and delete photos of them they hate.

Wouldn't doing this ...it takes only a moment....mean that SOME photos could still be posted?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:13 pm
I'm also interested in all this from a gallery owner's point of view. I've done that twice and may do again, so help me, let me not make it all about photography, which doesn't sell well (my son does nice photos... my friend photographs sunsets....) But, it'll probably be a lot about photography and land use issues, if I do it.

I may come down fully on Walter's side if I keep talking, but there is a case for my personal visceral reaction to the photo of me.

I also hail from the movie industry in LA, not that I was in it myself, though I considered going for film editing. I just supported a writer. They had, lately, paperwork in place for anyone caught by the camera.

Photo galleries in the non internet world have some issues on all this too.
We had a question at my old gallery, me against the photographer and my partner re a young teen girl nekkid in a natural pool. Good photo, no question on that, and meant in non lascivious way. Still, I was uncomfortable re the permission for it on show, in that she was still underage. Her family all said okay, we were a genuine art venue, which was true. No one later complained. If I were her, I might be pissed in ten years, or not at all.

My point is that permission is a large issue and it's good we're talking about it, even over this photo of me.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:22 pm
dlowan wrote:

Wouldn't doing this ...it takes only a moment....mean that SOME photos could still be posted?

Sorry, no.

I won't post any of my photos here anymore.

I fully agree with osso:

ossobuco wrote:
I think, cd's or otherwise.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:27 pm
that seems a little extreme... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:30 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
that seems a little extreme... Crying or Very sad

It really is, indeed. But I neither want pagelong public discussions about my photos nor incidentically harming someone without intent.

This seems to be the possible reaction for me ... besides stopping photographing at all Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 11:32 pm
hmm, if everybody does that, there will be no more photographs on a2k... that would be very very very sad.
0 Replies