Posting photos of A2K members: let's talk about guidelines.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:48 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Especially when you are trying to unravel someone else's puter.

I think THAT pic wasn't only posted without my permission but even by an anarchist :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:49 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Actually, I agree with you, CJane, that I should have pm'd Walter. I reacted
fast.

I suppose I should take my fragile ego and put it in a closet, thanks for sharing.

Bad picture or not, I have to say that I was happy to see you ;-)

You are exactly how I pictured you . And I hope you dont ever feel bad for how you look in a photo because frankly, I like who you are and I dont give a rats hairless behind what you look like in person.

We have all come to a point on this forum that we know each other well enough that any picture, no matter the content, is taken in stride.
It isnt the defining moment of our lives, nor is it the outline of who we are.

Quote:
I reacted fast

Uh.. we all do.
Dont apologize for that.
We all.. sit... read... type.. read..type some more.
That is how it works.
In fact, I would have thought it innapropriate for you to NOT say anything if something bothered you .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:51 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
You are exactly how I pictured you . And I hope you dont ever feel bad for how you look in a photo because frankly, I like who you are and I dont give a rats hairless behind what you look like in person.

Well there have been some on the Chicago thread before as well. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:52 pm
rats have hairless asses? Who knew?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:13 pm
I didn't know that either. Fascinating. How about their vaginas? They hairless too?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:17 pm
I'll join in by adding that I too have enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful photos that Walter has posted.

It has not only been fun to see all of the lovely A2Kers that I adore but it has been so fun to see a view of America by a non-American. It makes me appreciate both the people and the country all the more.

I'll also request that nobody EVER post a photo of me. I hate pictures of myself and the very presence of a someone with a camera turns me into some kind of zombie.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:31 pm
boomerang wrote:

I'll also request that nobody EVER post a photo of me. I hate pictures of myself and the very presence of a someone with a camera turns me into some kind of zombie.

Being naughty again:http://images.animationfactory.com/imagedir/animations/machines/cameras/photographer_taking_pictures_flash/photographer_taking_pictures_flash_lg_wm.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:32 pm
I should like to protest the picture of meself taken by Walter, but, as it were, it looks exactly like meself. By protesting I would only be saying I don't like what I am which is contrary to fact. (Finn please note I am wearing the hat that, by your definition, denotes me as an idiot)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:35 pm
Boomer--

I feel exactly the way you do about having my picture taken. Over the years I've learned, "When in Rome.... and A2K people are unabashed shutterbugs.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:39 pm
When in San Francisco and in London/Germany, I refrained from taken several a2k members pictures because I had spent $29.99 for my camera and didn't want to damage it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:43 pm
I must be a voyeur

there are pictures of me everywhere..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 02:46 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I must be a voyeur

there are pictures of me everywhere..

Well, that and the fact that when anyone produces a camera you find a way to be in front of it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:08 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Letty wrote:
I wanted to see L.E.'s pictures on your thread, Jane. I hated that it didn't work out.

This was entirely different, Miss Letty. Lord Ellpus had posted the pictures
himself and chose to remove them afterwards.

Sorry Letty, but you didn't miss much.

I nearly posted my pics a long time ago, when CJ first attempted to bribe me, but I held out for a higher offer.

In all seriousness, I was just like Osso, in that I reacted immediately.
In my case, because of the fact that I had expressed an opinion on another thread, a certain person then came onto CJ's gallery, and started with some inappropriate nastiness, which not only involved me (no problem) but involved my wife. I removed my batch of photos straight away.

Letty, if you agree to play some Stones on WA2K radio for me, I'll re-post the naked one of me, taken in 1928.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:12 pm
L.E., honey, I most assuredly will do that. <smile> I think you missed my allusion to Cyrano. You know, Roxane? Razz
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:18 pm
Letty wrote:
L.E., honey, I most assuredly will do that. <smile> I think you missed my allusion to Cyrano. You know, Roxane? Razz

I saw that, but some days later Letty. At the moment, I'm flying in and out of A2K, in between form filling and other such bureacracy, on behalf of my Mum. I did think of replying to the Cyrano thing, but the moment had passed, if you know what I mean.

Now.......what about "Far away eyes"..?..I think we both like that one.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:33 pm
UhOh, Ellpus. Too late. I played a song for you and Jane. Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:35 pm
Ok, so perhaps the pre-gathering thread is the place to initially find out who has issues with having their photo posted and who doesn't. Before gathering a discussion should be had on screen, in text, where anyone can find it later. After the meeting, people are just throwing their photos out there, some are still traveling (away from their computers) and some are recuperating.

Boomer, thanks for letting me get a few shots of you! I do remember that I am to never post them. I never will.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:43 pm
I have many pics of L'K unposted on a2k (call it personal lust)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:51 pm
Why don't you just start a thread the next time there is a gathering called, "I DON'T WANT MY PICTURE POSTED" or some other name like that, and then people can just throw their name in at that point. That seems simple enough to me.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:55 pm
And of course there should be a TOS forbidding members to cry fro "pics, pics, I want to see pics" seconds after the first member arrived at the place of a gathering!
0 Replies