Is it just me or...

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:44 am
Chai Tea wrote:

You're right, I don't care what you've gone through with anyone, nothing new under the sun, as they say.

Whatareya going to do about Now?

I don't think I want to talk to you any more. At least not until you've grown up a little....I'll see you in a few years.

Ok, I am going to be honest here. I am really and honestly confused. I have come on here for quite some time now and have gotten some really great advice and feedback. More recently I have been told to do something productive with my relationship and get the hell out, which is the only real thing I am holding back on. Everything else has been very helpful. I have gotten pages and pages of responses on every single one of my posts on all of the issues I have brought up telling me that I need to either stand up for myself or get the hell out.

I have had many responses telling me how I don't actually want help, that I love drama, that I want to be miserable, and so on, all things that aren't true about me. But what really gets me is that when I actually stop to think and say to you, "you know what guys? your right, I am going to do something about this right now," all I get back from you guys is laughter and ridicule. I started that thread about how I finally stood up for myself and told him straight out that how he has been treating me is wrong and all the other things you guys helped me say to him. I told him either things need to get better or I'm out the door, and how what I said actually made an impact on him. I didn't even get one response from you guys. Nothing. I was just laughed at. I seriously thought I was doing the right thing by telling him how I felt and telling everyone how well it all went but nobody seemed to care. I got more responses on how stupid that email was and how he probably didn't read it than I did on the actual thread itself.

I just don't understand what to do. I get nasty things said to me by not taking the advice and I get nasty things said to me for taking the advice...from the same people!

If I could be truthful with you for a minute. I have said in the past that I am the one that people come to for advice with their lives, I am the one that people go to when they are having a really crappy day. I am the one that people go to when they need to get away from it all. And I am the one that people have always gone to just to talk and get things off their chest. But I myself don't have anyone like that for me. My mother doesn't really understand me and I don't have very many people to turn to for advice. So I found myself here. Even though I don't know any of you personally, I find you all my friends. When I come here, I feel like I am in the only place in the world where people understand me and have gone through the same things I have.
So I guess what I am trying to say is that I look up to you guys and...I guess it just hurts a little when the harder you try to be on the same level with everyone else and feel accepted, the more you get laughed at and the less significant you feel.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:45 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Reading your posts is like watching a train wreck. You are in for one long hard life but I have no sympathy for you.

What a coinidence...I didn't ask for any.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:17 am
kitkat_bar wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Reading your posts is like watching a train wreck. You are in for one long hard life but I have no sympathy for you.

What a coinidence...I didn't ask for any.

OMFG are you in denial or what? Get help!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:20 am
kitkat_bar wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

You're right, I don't care what you've gone through with anyone, nothing new under the sun, as they say.

Whatareya going to do about Now?

I don't think I want to talk to you any more. At least not until you've grown up a little....I'll see you in a few years.

Ok, I am going to be honest here. I am really and honestly confused. I have come on here for quite some time now and have gotten some really great advice and feedback. More recently I have been told to do something productive with my relationship and get the hell out, which is the only real thing I am holding back on. Everything else has been very helpful. I have gotten pages and pages of responses on every single one of my posts on all of the issues I have brought up telling me that I need to either stand up for myself or get the hell out.

I have had many responses telling me how I don't actually want help, that I love drama, that I want to be miserable, and so on, all things that aren't true about me. But what really gets me is that when I actually stop to think and say to you, "you know what guys? your right, I am going to do something about this right now," all I get back from you guys is laughter and ridicule. I started that thread about how I finally stood up for myself and told him straight out that how he has been treating me is wrong and all the other things you guys helped me say to him. I told him either things need to get better or I'm out the door, and how what I said actually made an impact on him. I didn't even get one response from you guys. Nothing. I was just laughed at. I seriously thought I was doing the right thing by telling him how I felt and telling everyone how well it all went but nobody seemed to care. I got more responses on how stupid that email was and how he probably didn't read it than I did on the actual thread itself.

I just don't understand what to do. I get nasty things said to me by not taking the advice and I get nasty things said to me for taking the advice...from the same people!

If I could be truthful with you for a minute. I have said in the past that I am the one that people come to for advice with their lives, I am the one that people go to when they are having a really crappy day. I am the one that people go to when they need to get away from it all. And I am the one that people have always gone to just to talk and get things off their chest. But I myself don't have anyone like that for me. My mother doesn't really understand me and I don't have very many people to turn to for advice. So I found myself here. Even though I don't know any of you personally, I find you all my friends. When I come here, I feel like I am in the only place in the world where people understand me and have gone through the same things I have.
So I guess what I am trying to say is that I look up to you guys and...I guess it just hurts a little when the harder you try to be on the same level with everyone else and feel accepted, the more you get laughed at and the less significant you feel.

Have you sought any professional help? That is exactly what you need. You obviously have issues that only intervention could address. Yet (apparently) you refuse to get help.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 09:37 am
kitkat_bar wrote:

But what really gets me is that when I actually stop to think and say to you, "you know what guys? your right, I am going to do something about this right now," all I get back from you guys is laughter and ridicule. I started that thread about how I finally stood up for myself and told him straight out that how he has been treating me is wrong and all the other things you guys helped me say to him. I told him either things need to get better or I'm out the door, and how what I said actually made an impact on him.

The proof will be in whether or not you were bluffing when you said you'd leave if things didn't change.

Call wolf too many times and no one believe that there is actually a wolf.

Not to mention, via email isn't really standing up for yourself.

If you can't talk face to face, you ain't got the guts to leave anyway.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:03 am
Chai Tea wrote:

Quote:

That's exactly what I thought after I read your heartfelt post from yesterday. You've told kk of your personal hardship and how you
managed to overcome such obstacles. In addition you found the
perfect poem of Khalil Gibran (one of my favorites) and judging from
kk's answer to you, none of it made the slightest dent. She just goes
on and on about her own misery, never seeing the entire picture that
is painted for her. Wasted energy on her, but I want you to know
that I was impressed by your post.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:19 am
There are an awful lot of caring people here who reached out to KKB to try to help her. It is a real shame to see all that heartfelt compassion ignored.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:36 am
In a slight defence of KKB

At her age, would YOU have listened?

At her age, life is learned through time, and not speech. Unfortunatly..
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 12:58 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Quote:

That's exactly what I thought after I read your heartfelt post from yesterday. You've told kk of your personal hardship and how you
managed to overcome such obstacles. In addition you found the
perfect poem of Khalil Gibran (one of my favorites) and judging from
kk's answer to you, none of it made the slightest dent. She just goes
on and on about her own misery, never seeing the entire picture that
is painted for her. Wasted energy on her, but I want you to know
that I was impressed by your post.

She did? I appologise, I didn't see that post. If you could tell me which thread it was in I will look for it. The way my computer is I sometimes miss pages on here. And if she said those things then I am very willing to listen. I am not a very selfish or sel-absorbed person at all and if you knew me personally you would see that. It just comes out like that on here. I truly am a very giving and forgiving person and almost all of my posts on here are things that were bugging me at that moment, not things that have been bugging me for an extended period of time. For the most part I feel great just getting it off my chest, thats why I keep a journal. But I also like being able to share with other people.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:01 pm
Venting is a great tool.
Use it wisely
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 01:13 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Have you sought any professional help? That is exactly what you need. You obviously have issues that only intervention could address. Yet (apparently) you refuse to get help.

We have sought professional help. And if you are talking about myself needing help, I am a perfectly stable person, though you may not believe it. I should mention that my relationship with my husband isn't always bad. For the most part it's good. He really is a sweet person. This isn't stuff that happends every day, I mean look at the dates of my threads. My husband is the only one that seems to know how to push the right buttons with me. Otherwise I am very stable, very calm, easy-going, and able to see both sides to any situation, even my own, though you may all see it a different way.
0 Replies