looks like I'm going back :-(

Lash

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:19 pm
This is wonderful!!

I can't fathom how hard your other job was. I don't know how you did it!! So happy for you!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 02:20 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
GREAT!

http://vas1.rixxo.biz/pa/repositories/715980017/mm/15751/pre_hooray.gif

and a bit WELL DONE from me too Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:12 am
Lash wrote:
This is wonderful!!

I can't fathom how hard your other job was. I don't know how you did it!! So happy for you!!! Very Happy

I don't know how I did it either, but I bet my new job is going to seem very easy ;-)

Thanks Lash :-D

Thank you all :-D
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 06:00 am
Good Stuff montana. I'm happy for you down under.

Ummmm perhaps I should rephrase that.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:38 am
Laughing Thanks a bunch, dadpad :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:44 am
Noddy has given me her permission to tell you all that she was one of my personal references.
She gave me such a good reference that they were satisfied enough to where they didn't feel the need to call the others and she's probebly getting tired of me constantly thanking her for taking the time to help out an old friend :-D

She's totally awesome and I'd give her a huge hug if I could reach.

Virtual hugs going out to Noddy :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 09:39 pm
Humpf! They called Noddy first, and didn't feel like pushing their luck with the rest of the references.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 01:28 am
Well done gorgeous !!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:08 am
roger wrote:
Humpf! They called Noddy first, and didn't feel like pushing their luck with the rest of the references.

I thought for sure that they wouldn't hire me until they reached all my references because they wouldn't hire my son until they contacted everyone.

When Noddy was asked if I had any weaknesses, she didn't want to praise me too much, so she said that my punctuation wasn't all that it could be and I had a wart, but she didn't think those would be issues in the job I was applying for Laughing

Thank you for being there for me, Rog :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 03:08 am
the prince wrote:
Well done gorgeous !!!

Thanks, sweet stuff :-D
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 06:28 am
Montana wrote:
..Noddy ... she said that my punctuation wasn't all that it could be and I had a wart ...

I'll hope, no-one ever asks her about my punctation. (Not speaking about my warts ...) Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:08 am
Brilliant news, Montana! I shall now stop wiggling my gooley finger, unless you tell me otherwise, of course.

Well done, and hope it turns out to be a job that you enjoy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 01:25 pm
Clarification here:

Quote:
...so she said that my punctuation wasn't all that it could be and I had a wart, but she didn't think those would be issues in the job I was applying for

Back in the '40's and '50's before spin and photoshop were staples of photography, great credit was given to those photographers who took pictures of the famous and notorious "warts and all" and made them look good.

In the phone interview I praised Montana's reliability, meticulous attention to detail and ability to get along with a variety of people--some of them exasperating.

The personnel man--a guy who is paid to be suspicious--asked me about her weak points. I thought deeply and allowed as how Montana's punctuation wasn't always grammatically perfect.

Therefore, "warts and all". Montana's "wart" was punctuating informally during informal conversation with friends.

She deserves her job.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 03:34 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Montana wrote:
..Noddy ... she said that my punctuation wasn't all that it could be and I had a wart ...

I'll hope, no-one ever asks her about my punctation. (Not speaking about my warts ...) Laughing

Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 03:39 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Brilliant news, Montana! I shall now stop wiggling my gooley finger, unless you tell me otherwise, of course.

Well done, and hope it turns out to be a job that you enjoy.

You can now rest your gooley finger as I have taken all the magic from it that I need, but I was wondering if you would mind wiggling it for me one more time on Saturday? See the lottery is up to 20 million and my actual dream job is in the field of retirement ;-)

Thanks a bunch for keeping that finger pointed my way, Lord :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 03:52 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Clarification here:

Quote:
...so she said that my punctuation wasn't all that it could be and I had a wart, but she didn't think those would be issues in the job I was applying for

Back in the '40's and '50's before spin and photoshop were staples of photography, great credit was given to those photographers who took pictures of the famous and notorious "warts and all" and made them look good.

In the phone interview I praised Montana's reliability, meticulous attention to detail and ability to get along with a variety of people--some of them exasperating.

The personnel man--a guy who is paid to be suspicious--asked me about her weak points. I thought deeply and allowed as how Montana's punctuation wasn't always grammatically perfect.

Therefore, "warts and all". Montana's "wart" was punctuating informally during informal conversation with friends.

She deserves her job.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! So that's what the wart thing was all about Laughing

I truly never thought that someone I never met in person would help me land a job, and I am forever grateful to you Noddy :-D

It only goes to show that we are all real people behind our computers and it still amazes me at how many friends I've made on here.

When people ask me if my friends are in the states, I tell them I have friends all over the world :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:21 pm
I'M FREE!!!!!!!!! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Cool Arrow Drunk
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:24 pm
Enjoy a "real" summer weekend--if the weather cooperates.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:41 pm
Thanks a bunch, Noddy. Of course I took a week and a half off before I start my new job and it's looking like it's going to be a wet weekend, but warm sunshine for the rest of the week next week.
I may even have time to plant a few things in my garden this year :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 09:32 pm
Montana wrote:
I'M FREE!!!!!!!!! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Cool Arrow Drunk

Excellent!

I'm delighted for you, Montana!
0 Replies