Countdown to Rove Indictments...

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 05:49 am
You're in rare form, Joe(dang it, wish I'd said that)Nation
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:15 am
Yes excellent post Joe(I'll exagerrate any occasion to further my point)Nation. Except for all the parts that you got wrong.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:27 am
Joe(your mistaken posts are a more interesting read than anything the humourless dried out bushlickers can muster up right or wrong)Nation, never leave these boards please.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:51 am
What points did he get wrong, McGentrix?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:53 am
revel wrote:

For you and the chorus he is preaching to? None I am sure.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 07:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
revel wrote:

Your failure to address the question speaks volumes.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:08 am
parados wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
revel wrote:

Really? Volumes? You believe "every grandma in the USA [broke] down in tears over trying to understand a Prescription Drug Plan"? Of course you do. You also probably agree that Iraq has been "the worst run war ever", huh? Of course you do. Setanta? Is that true? You are keen on keeping history accurate.

All this and more leads me to believe that Joe likes to exagerrate his points so those of you that agree with him can be the same "yahoos" that will agree with his every word. Preaching to the choir, as I said.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:20 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/060614/wright.gif
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:21 am
McGentrix wrote:
parados wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
revel wrote:

Really? Volumes? You believe "every grandma in the USA [broke] down in tears over trying to understand a Prescription Drug Plan"? Of course you do. You also probably agree that Iraq has been "the worst run war ever", huh? Of course you do. Setanta? Is that true? You are keen on keeping history accurate.

All this and more leads me to believe that Joe likes to exagerrate his points so those of you that agree with him can be the same "yahoos" that will agree with his every word. Preaching to the choir, as I said.

it works for those on the right side of the aisle and even for you guys so far to the right of the aisle you're out in the parking lot so why not?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:23 am
McGentrix wrote:

substitute elephants for donkeys and Bill Clinton for Karl Rove and voila!!!!

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:25 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

substitute elephants for donkeys and Bill Clinton for Karl Rove and voila!!!!

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

Always with Clinton, huh? Can't you leave the poor, sorry, he made 7.5 million last year, can't you leave the guy alone?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
paull wrote:
Quote:
I stand by my statement that not a single person was convicted of any crime connected to whitewater.

So now we are back to "not a single" from "most of".

Bill and Hill have 25 million in the bank because of sycophants like you. If there isn't a 12 step program to address this, there will be.

It seems you are English impaired. I never changed my position. You can't seem to read. Go back and read my post again. See if you can figure out what the subject is based on my explanation. Go see a 6th grade English teacher if you need further explanation.

Not a single person was convicted of crimes for whitewater.

Most of those convicted by Starr had no ties to whitewater at all. The people had no ties at all to whitewater. The people that did have ties to Whitewater weren't convicted for anything to do with whitewater.

Feel free to continue to make a fool of yourself. I am sure you will.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
parados wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
revel wrote:

Joe is noted for his colorful way of writing, so the exagerrations are expected from him, but actually they are not that much of an exaggeration. The Prescription drug plan is confusing and the Iraq war has been mismanaged from the start with only lately getting a break. It's not only the so called left who has said so about both. Though I understand certain folks like to address everything in partisan terms.

'An Incredibly Confusing Plan'

Republican Vet
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:10 am
revel wrote:
...I understand certain folks like to address everything in partisan terms. ...

I believe you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:15 am
okie wrote:

I agree that the largest sticking point in this being an actual crime is what you list as point # 2. I will admit to being unaware that the covert status of Valerie Plame had been definitely established by Fitzgerald. Perhaps he has alluded to her outing as a CIA agent, but can you cite specific language and evidence submitted in the court papers where he indicates her status definitely is classified and covert? If you can produce it, I will concede point #1, but point #2 would still trump the crime.

From Fitzgerald's news conference
Quote:
she was a CIA officer from January 1st, 2002, forward.

I will confirm that her association with the CIA was classified at that time through July 2003

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/28/AR2005102801340.html

That leaves us with the following:

Plame's status with CIA was classified
It is a crime to knowingly reveal classified information
Rove revealed Plame's status as a CIA officer to reporters
We don't know if Rove knew Plame's status was classified.

At the very least the WH is guilty of mishandling classified information since we know the WH got that information in a memo that specified it as classified. We don't know who told Rove or if he knew it was classified. Rove has security clearance.
Shouldn't we at least remove security clearance from those that reveal classified information so they can't do it again?
Quote:

Parados, I will admit to a bias. I am biased according to my judgement of the character of the politicians observed over a period of time. So are you. We need to look at each possible crime on a case by case basis and determine the intent and comparative gravity of the crime. If speeding on the highway is a crime, then we are virtually all criminals. Some so-called crimes are merely political in nature, whereas others are more self serving and blatant. For example, breaking a campaign finance law can sometimes be more innocent and incidental than embezzlement. Blatant and widespread campaign finance crimes would be more serious, but surely you could admit to gray areas in the campaign finance laws? Actively lobbying for and knowingly receiving foreign money would be very serious in my opinion. Some of the things done by DeLay were not illegal at the time and not that serious in my opinion. I am not endorsing DeLay in all of his activities. He sounds like a wheeler dealer and perhaps the party is better off without him. The Valerie Plame case appears to me to be fairly political in nature, under the circumstances in which it happened, so I think its a waste of time.

So the WH revealed classified information or at least mishandled it because of politics? That does raise some serious issues. Politics ahead of the country. Is that the kind of leader you prefer?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:15 am
Joe Nation wrote:

So Joe Wilson wrote a op-ed piece about what he knew, and the White House said "Let's fix this guy's wagon." Not, "Okay, we beg to differ but respect Mr. Wilson's right under the First Amendment to say such things in print." No, they have so little respect for any citizen with an opposing position to theirs that they let the dogs out.

Some bunch of leaders of democracy, huh? They slimed that Wilson guy AND his wife to keep his big mouth. YES, it's a proud, proud day for our way of life, let that be a lesson to you less free nations, this is how it's done in the best democracy on earth.

Joe(What a bunch of pathetic clowns.)Nation

Joe, Wilson's findings in Iraq included the fact that Iraq had indeed been in contact with Niger about some commerce. Even though they claimed it was about something else, some in the CIA, not all, believed it indicated an effort by Hussein to attempt to obtain yellowcake. There are a few ways to interpret it. You could take the word of the officials that it was indeed about something else at least initially. However, if the officials believed we may have already known about the contacts, they may have gone as far as acknowledging that part of it while claiming it was about something else.

The bottom line is that Wilson learned nothing of real impact in Niger. He did no undercover work. He did nothing but have tea with a few officials. Is anyone naive to believe they are going to tell him anything substantive? Wilson of all people should know this. Then to come back here and start claiming he has proof of anything and start writing op ed pieces is suspicious in my opinion. Then when you learn who recommended him for the trip, I think there is something else going on here, and I am glad we know a bit more about Wilson and Plame. After all, they engaged in an effort to discredit the administration. You think they are valid. Some of us do not. I simply am not that impressed with Wilson and Plame, the couple of Vanity Fair fame. Perhaps you are. We can agree to disagree.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:19 am
okie wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

So Joe Wilson wrote a op-ed piece about what he knew, and the White House said "Let's fix this guy's wagon." Not, "Okay, we beg to differ but respect Mr. Wilson's right under the First Amendment to say such things in print." No, they have so little respect for any citizen with an opposing position to theirs that they let the dogs out.

Some bunch of leaders of democracy, huh? They slimed that Wilson guy AND his wife to keep his big mouth. YES, it's a proud, proud day for our way of life, let that be a lesson to you less free nations, this is how it's done in the best democracy on earth.

Joe(What a bunch of pathetic clowns.)Nation

Joe, Wilson's findings in Iraq included the fact that Iraq had indeed been in contact with Niger about some commerce. Even though they claimed it was about something else, some in the CIA, not all, believed it indicated an effort by Hussein to attempt to obtain yellowcake. There are a few ways to interpret it. You could take the word of the officials that it was indeed about something else at least initially. However, if the officials believed we may have already known about the contacts, they may have gone as far as acknowledging that part of it while claiming it was about something else.

The bottom line is that Wilson learned nothing of real impact in Niger. He did no undercover work. He did nothing but have tea with a few officials. Is anyone naive to believe they are going to tell him anything substantive? Wilson of all people should know this. Then to come back here and start claiming he has proof of anything and start writing op ed pieces is suspicious in my opinion. Then when you learn who recommended him for the trip, I think there is something else going on here, and I am glad we know a bit more about Wilson and Plame. After all, they engaged in an effort to discredit the administration. You think they are valid. Some of us do not. I simply am not that impressed with Wilson and Plame, the couple of Vanity Fair fame. Perhaps you are. We can agree to disagree.

If Wilson didn't learn anything, then why didn't the WH just come out and say that? Why did they go after Plame by releasing her name to reporters? Do you approve of personal attacks on someone's family? Are you happy now that Plame can no longer contribute to the information on Iran's nuclear program? Does it really make the US safer?

Shouldn't our government be honest enough to take on the issue publically instead of revealing classified information to reporters and telling the reporters to lie about it coming from the WH?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:37 am
parados wrote:
Quote:

I will confirm that her association with the CIA was classified at that time through July 2003

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/28/AR2005102801340.html

Parados, I thought you said the covert status of Plame was in the court papers Fitzgerald filed? Is the above all you can cite?

Plame's status with the CIA being classified and her current job being covert, there may be a difference? As evidenced by Fitzgeralds statement in the link you provide:
"Let me say two things. Number one, I am not speaking to whether or not Valerie Wilson was covert. And anything I say is not intended to say anything beyond this: that she was a CIA officer from January 1st, 2002, forward. "

So, Parados, Fitzgerald never claimed Plame's job was covert, which if I understand the law this investigation all revolves around, does require. I remember now hearing him say this, and it really puzzled me. My thought is why are we proceeding with this investigation if he cannot even determine that?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 09:45 am
parados wrote:
If Wilson didn't learn anything, then why didn't the WH just come out and say that? Why did they go after Plame by releasing her name to reporters? Do you approve of personal attacks on someone's family? Are you happy now that Plame can no longer contribute to the information on Iran's nuclear program? Does it really make the US safer?

Shouldn't our government be honest enough to take on the issue publically instead of revealing classified information to reporters and telling the reporters to lie about it coming from the WH?

The answer to your question, Parados, is that the relationship between Plame and Wilson explains how he got the job to go to Niger, and exposes the phony intent of Wilson. No, I do not approve of personal attacks on families. I also do not approve of phony vendettas against an administration. I do not believe Plame has much to offer in terms of intelligence in Iran. I think the WH thought she was in a desk job in Washington and that other people already knew who she was. If the Wilsons really were that private of a couple, they wouldn't be seeking fame in Vanity Fair.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 10:27 am
okie wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

Parados, I thought you said the covert status of Plame was in the court papers Fitzgerald filed? Is the above all you can cite?

Plame's status with the CIA being classified and her current job being covert, there may be a difference? As evidenced by Fitzgeralds statement in the link you provide:
"Let me say two things. Number one, I am not speaking to whether or not Valerie Wilson was covert. And anything I say is not intended to say anything beyond this: that she was a CIA officer from January 1st, 2002, forward. "

So, Parados, Fitzgerald never claimed Plame's job was covert, which if I understand the law this investigation all revolves around, does require. I remember now hearing him say this, and it really puzzled me. My thought is why are we proceeding with this investigation if he cannot even determine that?

It is a crime to reveal classified information. Plame's status was classified.
Title 18 section 798 makes the revealing of classified information a crime.
0 Replies