The Worst President in History?

blatham

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 04:04 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Asherman wrote:
That's funny, usually you guys accuse me of being staid, humorless, and uptight.

Genius is often misunderstood, Asherman.

That's a fer shure. It's why, if you're out looking for that genius thingey, you are well advised to check your local divorce courts, Legion pubs, talk radio fans, lunatic asylums and American political message boards. Misunderstood genius as far as the eye can see.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:22 am
Has anyone heard of the upcoming ABC two part docudrama "Path to 9/11?

Hijacking 9/11

I guess this is conservatives answer to Michael Moore and about as accurate.

(Forgive the off topic. I don't like to start threads and could find no mention of it anywhere.)
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:35 am
The 9/11 miniseries if full of inaccuracies. See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/us/06path.html?_r=1&ref=us&oref=slogin
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:18 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
BernardR wrote:
Ticomaya- I think that you are a very intelligent poster. Most of your offerings are to the point and give us additional perspectives. Why do you waste your time?

I'm just a giving person I guess.

That can't possibly be true for you'd have a large portion of the world bombed into oblivion. You're simply a right wing authoritarian camp follower, Tico, programmed to mouth talking points, spread falsehoods and obfuscate to beat the band.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:33 pm
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
BernardR wrote:
Ticomaya- I think that you are a very intelligent poster. Most of your offerings are to the point and give us additional perspectives. Why do you waste your time?

I'm just a giving person I guess.

That can't possibly be true for you'd have a large portion of the world bombed into oblivion. You're simply a right wing authoritarian camp follower, Tico, programmed to mouth talking points, spread falsehoods and obfuscate to beat the band.

Well Tico, I guess JTT has your number!

I've thought all along that you were a fascist puppet bound and determined to assault the truth, but I thought I was in the minority of those in the know, like the rare few who understand that George Bush ordered the destruction of the World Trade Center.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:19 pm
Finn D' Abuzz- It seems to me that the opposition has dwindled. We are now faced with the most IGNORANT poster on A2K- Advocate, who couldn't find his derriere with both hands, someone named JTT who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about and others who are obviously seriously deranged due to myocardial infactions.

Advocate, AT LAST, posts a link from the New York Times. I was beginning to think that Advocate was unable to do any research at all.

The link to the New York Times gives testimony from the "usual suspects" to the effect that the series appearing concerning 9/11 is flawed.

It very well may be.

There are many things that are flawed. One of the most egregious mistakes made by William Jefferson Clinton was his comment in 1998-

"IF SADDAM REJECTS PEACE AND WE HAVE TO USE FORCE, OUR PURPOSE IS CLEAR. WE WANT TO SERIOUSLY DIMINISH THE THREAT POSED BY IRAQ'S WEAPONS-OF-MASS-DESTRUCTION PROGRAM"
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:26 pm
Bernard can always be counted on for a chuckle. Laughing
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:42 pm
William Jefferson Clinton was not chuckling when he said that:

Oh no, he was rationalizing the pre-emptive attack he had ordered on Baghdad.

"IF SADDAM REJECTS PEACE AND WE HAVE TO USE FORCE, OUR PURPOSE IS CLEAR. WE WANT TO SERIOUSLY DIMINISH THE THREAT POSED BY IRAQ'S WEAPONS-OF-MASS-DESTRUCTION PROGRAM"
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:04 pm
Chuckles the Clown sure told him! LOL
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 11:15 pm
And, William Jefferson Clinton was not laughing when he told the nation in December 1998 why he had ordered missles to be sent to strike Baghdad

First, without a strong inspection system, Iraq would be free to retain and begin to rebuild its chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs in months, not years.

Second, if Saddam can cripple the weapons inspection system and get away with it, he would conclude that the international community -- led by the United States -- has simply lost its will. He will surmise that he has free rein to rebuild his arsenal of destruction, and someday -- make no mistake -- he will use it again as he has in the past.
end of quote

IRAQ WOULD BE FREE TO RETAIN AND BEGIN TO REBUILD ITS CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL AND NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAMS??????????

Did Clinton think that Saddam had WMD's? It certainly sounds like it!!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:07 am
What if he did think that? He didn't go to war!!!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:15 am
Intrepid wrote:

True. He did very little to deal with the growing problem of global terrorism.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:24 am
tico

Any chance you are going to read "Fiasco"? The fellow, after all, did report for seventeen years on the Pentagon for the Wall Street Journal.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:26 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Iraq is not part of the fighting terrorism however much you folks like to make it so. But invading it for nothing has turned Iraq into a violence ridden country. Way to go Bush and keep up the good work. Sad
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42059000/jpg/_42059138_baghdad203.jpg

Fresh bombs shake Iraqi capital
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:54 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I would suggest you check out the incidents of terrorism in 2005 vs 1998 or any other Clinton year before you speak of doing little to deal with a growing problem of global terror. If anyone has done little to fight global terror it is GWBush.

I love the way the Bush administration stopped reporting the number of terror incidents in the annual report until they were called on it. If we don't tell you the number of terrorist attacks have gone up maybe you won't know how little Bush has really done. (It appears Congress had to rewrite the law and REQUIRE them to report it.)

There were 405 deaths total from terrorism in 2000. There were almost 3000 deaths (20% of the total) from just suicide bombings alone in 2005. Yeah. GW Bush is doing a great job on stopping terrorism. In case you think they are all Iraq related, you better think again and go check the facts.

http://www.mipt.org/Patterns-of-Global-Terrorism.asp
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:01 pm
Quote:
MACON, Ga. (AP) -- President Bush's once-solid relationship with Southern women is on the rocks. ''I think history will show him to be the worst president since Ulysses S. Grant,'' said Barbara Knight, a self-described Republican since birth and the mother of three.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Southern-Women.html
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:43 pm
blatham wrote:
tico

Any chance you are going to read "Fiasco"? The fellow, after all, did report for seventeen years on the Pentagon for the Wall Street Journal.

By Stanislaw Lem? ("A stunningly inventive fantasy about cosmic travel!" -- New York Times)

I'm not much into Sci-Fi, but I might check it out.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:43 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

As I said, Clinton did very little to deal with the growing problem of global terrorism.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:47 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
blatham wrote:
tico

By Stanislaw Lem? ("A stunningly inventive fantasy about cosmic travel!" -- New York Times)

I'm not much into Sci-Fi, but I might check it out.

On a serious note, I may do just that.

You're not going to suggest I read "Conservatives Without Conscience" or Suskind's book next, are you?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 03:47 pm
parados wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I would suggest you check out the incidents of terrorism in 2005 vs 1998 or any other Clinton year before you speak of doing little to deal with a growing problem of global terror. If anyone has done little to fight global terror it is GWBush.

I love the way the Bush administration stopped reporting the number of terror incidents in the annual report until they were called on it. If we don't tell you the number of terrorist attacks have gone up maybe you won't know how little Bush has really done. (It appears Congress had to rewrite the law and REQUIRE them to report it.)

There were 405 deaths total from terrorism in 2000. There were almost 3000 deaths (20% of the total) from just suicide bombings alone in 2005. Yeah. GW Bush is doing a great job on stopping terrorism. In case you think they are all Iraq related, you better think again and go check the facts.

http://www.mipt.org/Patterns-of-Global-Terrorism.asp

How many American died during the Clinton years to terrorist attacks?
The first WTC attacks,the embassy bombings,the Khobar towers, the USS Cole,the Achille Lauro,etc.

Now,how many Americans,not counting the troops in combat,have died to terrorist attacks since Bush took office,and how many terrorist attacks have there been on US soil,its territories or possessions?
0 Replies