The Worst President in History?

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 08:24 pm
We can't keep stickin' our hands in the cookie jar with him there, so he's gotta go, heh hehe heh heh.

Quote:

Congress Tells Auditor in Iraq to Close Office
by James Glanz

Investigations led by a Republican lawyer named Stuart W. Bowen Jr. in Iraq have sent American occupation officials to jail on bribery and conspiracy charges, exposed disastrously poor construction work by well-connected companies like Halliburton and Parsons, and discovered that the military did not properly track hundreds of thousands of weapons it shipped to Iraqi security forces

And tucked away in a huge military authorization bill that President Bush signed two weeks ago is what some of Mr. Bowen's supporters believe is his reward for repeatedly embarrassing the administration: a pink slip.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/1103-10.htm

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 08:02 pm
Quote:
'feckless', what an absolutely, wonderfully, right on adjective to describe this whole "government".

The professionals in the Bush administration (and there are some) realize the damage his presidency has done to American prestige and diplomacy. But there is not much they can do.

The conservatives at A2K know it too. Why they won't admit it is truly a great mystery. I Just Wonders why you guys and gals won't admit it; Tico, MM, Timber, McG, no forget it, McG, no need to reply, I know why, Foxy, Bi-Polar Bear, Smile ... . Your proffered defences are getting mighty lame. Oh wait, you don't offer any defences, you simply try to shift the facts. Really, have you no shame, guys and gals?

There may be little Americans can do to atone for this presidency, which will stain our country's reputation for a long time.

That's a given, eh?

On Nov. 7, the world will be watching as we go to the polls, seeking to ascertain whether the American people have the wisdom to try to correct a disastrous course.

All this from The American Conservative.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 06:54 am
Juan Cole writes;

Quote:
Is Bush Unhinged?
Calling Hannah Arendt

Journalist Bill Gallagher of Detroit's Channel 2 News joins Andrew Sullivan in asking the increasingly unavoidable question: Is George W. Bush Criminally Insane? Gallagher writes:

' Bush's fantasies are even disturbing his fans. In a sit-down with wire-service reporters, Bush assured them that Rumsfeld, the most incompetent man on earth, would keep his job for two more years. Maybe in the last days of the Republican-dominated Congress, Bush can get him declared Defense Secretary for Life, sort of an American Raul Castro.

Gushing over Rummy and Dick Cheney, the two principal thugs who lied to get us into Iraq and designed the disaster, Bush claimed they "are doing a fantastic job and I strongly support them."

The remark prompted conservative columnist Andrew Sullivan to raise the question of Bush's mental fitness. Sullivan told CNN Bush is so delusional, "this is not an election anymore, it's an intervention."

Sullivan, long a cheerleader for the war in Iraq, said Bush is "so in denial" he simply can't come to grips with his failure: "It's unhinged. It suggests this man has lost his mind. No one objectively could look at the way this war has been conducted, whether you were for it, as I was, or against it, and say that is has been done well. It's a disaster."

Sullivan added, "For him to say it's a fantastic job suggests the president has lost it. I'm sorry, there is no other way to say it."

The president's nanny corps -- his mother, his wife, State Department hands Condoleezza Rice and Karen Hughes -- know he's unhinged, but are too loyal to share that disturbing truth with the world. Republican House Majority Leader John Boehner tried to shift responsibility for the Iraq disaster away from Rumsfeld. Boehner quickly filled the disgraced Tom DeLay's shoes as the most loathsome member of Congress.

Boehner told CNN, "Let's not blame what's happening in Iraq on Rumsfeld. But the fact is, the generals on the ground are in charge, and he works closely with them and the president." '

My own answer: Bush is not insane, he is just not very good at putting policy into effect. That is, he is a mediocre leader who has to cover up his horrible mistakes with optimistic slogans because his lack of leadership skills leaves him with no practical alternative. Give me an example of any positive and successful accomplishment of his presidency, unmarred by substantial failures. Afghanistan? Israel-Palestine? Lebanon? Iraq? Al-Qaeda? Domestically, he has, by cutting taxes on billionaires, run up the national debt by trillions, and boasts in that insane yet just mediocre way of his that the deficit is "coming down." He put the expense of the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars off-budget, and somehow the business page journalists haven't managed to notice that the deficit is not actually less than $300 billion if you count the wars. Nor is adding even $290 billion a year to the national debt a positive accomplishment. We pay interest on that debt, folks.
0 Replies

a rizz

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:45 pm
george bush and andrew jackson
0 Replies

a rizz

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:47 pm
george bush went to war b cuz

this is my theory-w started the war over oil and he was wanting to get revenge for his punk ass daddy
0 Replies

a rizz

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:48 pm
after his first four horrible years why did everyone vote for him again
0 Replies

a rizz

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:49 pm
i hope our next president is democratic
0 Replies

a rizz

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 07:49 pm
whos with me
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
a rizz wrote:
after his first four horrible years why did everyone vote for him again

Because America has a tradition of not changing horses midstream ie not changing presidents in the middle of the 'war on terror'.

I'm still getting over why they voted for him the first time. Seems like it's because Clinton got fellatio in office. Therefore everyone else from his party must be a reprehensible sex fiend. And they were jealous because they had zero chance of ever getting fellated.

'course I'm still wandering why anyone voted for our leader too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 07:01 am
hingehead wrote:

I'm still getting over why they voted for him the first time.

Maybe it was because Al Gore invented the Internet shortly after inspiring the novel "Love Story", along with the movie by the same name.

Or maybe it was because ol' Al single handedly gave the American public the largest tax increase in history?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 11:47 am
Nah cj, the largest tax increase in US history was passed by the GOP.

It will bite you in your ass in 2010. You can thank them now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:15 pm
Doesn't this look like the precedence to Saddam?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/bushtoppled.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 12:16 pm
Tuck in c.i., your bomb belt is showing.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 09:53 pm
Quote:

Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., who is black, was asked on public television what he thought of President George W. Bush. His reply?

"Well, I really think that he shatters the myth of white supremacy once and for all."

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 10:01 pm
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/11/06/07toonmoir_gallery__470x351,0.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 10:01 pm
JTT, That's a good one!
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:11 am
cj: You can't resist throwing in the old Right wing nonsense crapola about Al Gore can you. Come on and sing Kumbaya with us. You know you will feel better! Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:38 am
smiley wave to all
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:40 am
Does all this mean Karl Rove is no longer president? What about Cheney?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:48 am
They have been disappeared, apparently. Ain't seen hide nor hair of the two fellas since tuesday.
0 Replies