Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:59 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Is gas rising as much in England or Germany as it is here or is the US finally catching up price wise?

Can compare both (England online and since Mrs. Walter just returned from there): getting up steadily in both countries.

(Additionally, we had a second peak before the Easter public holidays [long weekend from Friday till Monday]. Went down on Tuesday ... to the "normal high" again here. Just to go up 6 cents again today.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:02 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Thinking.... so you're saying you pay $25/gallon for gas?

Don't know how and why I typed that number Embarrassed
(Corrected it above.)

Actually, Diesel is here 18 cents/liter cheaper - not in the UK, where it is more expensive than petrol.
0 Replies

daoffice1

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:19 pm
where do you live?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:22 pm
I pay $2.77 for regular gas in Ma... I have a 12 gallon tank...

I feel bad for the people driving trucks...

For the good gas it is well over $3.00
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:33 pm
I heard one analysis to the effect that various troublesome issues (e.g., Nigeria and uncertainty about Iran) are keeping prices high. As if as soon as a few things are worked out, all be well.

Right...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:40 pm
daoffice1 wrote:
where do you live?

http://i3.tinypic.com/vybin7.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/vybn90.jpg

:wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 04:41 pm
$2.69 on Monday, in Norwood, Mass, for regular.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:36 pm
I dont pay nuthin walking to my job every day. Lovely walk too, past the St Stephens Basilique ;-)
20 mins, I'm there. Stop on my way for a coffee. Some things in my life be good Razz
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
nimh wrote:
I dont pay nuthin walking to my job every day. Lovely walk too, past the St Stephens Basilique ;-)
20 mins, I'm there. Stop on my way for a coffee. Some things in my life be good Razz

With all the women in A2K trying to "do you", I'd say lots of things are good Smile

Anon
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:30 pm
hA! Well, talk's cheap ... and it dont keep the flat heated.. not even the bed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:40 pm
nimh wrote:
hA! Well, talk's cheap ... .

I hear you are too.. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
nimh wrote:

nimh's not cheap, just inexpensive. Low-maintenance, you might say.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:07 pm
Gas went up to $2.85 today here in the a-hole o'.

Premium's up to $3.05.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
nimh wrote:

No, I'm easy... ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 05:59 am
Gas went up 10-cents here overnight. I don't see how that is possible.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:26 am
cjhsa wrote:
Gas went up 10-cents here overnight. I don't see how that is possible.

probably the fault of immigrants..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:52 am
lmur wrote:

probably the fault of immigrants..

I'm working on a method to refine them into fuel.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:55 am
Here, it was CDN$1.02/litre yesterday afternoon, went down to .98 last evening (when I should have gone out to fill up) and is now around $1.08. I think that's about US$3.57/gallon. The fluctuations are wild, and I cannot see how a steady increase in crude prices accounts for them. Nor do I understand why an overpriced commodity in one part of the world justifies the price increases in another.

As well, last night on the news they mentioned that gas prices were on the rise because the Gulf oil industry is having difficulties in their recovery from Katrina. However, when Katrina hit, the same news show said that it wouldn't effect Canada because we get very little of our gas from the U.S. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:26 am
I just got back home and i see gas prices are posted around 2.90 now, where just yesterday, they were topping out at 280

>sigh<
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:28 am
It doesn't matter what excuse they give, or what others are paying around the world. What matters is that the oil/gas industry has reported record breaking profits quarter after quarter, while receiving tax breaks and government grants to do what any other business would have to do on its own to operate efficiently.

Quote:
BUSH OIL BUDDIES SWIM IN YOUR CASH

The Bush Administration wouldn't veto many things from this Congress, but one thing they have promised to nix is a tax on the excess profits of oil companies. Why? It might crimp the style of Bush buddies like outgoing Exxon Mobil CEO Lee Raymond, who is trying to scrape by on $190,000 a day!

As ThinkProgress notes: "Average Americans are struggling to keep up with persistently high gas prices, now approaching $3 a gallon. Testifying before Congress last November, Exxon CEO Lee Raymond blamed the problem on 'global supply and demand' and assured the public that 'we're all in this together.'

Last year, Raymond made do with 'a total compensation package' of just $69.7 million or $190,915 a day, including weekends.

After his haul in 2005, Raymond has decided to retire. It's seems that, for Raymond, not working is even more lucrative than working: Exxon is giving Lee Raymond one of the most generous retirement packages in history, nearly $400 million, including pension, stock options and other perks, such as a $1 million consulting deal, two years of home security, personal security, a car and driver, and use of a corporate jet for professional purposes."

Think about that the next time you are getting robbed at the gas pump!
SOURCE

And, there's this:

Quote:
Gulp! Try $4.50!

Brooklyn gas station floors it

BY JONATHAN LEMIRE and RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Motorist looks in stunned silence at $4.50 pump price at Brooklyn gas station.

With pump prices rising fast, a gas station under the Brooklyn Bridge took a quantum leap into outrageousness - charging a jaw-dropping $4.50 a gallon!

That's what the Gulf Station on Old Fulton St. in Brooklyn Heights was charging credit card customers for a gallon of premium yesterday.

A gallon of regular gas was no bargain, either, at $4.14 for cash or $4.26 on plastic.
SOURCE

And, finally:

Google "Oil Record Profits" and you get this
0 Replies