Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:25 pm
That's right... I just paid $3.10 a gallon for gas.

I try not to do any unnecessary driving anyway, but with gas prices going up .10¢ a day for 3 consecutive days, I think it just got warm enough to officially break my bicycle out of the garage.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,522 • Replies: 92
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:28 pm
Holy crap! It's as low as $2.67 here, if you can call that low.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:32 pm
I just paid 2.89

31.00 to fill up the tank. And I own a SMALL car..
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:33 pm
With crude oil quickly approaching a hundred bucks a barrel, those prices ain't going nowhere but up.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:37 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Holy crap! It's as low as $2.67 here, if you can call that low.

Yeah... I live in the tax hell commonly referred to as Wisconin. On top of being taxed to hell we have mandated ethanol in Milwaukee county (I thought ethanol was supposed to be cheaper???) which is currently skyrocketing as well due to increased mandates all around the country. 3.10 today. 3.20 tomorrow.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:38 pm
$3.55 per gal here! Are we having fun yet?? Saw $4.50 per gal. somewhere in New York.

Anon
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:40 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
With crude oil quickly approaching a hundred bucks a barrel, those prices ain't going nowhere but up.

I heard an analyst yesterday that thought the price was being artificially inflated due to the high demand on the market. With everyone buying of course the price will go up. He expected that the prices are sure to go down some in the near future... I really hope he is right.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:40 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
$3.55 per gal here! Are we having fun yet?? Saw $4.50 per gal. somewhere in New York.

Anon

Is that regular?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:43 pm
funny thing,

america is the number one comsumer of gaoline, and yet, even with what we consider high prices, we as a country pay..... i THINK the lowest per gallon..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:45 pm
We pay here about the double of that sum .... for a liter!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:46 pm
You can find it lower outside SF, but that's regular in SF Crying or Very sad In Marin County, you (yesterday) could find 2.96 for Reg.

Anon
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:46 pm
I take the bus. $72.00/month, no insurance, no parking... and my daughter and I do what we want to do, with few exceptions. And I get a lot of reading done! Smile

One exception is shopping at Fry's Electronics. It's, I'd guess, a half-hour or forty-minute drive. On the bus, on Saturday, it's 2 hours 45 minutes one-way, by bus company estimate... Fry's, while it has attractive prices, has nothing that's worth six hours of my time to go get. Bicth, bicth, bicth.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:47 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yea, but you've got German Engineering Smile

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:50 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yeah but how much of that is tax?
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:50 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

About 1.20Euro per litre here.
Roughly translates to $6 a gallon.

You'll get no sympathy from this quarter!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:52 pm
Our high demand and strong dollar (more so in the past than today) is what keeps the prices low for us. We deal in volume.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:53 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Thinking.... so you're saying you pay $25/gallon for gas? I burn about a gallon just going to work and back. If you do you're either making big bucks or you're nuts.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:53 pm
Is gas rising as much in England or Germany as it is here or is the US finally catching up price wise?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:56 pm
Actually a liter regular is today $ 1.70 = ~ $6.80 for a gallon.

The English even pay more - they suspect to get £ 5 for gallon the next days (that's nearly $ 9)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 01:57 pm
Taken from USA today -

Quote:
Cost in minutes

Americans are paying about the same for gas in minutes per gallon today (7.2 minutes) as during the 1970s, when the retail price was only 40 cents per gallon, and much less than during the early 1980s (more than 10 minutes per gallon) when real gas prices peaked.

Finally, consider the consumers in most other countries. With the exception of members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, such as Iran, U.S. gas prices are lower than almost anywhere in the world.

Go to Europe and you'll pay from $5 to $7 per gallon In Mexico, the world's fourth-largest oil producer, they pay $3.20 per gallon, about the same as in India, Brazil and Singapore.

American Consumers might have a lot of gripes to justifiably complain about, but the illusory high price of gas is not one of them.

The good old days of cheap U.S. gas are here now.

0 Replies