Are you on your way to obesity?

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:40 pm
Hickorystick: Thanks for starting this thread. I would say to people who are trying to lose or maintain to first of all focus. I have a problem with my weight now as I am older, but if I think and plan my meals and snacks, I do much better. Also, drinking fluids helps....we never drink enough fluids.

Success breeds success....no matter how small the loss. Reward yourself with something besides food for the most part, but do not deny yourself an occasional "goodie" . It relieves the boredom that can set in.

My husband and I are on South Beach Diet....he is a physician and I am a nurse. We LOVE it! I have lost 18 pounds and he has lost 25. We are not obese, but because I am short, I really have to watch it.

HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP is in everything almost and must be avoided. The reason obesity is on the rise is primarily from this and most junk food. Read all labels carefully.

My husband doesn't need to lose more, but I do, and I will keep watch on this thread and cheer you on!!! Now to go out for a walk in the fields with the dogs....great exercise and wonderful for the mind!
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:53 pm
More and more people are learning to read labels, so I'm hoping that companies will realise this and start leaving out the harmful stuff. I'm pleased to see that a lot of freezer meals have a "no preservatives" label on them. Its a start!
0 Replies