Are you on your way to obesity?

Amigo

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:26 pm
HickoryStick, Nice thread. I read all your post. Nice job
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:29 pm
Thanks, amigo. I'm hoping that maybe someone, maybe not even one who will post, will get the extra little boost of encouragement they need to get started, or get back on track. Its hard to take on a long term goal like this, and once you take on that goal and you hit a plateau, its hard to stay on track.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:31 pm
Hickory Stick--

Left out of The A2K Loop.

Loop/Rut/Tangle/Friendship Circle/Assorted Conglomerate/Sub-Universe/Cesspool/Loop.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:43 pm
I didn't feel that way at all, Noddy. I just wanted to make sure things stayed positive on this thread - as if I could even control that if things went astray :smile:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:50 pm
Quote:
...as if I could even control that if things went astray

Remember Dale Carnegie and The Power of Positive Thinking.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 03:50 pm
When I was younger (18) I got a job at a pizza palor. I was so skinny I didn't think about getting fat at all and I loved Pizza.

So I started eating massive amounts of Pizza and washing it all down gallons of soda. We would have a big cup of icy soda at arms reach at all times. All the free soda and pizza one could eat, a dream come true....Wrong.

I soon got quite overweight very quick. White dough, cheese, sausage and soda was my EXCLUSIVE diet. It took me five years of reading and learning what worked for me to get back to a good weight.

What I found works best for me is an "active lifestyle" find sports and hobbies you like to (or you don't mind doing) do and make them part of your life. Thats why I don't jog I hate jogging.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 07:31 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Shewolf--

Quote:
But yeah, most of us regular posters have met and or live next to each other

From your lips to the ears of the goddess--but your statement isn't literally true. You and I know a good bit about each other although we've never met offline.

Very true.

I guess I should say 'generally' most people know / or have at least met each other offline.

Sometimes, it just FEELS like we all know each other in person, but that isnt true.
There are a handfull of people who know each other well enough to see each other offline alot.
Then there are a few who have met on travels across the country. Some from country to country.

But, I am only talking about a handfull of people out of at least 100 people.. if not more..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:52 am
Shewolf--

That sounds like a separate Question With Poll:

How Many A2K Members have you met Offline?

Hickory Stick--

Sorry for the highjacking. I'm going outside to rake the escape route from the Primrose Path to Obesity.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:52 pm
Its quite alright, Noddy. :smile:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:58 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
Shewolf--

Quote:
But yeah, most of us regular posters have met and or live next to each other

From your lips to the ears of the goddess--but your statement isn't literally true. You and I know a good bit about each other although we've never met offline.

Very true.

I guess I should say 'generally' most people know / or have at least met each other offline.

Sometimes, it just FEELS like we all know each other in person, but that isnt true.
There are a handfull of people who know each other well enough to see each other offline alot.
Then there are a few who have met on travels across the country. Some from country to country.

But, I am only talking about a handfull of people out of at least 100 people.. if not more..

you are a social butterfly - dear
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:09 pm
I'll nudge in to say that most a2ker's haven't met, and I'm speaking of the main batch of posters who keep posting along.

Some of us have, as we have been able to work it out.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:10 pm
Well I'm now officially out of the vacation I have not earned yet. (sorry OT) I won't be meeting anyone for along while.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 10:20 pm
Ay, husker, sorry about the OT. Glad though to see you working on through it all.

So, where are you, Spokane?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 11:03 pm
yep
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 11:13 pm
I see I am going off to story telling and so edit myself not to offend Hickory's thread form.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:24 pm
Hey, ossobuco, don't worry about the side conversation. How else can you just chat with someone, since we aren't allowed to send private messages?
0 Replies

Dramaqueen

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:46 pm
I just joined and while I don't know anyone here and have no reason for using the PM feature your comment made me wonder why you can't use it. It's obvious you have posted here often.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 02:52 pm
Link to thread discussing PM limitations

~~~~~~~

Welcome Dramaqueen.
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:19 pm
Dramaqueen wrote:
I just joined and while I don't know anyone here and have no reason for using the PM feature your comment made me wonder why you can't use it. It's obvious you have posted here often.

Welcome, Dramaqueen. I notice that you're posting in the medical and health threads. You may also want to check out www.healthboards.com I've found those forums to be VERY helpful with specific health problems.
0 Replies

Dramaqueen

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:48 am
Thanks to both Ehbeth and HickoryStick. Ehbeth for your helpful link. It answered my questions about PMs and HickoryStick for your gracious welcome and the link to the heathboards. Since I do have health problems I'm certain I'll check out heathboards and will post again on this forum. Once again thank you for your help.
0 Replies