What's Up With Republicans and Sex?

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:16 am
A third Republican Homeland Security higher up has been arrested and charged for illegal contact of a sexual nature with a minor.

Are these the family values half of America agreed to via their vote? Or, is this some kind of sicko power thing? Why THREE from Homeland Security? Were perverts the only ones to apply to run the Predator program?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,986 • Replies: 290
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
I'd guess it's a power thing more than a Republican thing -- just their politics make it seem more hypocritical when they get busted.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:30 am
You mean there has never been a Democrat pedophile?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:32 am
I don't think that's what squinney was saying, but the "they do it too" response is pretty predictable. Thanks for playing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:34 am
That's what ya have, McG? ... From 29 years ago??
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:36 am
It has to do with repression of natural instincts and urges.

Look at the Japanese - high societal repression, high levels of 'perversion' in their society.

It reminds me of 'desperate housewives' ratings; fourteen out of the fifteen states who have the highest TV ratings for it are Red states.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:37 am
And a three year relationship with a 14 year-old babysitter, while repugnant, isn't quite the same as predatory internet behavior.

Because I know what the response to that statement will be, I will repeat the words "WHILE REPUGNANT".

Repugnant.
Repugnant.
Repugnant.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:41 am
You seemed to be attacking Republicans (with quite a broad brush) as being pedophiles.

First of all, I haven't seen the party affiliation of the latest person, nor do I care. He was caught and that is good as I hope every child predator gets caught. But to imply it is a Republican problem is nothing more than argumentative.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:49 am
And we know how you HATE to argue....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:53 am
I must say, the Conservatives in Britain also see to have the most Baroque sexual scandals...you know, MPs dying or erotic auto asphyxiation and such.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:59 am
Why would anyone asphyxiate their auto? And how is that erotic?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:02 am
Repression? Maybe. But, why would so many be Republican rather than Democrat? Dems just seem to come right out with it if they are gay, such as Barney Franks, and the Gov. from up North - Maryland?? or Mass?

Being homosexual is one thing, as are extramarital affairs, but the GOP seems to go over the line with sex clubs, (Ryan) male prostitutes (Gannon), pedophilia (Homeland Security and alleged Bush Reagan Boy Toy Ring) Seems more deviant to me.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:04 am
Doyle gave his name and job title in his first instant message to the undercover officer, Rodgers said. "He was very upfront about who he was."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-04-04-homeland-official-arrest_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA
The man should be jailed for stupidity or even arrogance. To play sex games with minors and present your identity shows just how sick this man is.
To be mentally off and in charge of US security is a dangerous combination. To be an important man in HS he is probably a Republican.
Remember the totally incompetent boss of FEMA? He was a chum of the president and loved horses.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:06 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Why would anyone asphyxiate their auto? And how is that erotic?

I knew someone would come along who was an expert and would be able to point out my errors.

squinney wrote:
Repression? Maybe. But, why would so many be Republican rather than Democrat? Dems just seem to come right out with it if they are gay, such as Barney Franks, and the Gov. from up North - Maryland?? or Mass?

Being homosexual is one thing, as are extramarital affairs, but the GOP seems to go over the line with sex clubs, (Ryan) male prostitutes (Gannon), pedophilia (Homeland Security and alleged Bush Reagan Boy Toy Ring) Seems more deviant to me.

Isn't repression a fairly key conservative ...... at least in public....virtue?

You know, part of the sexual conservatism etc.?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:11 am
You guys crack me up.

I laugh everytime somebody brings up this whole conservative = repression/boring in bed thing. Give me a break. Talk about painting with a broad brush...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:12 am
detano inipo wrote:
Doyle gave his name and job title in his first instant message to the undercover officer, Rodgers said. "He was very upfront about who he was."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-04-04-homeland-official-arrest_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

Whoa...if true that is very interesting...suggests he is one of those who think it no crime...OR that he felt invincible, above the law.

Not very desirable qualities in a person with his former job, but not uncommon in paedophiles.

Great opportunities for blackmail and forcing him to give information etc.

Glad they got him.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:12 am
True, dlowan. Teach them abstinence and they will abstain, right? No need for contraceptives, abortions, or morning after pills 'cause we're tryin' our darndest to populate our base, one republican at a time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:15 am
jp - I would never accuse them of being boring in bed. I've never done anything close to being scrubbed down with falafel! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:16 am
squinney wrote:

Wow...they are damned brave if they are commonly coming "out with it" as a matter of routine...especially in the climate of anti gay nastiness the religious right seem to be trying to whip up in your country.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:18 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
You guys crack me up.

I laugh everytime somebody brings up this whole conservative = repression/boring in bed thing. Give me a break. Talk about painting with a broad brush...

I don't know as anyone is especially suggesting they are boring in bed....more that public repression may breed more florid behaviour in secret....

They might be more interesting in bed for all I know.

I don't even think it is especially insulting...I think a lot of conservatives would see repression....ie fairly rigid morals, intolerance of "deviance" etc..... as an acknowledged virtue.
0 Replies