What should be done about illegal immigration?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 10:23 am
@revelette,
The No Party is at it again. They are working very hard to destroy their own party; demographically, they have made women, minorities, Hispanics, seniors, gays and lesbians, college students, and their own party the enemy.

Doing a very good job at it too! They must try much harder. The only people left will be the bigots in the south and the Tea Party.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do realize that not everyone in the south is a bigot, don't you?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:42 pm
@mysteryman,
Your right! Just the majority.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:22 pm
@mysteryman,
I said "bigots in the south." Is that too difficult for you to comprehend?
Where did you learn English?

I didn't say "all whites in the south are bigots."
Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You do know what an implication is don't you?

Quote:
The only people left will be the bigots in the south and the Tea Party.

You didn't say all whites were bigots, but you sure as hell implied it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:39 pm
@Baldimo,
I didn't imply what you claim; you just don't comprehend English very well.

"Bigots in the south" does not imply "all whites." That's something you dreamed up in your own brain - and your ignorance about English.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well then you tell me who the bigots in the south would be. Would they be black, latino or asian bigots?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 03:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Look up "bigots" in your dictionary - if you have one! LOL
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 05:18 pm
Even George W. Bush knows that "the system is broken".

Bush avoided wading into the merits of specific legislation pending in Congress, but said it was important for lawmakers to recognize the benefits of immigration to the nation's future. While he didn't directly endorse a Senate-approved plan his comments suggested the need for Republicans to deal with immigration reform in a broad way.

Full story:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/george-w-bush-immigration_n_3573229.html
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 07:17 am
Poll: Democrats right on immigration

Quote:
More Americans say the Democratic Party better represents their feelings on immigration than Republicans do, according to a new poll Monday.

In the Gallup survey, 48 percent of adults polled picked the Democrats’ policies on immigration reform as resembling their own; 36 percent picked the GOP.

That split was largely driven by minorities, Gallup found. Among non-Hispanic whites, preference was nearly dead even, with 41 percent for the Democrats and 42 percent for the GOP. Hispanics, however, supported Democrats 60 percent to 26 percent, and non-Hispanic blacks supported Democrats 70 percent to 14 percent.

The party preference is also nearly even among people who identify as independent: Thirty-seven percent said the Democrats better represented them, compared to 35 percent who chose Republicans.

Gallup polled 4,373 adults by phone from June 13 to July 5 for the survey, which has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points. That error margin is higher, however, when results are broken down by race: plus or minus 3 percentage points for whites, 5 points for blacks and 6 points for Hispanics.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:24 am
@revelette,
Just on immigration? LOL

The No Party has frozen any progress in our country, and people keep voting the Tea Party and Conservatives into office. These are the same people who would suppress voting, take away control of women's own bodies (by men), and sneer at women, seniors, the poor, gays and lesbians, and minorities.

We deserve everything we get from our government.
revelette

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
Actually I think it is just particular districts that keep voting to put to conservatives in office. I used to think all tea partiers were for all the same things. Sometimes they surprise you.

Your daily jolt: Solar power divides two Georgia tea party groups
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:59 am
@revelette,
I observe the overall effect of the Tea Party/Conservatives in congress. They do not compromise, negotiate, or let Obama "win" anything of substance.

They just want to ensure that Obama is a failed "black" president.

Show me different?

BTW, I do not agree with everything Obama does, but I prefer him over Romney 24/7.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You would being one of the 47%.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 03:40 pm
@RABEL222,
Not really! We are financial secure, and I travel around the world about 5-6 times a year.

Haven't you visited my travel blog yet? Mr. Green Rolling Eyes
RABEL222

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 08:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 06:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
I realize what you are saying, however, I suppose I like see even a small particle of hope. Yesterday, I was glad that the senate came to agreement on presidential executive branch nominees so at least some of those positions have a chance to be filled. However, I know you are right, for the most part, I don't see good times ahead. I think in the mid term elections, republicans might regain the senate. After that, there is no chance at all at anything what so ever getting done in Washington. (not that much has to date but...)
revelette

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:10 pm
“Most people just want to have a legal status so they can work to provide for their families,” he said.

Quote:
Rep. Paul Ryan said Thursday that Republicans are taking care not to “push” illegal immigrants to become American citizens as part of any comprehensive immigration reform package.

“We don’t want to push people into citizenship,” Ryan said in an interview with KFYR 550 in Bismarck, N.D.

Ryan said immigrants are more interested in finding jobs than in becoming citizens.

“Most people just want to have a legal status so they can work to provide for their families,” he said.

Ryan has stepped up as an important advocate for immigration reform among House Republicans as he has sought to bridge the gap between the moderate and conservative members of his conference.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:43 pm
@revelette,
Republicans are not interested in progress for our country. Their main goal is to make Obama a failed black president. They're winning that "fight."
mysteryman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 03:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Democrats don't seem to be trying real hard to prevent it either.