What should be done about illegal immigration?

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 03:32 pm
@revelette,
Quote:
The bill's sponsor, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, speaking in favor of the measure, stated that this is a matter of "decency and compassion."

It is strange to hear him using these words today, when the House of Representatives previously rejected the Dream Act and just recently voted in favor of cutting off all funds to the Deferred Action program, thereby exposing these youths to deportation.

This context. They talk but do nothing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 09:46 pm
@RABEL222,
The way congress talks, it's very expensive for how much they earn against how much they produce any work. Their talk isn't cheap; it's outright outrageous!

We're paying them to play politics with our money. How many times have they tried to overturn ObamaCare? They're a bunch of losers!

And we keep voting them back in.

TNCFS
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 12:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
with the way washington has been abusing us citizens doing nothing sounds pretty good.....how can we make that happen? I see today that the feds are ignoring washington state law and is invading legal pot dispenseries and closing them down, thus giving me and all of my co-citizens the finger.

making us hate the Federal government even more than we already do is not a good long term plan for that crew.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2013 02:38 am
@hawkeye10,
Not to worry too much about our government; they do what they want to do, and keep getting reelected.

It's not the people in Washington we have to worry about; it's us!
0 Replies

Caitlin Krouse

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 05:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
OMG, I can't believe they let people like that in here! My husband says they're here now so we're just going to have to get along. I was like: hahaha! not for long!

I think we should get the government to spy on all of them. Because let me tell you, my perceived sense of security is far more important than the rights and liberties of other people! After all, we were born this way!

As a nurse at an addiction rehab facility, let me tell you, there are hardly EVER any Aryan people in there! My husband Alex is a lawyer and he says it's never the good Aryan people making trouble! But, you know, it's not really about right or wrong with us, or ethics, it's about what you can prove, right!!! Hahahaha!
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 08:44 am
GOP pollster: Yes, Republican primary voters do support immigration reform

Americans Want Congress to Pass the Senate Immigration Bill
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 12:38 pm
@revelette,
Primary voters support immigration reform, and they also keep voting in the same people who refuse to compromise and legislate!

Those GOP members of congress has a performance rating of under 10%, but they keep getting reelected.

It's hopeless!

TNCFS
Advocate

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The polarization in congress is the greatest in my memory. The teapartiers are irrational and reckless, caring little for the the success of our nation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2013 12:45 pm
@Advocate,
But people continue to support them. It's hopeless!
0 Replies

darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 03:11 pm
@Advocate,
Yea, Americans eventually took over. That's because the Americans had the advantages of immunity to diseases and advance weapons like guns.

Would it be possible that the illegal immigrants can carry diseases that we are not immuned to? Hmm.. We have a healthcare system (*whispers "that was once an illness system") and it's crazy expensive making those in poverty vulnerable to be infected and wait for care.
Would it be possible that illegal immigrants have advanced weaponry to tae us over? If not, could their form of weaponry be drugs?
Illegal drugs to control our societies and eventually they will take over from there?

Hmmm..I like you post. It picked my brain a bit. Thanks for sharing!
0 Replies

darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 03:26 pm
@DrewDad,
I think there are two types of immigrants. Legal and illegal.
Legal immigrants filled out paperwork, pay their dues, and have waited sometime to come into the U.S.. Sometimes they are not approved to come at all.

As for illegal immigrants, they come in and they don't mean to drain our resources. They need help, they want to have a better life for themselves and their children, etc. but then giving them what they need seems unfair for those who have waited, because they're already here.

I wonder if there can be anything that can be done to make the country they came from more suitable for them. If anything. Unless they have a corrupt government who denies them of the paperwork they need to become a legal immigrant and then eventually a citizen to the new country.

This is tough. I think we have great ideas on how we can help but who really does have power to make this happen?

Us as American citizens or people with a heap of money (i.e. politicians) fighting for a seat in congress?

What is the least we can do? What's the first step?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 03:36 pm
@darthtig,
Yes, it is not fair for illegals to have precedence over legal applications for migration to this country. However, there are children who were not old enough to make their own decision about migrating into the US illegally.

There needs to be two kinds of legalizing migrants into this country for illegals. There should be a shorter waiting period for any child who were brought into this country illegally, and a much longer period (longer than for legal applicants) for those who came knowing they broke the laws of this country. Those illegals should have to pay fines and fees for the period they stayed in this country illegally.

The GOP congress just voted against immigration legislation. Most Americans want our government to establish some laws for illegals, but the GOP is the No Party not interested in what Americans want.
darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 03:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell me more about the GOP. Who are they?

With your proposal, where will the child go after the end of their short period wait?
Hmm... Maybe if we can come up with a qualitative study and find the themes of what is really driving them here. And then find ways to solve that problem.

And I would believe that there are more of us than politicians.

How can we educate or let everyone know about this issue of illegal immigration?
I feel for the families of the illegal immigrants as well as the legal immigrants. They just seem so desperate to leave their country to come here and be united with other family members.

Would it be possible to bring awareness of illegal immigration and of its effects as well as solutions to the majority of Americans? Education can be free.
It can be from one conversation that spreads, making this knowledge accessible.

There's more of us than politicians and we as American citizens have come up with great ideas such as yours. We need more input, we need more sharing, and we need more hearts to make this happen.

Thank you for your reply. =)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 04:20 pm
@darthtig,
You,
Quote:
Tell me more about the GOP. Who are they?
A: They are the Grand Old Party, but it's nothing like the party of Lincoln. They've gone 190 degrees from what the party was in the 1860's till now. Many decades ago, I was a registered Republican, but they slowly started to change from conservatism to extremism. They are now the NO PARTY, and the worst performing congress in history. They spend more time and money on non-essentials like Benghazi, repeal ACA, and "Clinton is brain damaged." There's No Cure For Stupid = TNCFS

You,
Quote:
With your proposal, where will the child go after the end of their short period wait?
Hmm... Maybe if we can come up with a qualitative study and find the themes of what is really driving them here. And then find ways to solve that problem.

A: The child must stay with their parents until at least the legal age of 18.

You,
Quote:
And I would believe that there are more of us than politicians.

A: That's very true in every sense of the word, but for some mysterious reasons, the same GOP/Tea Party candidates get voted/back into office.

You,
Quote:
How can we educate or let everyone know about this issue of illegal immigration?

A: The majority of Americans already know about the need for updating the immigration laws. There are over 12-million illegal immigrants in this country, and our government has failed to address this problem for many decades.

You,
Quote:
I feel for the families of the illegal immigrants as well as the legal immigrants. They just seem so desperate to leave their country to come here and be united with other family members.

A: Most people feel/think the same on these issues, but the government has ignored this problem for too long. The GOP just voted against immigration reform laws.

You,
Quote:
Would it be possible to bring awareness of illegal immigration and of its effects as well as solutions to the majority of Americans? Education can be free. It can be from one conversation that spreads, making this knowledge accessible.

A: As stated earlier, most Americans are already aware of the illegal immigration problems, and want our government to act. The GOP has been a handicap to our government for many years, and are rated the lowest in history. They are the least productive in history, but people still continue to vote for them. There's really nothing we can do except encourage more democrats and independents to vote in liberal legislators who want immigration reform (and many other important issues) to be addressed and passed.

You,
Quote:
There's more of us than politicians and we as American citizens have come up with great ideas such as yours. We need more input, we need more sharing, and we need more hearts to make this happen.

A: This issue is an old one, and most people interested in reform can't do much when the same No Party members get the votes.

You,
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. =)

A: You're very welcome.
darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wow, the NO PARTY sounds like they are arrogant to what really matters.
Fighting over seats and putting time, energy, and money into non-essentials like that.
Is there a way we can find out the mysterious reasons as to why the GOP/Tea Party candidates get voted back into office?

My guess is that there's some bribery going on especially with money or drugs.
Is there any possibility of bringing all of this to light?

And yes, most Americans are aware of this issue. I think daily life stressors are what keeping us from actively doing something about it. Like, most of us worry about what we are going to eat for dinner, broken relationships, financial issues... etc.

What can we do about it? Please enlighten me more.
I am also very interested in your experience as a registered Republican.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 07:42 pm
@darthtig,
Legal immigrants are, for the most part, wealthy. They come legally because they have the resources to come legally.

Illegal immigrants are generally poor and brown skinned. This is why many people want to make it so difficult to become legal.

That is the real difference.
Advocate

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 08:08 pm
I have been reading a lot lately about how amnesty is going to cause a flood of new illegal immigrants. I don't doubt that this is true when you consider that most of the potential illegals cannot make a living wage where they now live.

However, should this country finally resolve to crack down on the employers of illegals, illegal immigration would all but dry up. However, the right loves the profits they can make exploiting the illegals. Thus, congress will not impose strict employer sanctions for hiring illegals.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 08:30 pm
@Advocate,
I'm not aware of illegal immigration increasing. Airports and seaports are pretty strict on who can even go on airplanes and cruises. I think the Mexico-US border and tourists visiting the US may overstay, but the statistics on illegal immigrants probably remains pretty static.
darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 09:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Please tell me more about their differences. This is a new perspective I have come across. Thank you for you input!
I'm interested in your comparison. Please tell me more and what you think we should do about this issue, or the least we can do to help those in need.

I know I said, "As for illegal immigrants, they come in and they don't mean to drain our resources. They need help, they want to have a better life for themselves and their children, etc. but then giving them what they need seems unfair for those who have waited, because they're already here."

I apologize if I sounded like I was putting down illegal immigrants, that was not my intention.
There is certainly a dilemma here. What's fair and what is not fair?
You make a really good point.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
I said that the illegal immigration would increase after amnesty is granted.
0 Replies