What should be done about illegal immigration?

Advocate

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 01:39 pm

Subject: American Suicide

We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington , DC , filled to capacity by many of America 's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, 'Mexifornia,' explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal was destroying the entire state of California . He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America.

The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States . He said, 'If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America . It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.''

'Here is how they do it,' Lamm said:

'First, to destroy America , turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.' Canada , Belgium , Malaysia , and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, Corsicans and Muslims.'

'Second, to destroy America , invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal; that there are no cultural differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

'Third, we could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec ' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentriy and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, 'I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.'

'Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school.'

'My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority.'

'My sixth plan for America 's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unit y it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia , threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. 'E. Pluribus Unum' -- From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will 'Balkanize' America as surely as Kosovo.'

'Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits. Make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America , it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them.'

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, 'Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis' book 'Mexifornia.' His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America . If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.'

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America Take note of California and other states. To date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book '1984.' In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: 'War is peace,' 'Freedom is slavery,' and 'Ignorance is strength.'

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

mysteryman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:27 pm
@teenyboone,
I have NEVER claimed to be a veteran of Vietnam. I am not old enought to have served in Vietnam. (I'm 48 years old)
I AM however, a veteran of Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, and Rolling Thunder.
(Thats Both Iraq wars and Afghanistan)
If you had bothered to do even the slightest bit of research you would have known that.

Where have I ever agreed with "Big Business" and where have I ever not given the "little guy" a break?
Please post examples!!!

And I have never said that Obama is responsible for the oil spill.
But if it makes you feel better...OBAMA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OIL SPILL!!!!!!!!!!!
I do however blame him for the slow federal response to the spill.

As for me being a bigot, there are NO examples of that.
On the contrary, if you had looked a little deeper, you would have seen the exact opposite.
I am not now, nor have I ever been a bigot of any kind.

If you arent racist, why do you continue to announce in almost every post you make that you are black and female.
That is not important to any conversation.

PATRIOT!!
okie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:41 pm
@Advocate,
I wonder if Dick Lamm realizes his own political party is the party of groupees, which has promoted all of the crap he talked about that would destroy America? Come to think of it, I wonder if Advocate realizes what he has been supporting, by supporting the liberal agenda? I doubt it. You must be a very conflicted person, Advocate, or extremely confused.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:00 pm
@mysteryman,
Maybe we should all list the wars we didn't attend. I missed them all, in spite of being in the service from '62 itll '67.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:47 pm
@roger,
That wasnt my goal.
Teeny accused me of making a claim, one that I have never made and one she would have known the truth of if she had simply looked at my profile.

I was simply correcting her, because as usual her claims about me and what I am are totally wrong.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:04 pm
Go Arizona, do not let Obama intimidate you with his opposition of enforcing the law. Question folks, shouldn't this be grounds for impeachment, a president actively attempting to thwart enforcement of existing laws?

"Facing Federal Lawsuit, Arizona Governor Stands Her Ground on Immigration Law"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/19/facing-federal-lawsuit-arizona-governor-stands-ground-immigration-law/
okie

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:59 pm
@okie,
A quote from the news article in my above post, which I agree with 100%, and every good American should also agree with 100%!!

"In a statement issued late Friday, Brewer called Obama's decision "outrageous" but "not surprising."

"Our federal government should be using its legal resources to fight illegal immigration, not the law-abiding citizens of Arizona," she said."

I would add that most of Obama's policies are outrageous but not surprising.

0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 09:33 am
@mysteryman,
So, who IS to blame? What is Barton apologizing to BP for? Why did he retract it afterward? What's Dick Armey's role? Didn't BP back his fake organization?
If you ARE a veteran of the Iraq war, where did you serve? Just as Repugs and some Dems have LIED about their service, what is your story?

Fact: My grandfather served during WWI. My father, his brother and my mothers' 2 brothers ALL served overseas during WWII, my father at Anzio,
Italy and my Uncle at the Battle of the Bulge. My father was a Buffalo Soldier
and my husband a "Brown Water Sailor" during the Tet Offensive in Viet Nam, unlike G.W. Bush, getting high and AWOL during his so-called "service" in the Air National Guard at the SAME time!

Dick Cheney, a 5-time deferred, non-server, responsible for Abu-Graib and
Gitmo torturers. A sinister, sneering, in the flesh Snidely Whiplash, if you will. So, "what did you do in the war, Daddy"?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:17 pm
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:

If you ARE a veteran of the Iraq war, where did you serve? Just as Repugs and some Dems have LIED about their service, what is your story?

Fact: My grandfather...

Wow. That was a really dumb post.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 01:51 pm
Why are you encouraging teenyboone with responses?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:11 pm
@teenyboone,
I have not read that snide of a post for a good long time, teeny. Now, I have disagreed with you on most things, however, I have generally taken you as an honest person, however I have to question your assertion that your father was a "Buffalo Soldier." According to a minimal amount of internet search, On September 6, 2005, Mark Matthews, who was the oldest living Buffalo Soldier, died at the age of 111. He was buried at Arlington National Cemetery. I suppose it is possible your father was a Buffalo Soldier, but there can't have been that many around that would have been of the age group to have had children of your age. I suspect he was not one of the original or real Buffalo Soldiers, but perhaps was a member of a unit that traced its history back to the Calvary units of the real Buffalo Soldiers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier
Krumple

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:13 pm
@Foxfyre,
I just think that anyone who wants to come to the US should be allowed in, but as they are coming in they must fill out a citizenship form if they plan to stay as citizens. Just let them in, don't make them wait, don't just allow in a certain number, let them all in. But to be fair with all the other citizens, they need to pay their taxes like every one else.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:27 pm
@Krumple,
There is a very easy way to stop illegal immigration; make it illegal to hire illegals on any job in the US. If anybody hires an illegal, make the penalty very expensive - like $50,000 per illegal hire.

That'll stop illegal immigration very quickly.
okie

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There is a very easy way to stop illegal immigration; make it illegal to hire illegals on any job in the US. If anybody hires an illegal, make the penalty very expensive - like $50,000 per illegal hire.

That'll stop illegal immigration very quickly.

Agreed. And elect Republicans in order to get it done, along with enforcing other laws already on the books, and problem solved. A big part of solving the problem is to sweep all Democrats out of office.

Great idea, ci, but Conservatives have proposed this a long time ago, we just need the right people in office to do it.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Krumple's way is easier. Much less red tape.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 06:13 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
.... the Calvary units of the....

Typo correction in case pom is reading this, so she doesn't have to correct me: Should read "the Cavalry units of"
teenyboone

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:27 am
@okie,
There were 3 Units of Buffalo Soldiers during WWII. The 91st, 92nd and
93rd of the 371st. They were reactivated during WWII and yes, they referred back to the original Calvary Divisions, so famous in taming the West, after the Civil War. Dumb? You didn't do your homework before you opened that "yap" of yours. You and so many dumb-a$$ed, white Americans, who can only think John Wayne and Ronald Reagan were "real" soldiers, when they NEVER served!

From their newspaper, The Buffalo, which my mother so lovingly saved
in a scrapbook, she kept of my fathers writings home, I have living proof
of their efforts, so Google "Buffalo Soldiers of WWII" and find out for your ignorant, self!
teenyboone

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:29 am
@okie,
See for yourself!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/92nd_Infantry_Division_%28United_States%29

Happy now?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:12 am
@teenyboone,
Quote:
Ronald Reagan were "real" soldiers, when they NEVER served!

As usual, you are wrong!!!

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/reference/military.html

Quote:
Ronald Wilson Reagan enrolled in a series of home-study Army Extension Courses on 18 March 1935. After completing 14 of the courses, he enlisted in the Army Enlisted Reserve on 29 April 1937, as a Private assigned to Troop B, 322nd Cavalry at Des Moines, Iowa. He was appointed Second Lieutenant in the Officers Reserve Corps of the Cavalry on 25 May 1937. On June 18 of that year Reagan, who had just moved to Los Angeles to begin his film career, accepted his Officer’s Commission and was assigned to the 323rd Cavalry.

Lieutenant Reagan was ordered to active duty on 19 April 1942. Due to eyesight difficulties, he was classified for limited service only, which excluded him from serving overseas. His first assignment was at the San Francisco Port of Embarkation at Fort Mason, California, as liaison officer of the Port and Transportation Office. Upon the request of the Army Air Forces (AAF), he applied for a transfer from the Cavalry to the AAF on 15 May 1942; the transfer was approved on 9 June 1942. He was assigned to AAF Public Relations and subsequently to the 1st Motion Picture Unit in Culver City, California. Reagan was promoted to First Lieutenant on 14 January 1943 and was sent to the Provisional Task Force Show Unit of This Is The Army at Burbank, California. Following this duty, he returned to the 1st Motion Picture Unit, and on 22 July 1943 was promoted to Captain.

In January 1944, Captain Reagan was ordered to temporary duty in New York City to participate in the opening of the sixth War Loan Drive. He was assigned to the 18th AAF Base Unit, Culver City, California on 14 November 1944, where he remained until the end of the war. He was recommended for promotion to Major on 2 February 1945, but this recommendation was disapproved on July 17 of that year. On 8 September 1945, he was ordered to report to Fort MacArthur, California, where he was separated from active duty on 9 December 1945.

While on active duty with the 1st Motion Picture Unit and the 18th Army Air Forces Base Unit, Captain Reagan served as Personnel Officer, Post Adjutant, and Executive Officer. By the end of the war, his units had produced some 400 training films for the Army Air Forces.

Reagan’s Reserve Commission automatically terminated on 1 April 1953. However, he became Commander-in-Chief of all U.S. Armed Forces when he became President on 20 January 1981.

So before you call others "ignorant", you should really make sure you know what you are talking about.

Now, you have accused me of lying about my military carreer, you have accused me of being racist, you have accused everyone that disagrees with you of being racist.
When will you realize that your attempts to paint everyone as racist only makes you look weak, because you seem to see racism in everything.

electronicmail

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:15 am
@okie,
Hi are you a geologist? Can you help with a couple of questions here please? http://able2know.org/topic/144532-9#post-4182550