What should be done about illegal immigration?

okie

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 08:58 pm
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:
That governor reminded me of Gov. Faubus, when he stood in the door of the Univ. of Mississippi and wouldn't allow James Meredith to enter.

teeny, please read what I wrote in my previous post about what really happened, that it was a conservative Republican that had to make a stand against the racism of the liberal Democrat Faubus. Also, I apologize for some of my sarcasm mixed with my posts, but seriously I also resent the unwarranted attacks upon decent people. And to compare the situation in Arizona to Arkansas, teeny, come on, you have to be more intelligent than that?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 09:05 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

It's funny how you slipped the word "murder" in there... even in a case that wasn't murder.

I don't like our law enforcement officers being shot at by anyone (it seems like you think that when American citizens shoot police officers, it is OK).

How about attempted murder. And when have I advocated American citizens shooting police officers? Where in the world do some posters here get their information? Mars?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:26 am
@roger,
The officer didn't die. Factually, I was poking at Okie's blind hysteria. But, I suppose it is relevant that the drug runner apparently only shot once, and though the officer was alone and wounded, the shooter ran off rather than killing him (which probably would have been easy to do at that point).

But the real point is the hysterical attempt to blame undocumented workers (the people who bring you water at restaurants or landscape your yard) with cop killers (in this case almost certainly someone who works as a drug smuggler).

By the way, did you know that the violence along the Arizona southern border (that the conservatives are jumping up and down screaming about) has gone down over the past ten years?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:40 pm
Quote:
ALBANY " In a major rebuke of federal immigration policy, Gov. David A. Paterson announced on Monday that he would create a special pardon panel to review cases involving legal immigrants who are at risk of deportation for minor or old convictions.

Mr. Paterson’s move will give many immigrants facing deportation renewed hope and places the governor into the middle of the country’s immigration debate.

The announcement comes as the federal government has taken an increasingly hard line in its interpretation of existing immigration law, leaving a growing number of legal immigrants who have criminal records facing deportation.

“Some of our immigration laws, particularly with respect to deportation, are embarrassingly and wrongly inflexible,” Mr. Paterson said in a speech on Monday at an annual gathering of the state’s top judges.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/paterson-takes-aim-at-immigration-enforcement/?hp

It is amazing how rapidly NY State is degenerating into a Banana Republic. They are giving California a real run for the money for the prize of being the worst run state in the nation. California had a head start, but NY is coming on strong. Illinois is a dark horse but they still have a shot.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:21 pm
@ebrown p,
I have mixed feelings about shooting of law enforcers. The Governor of Arizona
also skirts the fact that federal law enforcement has been strong on the cracking down of rounding up illegals. The man that shot the officer should be kicked out of this country but not before he pays for his crime. I predict that Pres. Obama will send military troops down there and it was reported today that illegals are leaving Arizona, due to the law.

I can't go to Mexico and be a burden on them, as they are here. They're one of the reasons Medical care is so expensive. I blame the employers here who advertise for workers in Mexico, then turn them in to the authorities once
they don't need them anymore. They're exploited on both sides of the fence.
I don't know what the answer should be.
Advocate

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 09:20 am
@teenyboone,
What do you mean when you say you have mixed feelings about the U. S. agent being shot? Do you somehow feel that they are fair game?

I am surprised that the black community has not come out strongly in favor of the AZ law. Blacks are losing jobs big time to the flood of illegals coming into the country.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 09:25 am
@Advocate,
Not surprising at all. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

African Americans understand what it means to be targeted . Selling racial profiling to African Americans is a particularly hard sell.

Everything the "illegals" are being unfairly blamed for -- from crime, to disease, to stealing jobs... are things that racists accused African Americans of, just a few decades back.

mysteryman

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 10:46 am
@teenyboone,
Quote:
What a country! They hate the Mexicans who were here thousands of years
before Europeans came to America

I dont suppose you can back that up?
If you mean the various Indian tribes, there were 55 seperate tribes inhabiting the area that is now Mexico...

http://www.native-languages.org/mexico.htm

So, where was their national capitol?
And if you had that many Indian tribes, how can you say that "Mexicans" were here that long ago?
Which one of those tribes do you consider the actual "Mexicans" and which ones arent?

Quote:
they hate Blacks because they fear
educating us will make us smarter than THEM,

Exactly who fears that?
Nobody I know fears that, as a matter of fact most people that I know want that to happen.
The better educated you are the better your opportunities are.

IMHO, you are spewing your usual garbage about being a victim, how the whole world is out to get you, etc.

Advocate

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:02 pm
@ebrown p,
I never heard anyone seek to expell blacks from the country.

I think people are basically the same regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion. But I think all illegal aliens should be kept out of the country and expelled once in the country.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:20 pm
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:

I have mixed feelings about shooting of law enforcers.

You have "mixed feelings"? Come on teeny, you are a better person that that, aren't you?
Quote:
The Governor of Arizona
also skirts the fact that federal law enforcement has been strong on the cracking down of rounding up illegals.

No, they have not.
Quote:
The man that shot the officer should be kicked out of this country but not before he pays for his crime. I predict that Pres. Obama will send military troops down there and it was reported today that illegals are leaving Arizona, due to the law.

You misjudge Obama big time. No way will Obama send troops down there, no way.

Quote:
I can't go to Mexico and be a burden on them, as they are here. They're one of the reasons Medical care is so expensive. I blame the employers here who advertise for workers in Mexico, then turn them in to the authorities once
they don't need them anymore. They're exploited on both sides of the fence.
I don't know what the answer should be.

The answer is to enforce the law, as it was 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, or 50 years ago. Both political parties have failed to fulfill their solemn oaths, but I blame the Democrats much more, because they are the party that has sought to use demagoguery with this issue, and they are still doing it.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 03:18 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Not surprising at all. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What exactly is your enemy, ebrown, the law and the United States of America?
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:34 pm
@Advocate,
Been offline for a while, so this is late. Hell no, I don't think that Agents are fair game. They are NOT taking jobs from Blacks. In a recession though, most anyone would take the jobs they are taking. I know people with Ph.D's waiting tables from being laid off. Things are bad all over. AZ is one state that takes it to the extreme.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:36 pm
@ebrown p,
Hear, Hear! Tell it!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:38 pm
@mysteryman,
Why question me, when all you have to do is Google Mexicans. You're a bonafide idiot, always "baiting" what someone else knows is FACT! Question me on something you DON'T know.
teenyboone

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:42 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

I KNOW you're not attributing this quote to ME! What the hell are you talking about? Who is THEY? Is THEY White? That's the only group in America that had it in their head that they were superior, to justify slavery. Please! You flatter yourself in vain!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:22 pm
@teenyboone,
mysteryman asks simple questions, and you proceed to call him an idiot and accuse him of "baiting what someone else knows as FACT." If its fact, teeny, why not proudly proclaim what the answer is?

And you claim all he has to do is to "google Mexicans" to find the answer. Have you tried that? I did. The first thing to come up is "images for Mexicans" and this photo as follows, and I would challenge you to point out where in the photo the answer may be to his question.
http://dianelent.com/mar06nola/mexicans.jpg
teenyboone

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:55 am
@okie,
Read before you criticize! This is what HE, Mysteryman said, then he attributed a quote, presumably to me, because there was no specification. His remarks were to ME and I didn't say what he said, especially in the last quote. You show me where I said it! I didn't, so you speak for you and allow me to defend myself!

@teenyboone,
Quote:

before Europeans came to America
Yes, I said it!

If you mean the various Indian tribes, there were 55 seperate tribes inhabiting the area that is now Mexico...

And if you had that many Indian tribes, how can you say that "Mexicans" were here that long ago?
Which one of those tribes do you consider the actual "Mexicans" and which ones arent?

Quote:

I DIDN'T say THIS! HE did. Who is THEY?

Exactly who fears that?
Nobody I know fears that, as a matter of fact most people that I know want that to happen.
The better educated you are the better your opportunities are.

IMHO, you are spewing your usual garbage about being a victim, how the whole world is out to get you, etc.

And so did YOU, your usual Garbage, that is!
Read first Okie!

okie

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 09:51 am
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:

Read before you criticize! This is what HE, Mysteryman said, then he attributed a quote, presumably to me, because there was no specification. His remarks were to ME and I didn't say what he said, especially in the last quote. You show me where I said it! I didn't, so you speak for you and allow me to defend myself!

To start with, teenyboone, it would help tremendously if you would provide the quotes in the quote boxes or frames so that it would be clear who said what. It becomes very confusing when that is not done. Secondly, shown below is the question that I noted mm as asking, to which you provided no reasonable answer but instead made what I took as a sarcastic comment about googling Mexicans to find the answer. Not speaking for mm, but I think his point as I took it - was the fact that the people inhabiting the area now encompassed by New Mexico and Arizona thousands of years ago, were not Mexicans, they were various indian tribes with no international borders or national identity. Further, those same types of peoples were also displaced and moved about by Europeans in Mexico, those Europeans being primarily from Spain, and now those people some now claim were here thousands of years ago. I do not believe the Europeans in what is now known as Mexico have any greater claim than those that settled and inhabited what is now known as the United States, I think that was the point of mm, although he can speak for himself.

mysteryman wrote:

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 03:00 pm
@teenyboone,
First of all, the quote I attributed to you came from you, in this post...

In this thread.
And here is the date and time of that post...Sun 2 May, 2010 05:44 pm

So, since you were the person quoted, and since I just posted the date, time, AND post number of that post, there is no way you can now claim you didnt make that post.

So now, why dont you answer the questions you were asked concerning that post.
roger

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 04:55 pm
@mysteryman,
Here's the quote (unedited) from 5/2/10@ 5:44pm, if it is what you were referring to.

teenyboone wrote:

That's exactly what the majority of Americans want, completely ignoring Ticomayo, the dumb F**K! I don't know why the US just doesn't "open" the
borders, when migrant workers are needed, especially harvest time.
Arizona has a "knack" at cutting off their nose, to spite their face! That governor reminded me of Gov. Faubus, when he stood in the door of the Univ. of Mississippi and wouldn't allow James Meredith to enter.

They are part of a NEW/OLD movement to have "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever", types! Tea Baggers of a different stripe! They want their benefits and "entitlements" but don't want to PAY for them and don't want any other race to have THEIR benefits, like nobody else pays taxes but rich and middleclassed whites.

before Europeans came to America, they hate Blacks because they fear
educating us will make us smarter than THEM, like one Black worker is a whole lot of integration, or that's because it's been my history to be an
"only" fly in the buttermilk! Yet insist on calling themselves Christians!

WWJD? Rush Limbaugh and Faux News owe their celebrity for promoting
racism in this country. Europeans think that America with all its' wealth and
power is doomed to fail like the Roman Empire because the US markets freedom and "unalienable rights". Yeah, but just for some. Blacks and brown people need not apply. Happy Trails!