What should be done about illegal immigration?

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:34 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
“White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”
Yes, it's really quite amazing how much those mongoloids accomplished considering their tiny littler fingers. I do have to admit thought that it's a pretty poor claim to fame to include astrology. BTW Helen, what's your sign?
High Seas

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:38 pm
@dyslexia,
Everybody in China (and half the people I know in Japan) has asked me the same thing - they go by their horoscopes a lot, and expect great things from the current year, Year of the Tiger. You're not Chinese or Japanese by any chance, are you?!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:31 pm
@Advocate,
Here's another:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sharpton

While his statement is coarsely worded, he spoke the truth.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 06:04 pm
teeny, thats hilarious, so Africans were ahead of the evil Europeans in raping and pillaging the New World, and probably bringing disease and pestilence as well! I did not realize that Al Sharpton was such an untapped reservoir of vast knowledge of history and other subjects.
teenyboone

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:15 am
@okie,
Okie,
If you haven't taken a course in College Black History, how would you know?
Lerone Bennett, noted Black author wrote, "Before Columbus" an indepth
investigation into lost, stolen or strayed, Black History. I took 2 courses in Black Literature; Black Voices and New Black Voices, which goes from slave
narratives and the Harlem Rennaissance to todays Voices of Blackness, including, fiction, non-fiction, poetry and progressive music.

If you've had no prior exposure to people of African Descent in either academia
or your every day life, you're really missing out on what makes this country
so diverse. If you consider what I say is "liberal", then so be it. Black History is no laughing matter, because Black History is American History, untold.

On another note, Rev. Al, just doesn't come across professionally, but he is
on point. I have no clue why he is consulted on all matters black as he comes across as a "buffoon", uncouth and not to be taken serious, but maybe THAT's the "image" the media prefers seeing Blacks as. Replace Blacks with
whites instead and I'll bet you wouldn't like it either! Negative Black images sell newspapers and reinforces what some whites think of us anyway.

When I see white Republicans running off at the mouth, ignorant of the issues, I often wonder how they were elected! They make all whites look bad and yet, I KNOW that isn't the case. I must be lucky or fortunate, that
some of the finest people I know, happen to be white! Some aren't LIBERAL either! I know many white conservatives who believe in limited government,
lower taxes and all of the other adjectives used against whites who are just that; conservative! I ain't mad at 'em! They're just being themselves!
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:31 am
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:
... I took 2 courses in Black Literature; Black Voices and New Black Voices, which goes from slave narratives and the Harlem Rennaissance to todays Voices of Blackness, including, fiction, non-fiction, poetry and progressive music.

... Replace Blacks with whites instead and I'll bet you wouldn't like it either! ...

Hmm ... I took 2 courses in White Literature; White Voices and New White Voices, which goes from our caveman days to today's Voices of Whiteness ....

I dunno ... how do you like it?

ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:08 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Hmm ... I took 2 courses in White Literature; White Voices and New White Voices, which goes from our caveman days to today's Voices of Whiteness ....

I dunno ... how do you like it?

I think you are trying to be sarcastic... but doesn't this pretty much describe the education Americans get in college and even high school?

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 01:27 pm
@ebrown p,
No, it doesn't.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:11 pm
Quote:
Obama's fatal flinch on immigration reform

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, May 2, 2010

Air Force One was about seven miles over Appalachia this week when President Obama dropped a bomb on his party.

Senate Democrats had that very day circulated an immigration reform proposal, and the Associated Press, receiving a leaked copy, reported on the "draft legislation."

But as Obama returned to Washington from Illinois Wednesday night, he walked back to the press cabin on the presidential aircraft and, in an impromptu Q&A, essentially declared immigration reform dead. He said "there may not be an appetite" for it.

Obama's retreat -- after encouraging senators only weeks ago to take up immigration reform -- clotheslined Senate Democrats. Since their proposal had already leaked, they had no choice but to go ahead with the rollout of the plan Obama had just doomed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/30/AR2010043001389.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Obama was an idiot....he did a knee jerk about the Arizona law before he put his brain into action. The fact that the majority of citizens what the laws against illegal entry into our country applied, but the corporate class who fund politics dont, but him in a bad place. Much better to do nothing.

I am sure it never occurred to him in the beginning that crossing the people with another Amnesty law will cost him big at election time.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
That would be a fine theory, if it weren't for the fact that the majority of Americans support a comprehensive bill that includes both border security and a path to citizenship.

It is also funny how Conservatives want to have it both ways on this issue.

1) They are complaining that Arizona has to racially profile; with a law that not only causes such controversy and ridicule, but will also cost millions in lawsuits and lost revenue. Why? You may ask these conservatives. And, they will tell you, it is because the Federal government isn't working to resolve the immigration issue.

2) Then, in almost the same breath, they will triumphantly brag about the fact they are stopping any movement the Federal government wants to take toward addressing the immigration issue.

What a joke!

You are either in favor of the Federal government stepping up to the plate, or you're not.

((Unless of course you just want to hand Obama another Waterloo))
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:51 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
That would be a fine theory, if it weren't for the fact that the majority of Americans support a comprehensive bill that includes both border security and a path to citizenship.
That is false, we want enforcement of the laws and also a path to citizenship to SOME of those already here. Border control is one part of what needs to be done, other parts can be found in Arizona law. Corporations/Business will punish any Federal Politician who moves to police the hiring of illegals, Liberals will punish any effort to find and deport illegals outside of the job, and relying on Border control alone has already failed.

Obama was a few weeks late, but he finally figured out that doing anything was a certain loss for him.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's funny-- you use the pronoun "we" referring to some undefined collective group that seems to be in agreement.

However "liberals" constitute a "them", obviously liberals aren't part of this nebulous "we".

It would be nice to know just who "we" is.

((Incidentally, the correct Machiavellian conspiracy theory is that Obama doesn't want this resolved because it will make a great wedge issue to split the Republicans from Hispanics and other Republicans in 2012. It is better for him to keep this contentious issue alive for a while.)).
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:04 pm
@ebrown p,
"we" refers to the American citizens, excluding by definition those who should not be in our country, but does include liberals. Believe it or not liberals want laws applied as well, though they tend to disagree with conservative about what immigration law should be
ebrown p

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:15 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
"The recent passage by Arizona of a new immigration law could have a negative impact on hundreds of Major League players who are citizens of countries other than the United States. These international players are very much a part of our national pastime and are important members of our Association. Their contributions to our sport have been invaluable, and their exploits have been witnessed, enjoyed and applauded by millions of Americans. All of them, as well as the Clubs for whom they play, have gone to great lengths to ensure full compliance with federal immigration law.

"The impact of the bill signed into law in Arizona last Friday is not limited to the players on one team. The international players on the Diamondbacks work and, with their families, reside in Arizona from April through September or October. In addition, during the season, hundreds of international players on opposing Major League teams travel to Arizona to play the Diamondbacks. And, the spring training homes of half of the 30 Major League teams are now in Arizona. All of these players, as well as their families, could be adversely affected, even though their presence in the United States is legal. Each of them must be ready to prove, at any time, his identity and the legality of his being in Arizona to any state or local official with suspicion of his immigration status. This law also may affect players who are U.S. citizens but are suspected by law enforcement of being of foreign descent.

"The Major League Baseball Players Association opposes this law as written. We hope that the law is repealed or modified promptly. If the current law goes into effect, the MLBPA will consider additional steps necessary to protect the rights and interests of our members
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:47 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

It would be nice to know just who "we" is.

It is the law abiding citizens of this country that still have an ounce of common sense, and would like their laws enforced.
okie

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:32 pm
@okie,
And "we" are the people that don't like our law enforcement officers being murdered in Arizona by drug runners and human smugglers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/30/arizona-authorities-searching-deputy-shot-desert/

"Ariz. Deputy Shot; Illegal Immigrants Suspected
State and federal law enforcement agencies deployed helicopters and scores of officers in pursuit of the suspects after the deputy was shot with an AK-47 on Friday afternoon.
PHOENIX-- A sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded Friday after encountering a group of suspected illegal immigrants who apparently had been hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in the Arizona desert -- a violent episode that comes amid a heated national debate over immigration."

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 11:55 am
@okie,
It's funny how you slipped the word "murder" in there... even in a case that wasn't murder.

I don't like our law enforcement officers being shot at by anyone (it seems like you think that when American citizens shoot police officers, it is OK).
teenyboone

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:44 pm
@ebrown p,
That's exactly what the majority of Americans want, completely ignoring Ticomayo, the dumb F**K! I don't know why the US just doesn't "open" the
borders, when migrant workers are needed, especially harvest time.
Arizona has a "knack" at cutting off their nose, to spite their face! That governor reminded me of Gov. Faubus, when he stood in the door of the Univ. of Mississippi and wouldn't allow James Meredith to enter.

They are part of a NEW/OLD movement to have "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever", types! Tea Baggers of a different stripe! They want their benefits and "entitlements" but don't want to PAY for them and don't want any other race to have THEIR benefits, like nobody else pays taxes but rich and middleclassed whites.

What a country! They hate the Mexicans who were here thousands of years
before Europeans came to America, they hate Blacks because they fear
educating us will make us smarter than THEM, like one Black worker is a whole lot of integration, or that's because it's been my history to be an
"only" fly in the buttermilk! Yet insist on calling themselves Christians!

WWJD? Rush Limbaugh and Faux News owe their celebrity for promoting
racism in this country. Europeans think that America with all its' wealth and
power is doomed to fail like the Roman Empire because the US markets freedom and "unalienable rights". Yeah, but just for some. Blacks and brown people need not apply. Happy Trails!
roger

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 06:13 pm
@ebrown p,
How would it not be murder? You can't claim self defense while commiting a crime.
okie

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 07:51 pm
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:

That's exactly what the majority of Americans want, completely ignoring Ticomayo, the dumb F**K! I don't know why the US just doesn't "open" the
borders, when migrant workers are needed, especially harvest time.
Arizona has a "knack" at cutting off their nose, to spite their face! That governor reminded me of Gov. Faubus, when he stood in the door of the Univ. of Mississippi and wouldn't allow James Meredith to enter.

They are part of a NEW/OLD movement to have "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever", types! Tea Baggers of a different stripe! They want their benefits and "entitlements" but don't want to PAY for them and don't want any other race to have THEIR benefits, like nobody else pays taxes but rich and middleclassed whites.

What a country! They hate the Mexicans who were here thousands of years
before Europeans came to America, they hate Blacks because they fear
educating us will make us smarter than THEM, like one Black worker is a whole lot of integration, or that's because it's been my history to be an
"only" fly in the buttermilk! Yet insist on calling themselves Christians!

WWJD? Rush Limbaugh and Faux News owe their celebrity for promoting
racism in this country. Europeans think that America with all its' wealth and
power is doomed to fail like the Roman Empire because the US markets freedom and "unalienable rights". Yeah, but just for some. Blacks and brown people need not apply. Happy Trails!

What racist garbage you spew, you should hang your head in shame. If you have a conscience? What about the Spaniards that raped and pillaged Mexico, if you wish to talk about the "Mexicans" that were here for thousands of years as you say? Spaniards weren't Europeans?

By the way, I'm glad you mentioned Governor Faubus, he was the liberal racist Democrat governor of Arkansas that tried to use the National Guard to prevent black students from going to his schools, and it took the conservative Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower to federalize the National Guard to protect black students and make sure they could attend Faubus's white schools. And to compare that to the so-called right of non-citizens to invade Arizona is one of the most bizarre comparisons ever, in fact there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. It is purely racist and Demcratic garbage, period.
0 Replies