What should be done about illegal immigration?

Advocate

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Advocate wrote:
You can just imagine what life would be like were we to have a couple billion more people.

Like in the Netherlands or Denmark?

No! Those countries have fabulous ports, businesses, culture, etc., which overcome the fact that must import so much. Moreover, those countries are facing major problems due to crowding.

okie

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:26 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Bill, okay, just take your assertion that this country can take on another billion people without much problem, that is about as ridiculous and far fetched as anything Advocate has claimed. Both of you guys are now in never never land in terms of logic. Such a statement about a billion more people is not only illogical, it is also very ignorant, Bill.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Advocate wrote:
You can just imagine what life would be like were we to have a couple billion more people.

Laughing Or Germany. How's life with that unsustainable population treating you, Walter?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:34 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Advocate wrote:

No! Those countries have fabulous ports, businesses, culture, etc., which overcome the fact that must import so much. Moreover, those countries are facing major problems due to crowding.

Good grief, last I checked, Denmark has a little over 5 million people, one two hundreth of a billion. Much of the country is rural. We have more people in single cities here than in the entire country of Denmark.
okie

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:39 pm
Do the libs here, with the exception of Advocate, not realize a billion is 1,000 millions?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:42 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Bill, okay, just take your assertion that this country can take on another billion people without much problem, that is about as ridiculous and far fetched as anything Advocate has claimed. Both of you guys are now in never never land in terms of logic. Such a statement about a billion more people is not only illogical, it is also very ignorant, Bill.
Is it really that hard for you to discern fact from assertion? The assertion you're ascribing to me is Advocate's alone. I merely pointed out that even the moron’s fantasy phobia would result in the United States still not even being in the top 25% of nations by population density. This is EASILY VERIFIED FACT. Focus... or just go on enjoying your willful ignorance.
okie

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 04:57 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You are advocating quadrupling the population here, and many cities already resemble war zones, especially where Democrats run the cities. No thanks to your nonsense, Bill.
ebrown p

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:01 pm
@okie,
Quote:

You are advocating quadrupling the population here, and many cities already resemble war zones, especially where Democrats run the cities. No thanks to your nonsense, Bill.

Which city in the US resembles a war zone?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:25 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

You are advocating quadrupling the population here,
I am advocating no such thing. Try harder to understand what you read.

okie wrote:
No thanks to your nonsense, Bill.
Apparently to you; EASILY VERIFIED FACT= nonsense.

(Not sure why this surprises me.)
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:29 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Do the libs here, with the exception of Advocate, not realize a billion is 1,000 millions?
Do the Okie's here, without exception, not realize the irrelevance of that consideration when assessing density?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:33 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
The last few pages have been pretty funny Laughing

I don't think people realize how much empty land we have here in America, how low our population density is compared to other countries.

Cycloptichorn
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I've seen it estimated that the percentage of the US land area that is taken by urbanization, including cities and roads is somewhere between 5% and 35%. We got lots of room lol.
spendius

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:19 pm
@Irishk,
And lots of Christian loins.
roger

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
There is also lots of empty land in Australia. There is a reason for that, too.
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:25 pm
@spendius,
All kinds of loins. A bit short on jobs at the moment...but that should rebound in a couple of decades or so...so sayeth the New York Times.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:28 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Haha, our empty land isn't as inhospitable as theirs is.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 06:30 pm
@roger,
Quote:

Is it those bottoms we have seen on the News?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:01 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I gotta agree with you, it has been funny.

To give everyone an idea about our population, I remember reading years ago a tidbit of information (dont ask me where I read it, it was 20 years ago), that said that if every person in the USA was given 6 square feet to stand on, then our entire population would fit in Miami.

And yes, I know that 6 square feet isnt much space, but I found that tidbit interesting.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 11:00 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Good grief, last I checked, Denmark has a little over 5 million people, one two hundreth of a billion. Much of the country is rural. We have more people in single cities here than in the entire country of Denmark.

Denmark has a population (Q4/2008) of 5 534 738, out of which around 85 percent living in cities/towns.

The population density is 128.079/km² compared to 32.067/km² in the USA.

I don't get what "more people in single cities here than in the entire country of Denmark" has to due with population density - but that might be caused by our different educational system. Wink
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 11:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't get what "more people in single cities here than in the entire country of Denmark" has to due with population density - but that might be caused by our different educational system. Wink
Hey! We're not all Okie!