What should be done about illegal immigration?

Thomas

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 10:57 am
@Advocate,
American conservatives on this board frequently libel American liberals as totalitarians. In the most ugly cases, they portray them as people who want to turn America into North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, or some other Communist or Islamist tyranny. Now I see an American liberal explicitly praising those hellholes as worth emulating. Was I wrong about American liberals, and were those conservatives right?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 11:33 am
@Thomas,
The Advocate for the master race is a liberal? Huh.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 11:37 am
@OCCOM BILL,
He is from the liberal wing of the tea bagger movement, I think. Soon they will be spouting off about Obamamnesty.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 04:37 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Obamamnesty

Now, that's a fine tongue twister.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 04:56 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, your statement is very cute. I think every country but us cracks down very hard on illegals. I am basically a liberal, but not a lockstep one. I certainly reserve the right to use my intellect.

There previously was no one more in favor of amnesty than was McCain. I gather that he has recently changed his views on this. Does that make him an Iranian?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:00 pm
There must be a few libs who are opposed to illegal immigration. I realize that O'Moron thinks that our taking in a couple billion more poeple in the USA would hardly make a ripple.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:06 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

The Advocate for the master race is a liberal? Huh.

You guys crack me up - Advocate is of the jewish faith: maybe he said something about "chosen people" (it's in the Bible) but it's not likely he claimed to belong to any "master race"! He's a left-leaning liberal, like 94% of all jewish voters (as per 2008 presidential election results) and no friend of tea parties. Any connection between recent statements by both of you and demonstrable facts appears to be purely coincidental, LOL.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 05:10 pm
@High Seas,
I can't see much difference between High Seas and Advocate.
Advocate

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 05:32 pm
Whether you all think I am a lib or not is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that, last month, the U.S. economy shed 85,000 more jobs. Unemployment stands at more than 15 million. And black unemployment has risen to 17.2%. I think that the blacks have suffered the most from illegal immigration. Notwithstanding this, there will soon be a big bipartisan push in congress for amnesty.

Leaders of the Senate's Judiciary Committee promised this push recently at a meeting with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO, and various ethnic and pro-amnesty groups.

Senate staffers told the pro-illegal people that Sen. Schumer (D-NY) and Sen. Graham (R-SC) are going to shove an Amnesty to the top of the Senate agenda as soon as they pass the health care bill.

If Schumer and Graham win, it is going to be devastating to our country, especially to blacks. Moreover, it will be an open invitation for millions of additional illegals, who will figure that they will eventually get amnesty. Don't expect that the borders will suddenly close down.

If the pro-amnesty dupes win, and 12 - 20 million illegal aliens were to become eligible for legal work permits, where would these people find legal jobs? Probably from Americans getting fired to make way for the new, cheap and now legal foreign workers!
roger

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 05:41 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

I can't see much difference between High Seas and Advocate.

I think the difference is that High Seas understands the difference between legal and illegal.
ebrown p

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@roger,
Quote:

I think the difference is that High Seas understands the difference between legal and illegal.

Ha!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 10:06 am
Being devoid of any intelligent thought, eBrown, O'Moron, Roger, et al., feel forced to flame those who disagree with them. Give us some substantive input.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:07 pm
@Advocate,
amen.
ebrown p

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 02:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
amen.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:17 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Whether you all think I am a lib or not is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that, last month, the U.S. economy shed 85,000 more jobs. Unemployment stands at more than 15 million. And black unemployment has risen to 17.2%. I think that the blacks have suffered the most from illegal immigration. Notwithstanding this, there will soon be a big bipartisan push in congress for amnesty.

Well, it is relevant, because if you are a lib, you and the people that think like you have elected people that are doing the exact thing that you think is stupid or wrong. That seems to me that it should be relevant to you. After all, why vote for people that do not do what you want them to do? You might want to get your head examined, Advocate?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:19 pm
@okie,
"You might want to get your head examined, Advocate?"

be careful, okie, they might make that a requirement for posting.

then what?
okie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:24 pm
@Rockhead,
And who would do the examinations, somebody appointed by Obama's Politburo?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:22 am
@okie,
You may be a single-issue voter, but I am not. Obama is incredibly superior to anyone the Reps are likely to nominate.
okie

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:08 pm
@Advocate,
The trouble with your thinking, Advocate, is that single issues can be a tremendous window into the overall common sense and philosophy of a president, such as Obama. If he lacks common sense in something this simple, which most Democrats do in regard to illegals in this country, it should tell you something about their ability to reason as well as how they view their job and how much they actually value their own country and their respect for the law.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:40 pm
I am not going to step in the middle of this little lover's spat... except to say how much I enjoy a good catfight.

Now carry on.
0 Replies