What should be done about illegal immigration?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 01:42 pm
@okie,
okie's thinking not only lacks common sense, but doesn't understand how this country has grown through immigration - which was the primary reason for our successes.

Many of the new technology now being developed can be credited to the many foreigners who came to this country to earn their graduate degrees in science and engineering, and stayed to work in our country's companies.

okie shows his ignorance over and over, and never learns from all those challenges to his ignorant posts.

There's no cure for stupid.
Advocate

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is so childess. We are a nation of immigrants, but the country reached the point in which immigration must be controlled. I might mention that many illegal immigrants have been a terrible and growing problem for the country.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:02 pm
@Advocate,
Immigration can be controlled, but which party are you expecting to have them control it? REALITY: None of the two major parties in this country has corrected all the problems about illegal immigration.

I don't waste my time waiting for them to act.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:25 pm
Doubtlessly, many Dems want the illegals' votes. But many of the Reps want their cheap labor.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:12 pm
Just a single county is spending $64 million on welfare for the American children of illegal aliens. Of course, this is going on all over the country.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14217638?source=most_emailed
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:37 pm
@Advocate,
However, if they were born in the US, they are naturalized citizens of this country.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:47 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate... I hope you are happy that Scott Brown won. It will now be that much easier for Republicans to block both Heath care and Immigration reform
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Damn 14th Amendment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:10 am
@ebrown p,
Is there one that says "welcome all illegals into our country?" Does that include the Taliban and al Qaida?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
C.I., were your parents born in this country?
okie

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 02:18 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Just a single county is spending $64 million on welfare for the American children of illegal aliens. Of course, this is going on all over the country.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14217638?source=most_emailed

Right on. To fix the medical industry problem, if we actually would identify the problems and fix those problems, that would be a huge step forward. One of the biggest problems is maybe a third of the uninsured are not even here legally, they are not citizens. So if we fixed the illegal problem, that would be a good first step. Then we could then address the problem of the uninsured that can afford insurance but do not, and the people that qualify for Medicaid but do not avail themselves of it, then try to fix the massive fraud in Medicare and Medicaid.

The above would be infinitely better than enacting a monstrosity of a boondoggle that will only foster more fraud and continue to bankrupt the country.

To summarize, there is no hope of fixing any problem if it is not properly identified and the causes properly identified and addressed. Obamacare does none of that, but instead proposes a completely new boondoggle to add to the existing ones that we already have.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 02:20 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
What has that got to do with anything? You a racist or something? LOL Yes, both; father in Hawaii, and mother in Portland, OR.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 02:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Was just curious if you enjoyed first hand some of the protections the Avocate for the master race is bitching about. I guess not.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:06 pm
O'Moron, once again, illegal is not a race. I am in favor of kicking out ALL illegals, regardless of race. But please explain how this country can afford to allow billions of additional people into the country.

Okie, we already have a health-care system that is rife with fraud, hugely expensive, does not work, and is a disgrace to the human race. But you will never admit the truth.
roger

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Aha! Was Hawaii a state back then? I'm not sure New York was a state that long ago.
parados

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:16 pm
@okie,
okie math

9.6/46 = 1/3

Real math
9.6/46 < 1/4 and closer to 1/5 when it equals .208

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/03/uninsured-us-citizens
Quote:
According to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation, 79 percent of the uninsured are native or naturalized U.S. citizens. The remaining 21 percent accounts for both legal and illegal immigrants.

To summarize, there is no hope of fixing any problem if it is not properly identified and the causes properly identified and addressed.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 03:30 pm
@roger,
It was a US territory.

However, Oregon was already a US state when our mother was born.

Of coarse, there may be some Americans who may still claim we are not truly Americans. That was also true when I was a youngster when I was told to return to my "country" even though I'm third generation American.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Okie, we already have a health-care system that is rife with fraud, hugely expensive, does not work, and is a disgrace to the human race. But you will never admit the truth.

And most of the fraud is due to Medicare and Medicaid, so instead of creating another boondoggle rife with fraud, lets fix what we have first, that would be part of the solution to the problems.
Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:38 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Advocate wrote:

And most of the fraud is due to Medicare and Medicaid, so instead of creating another boondoggle rife with fraud, lets fix what we have first, that would be part of the solution to the problems.

That is a ridiculous statement. Medicare is 10 times more cost efficient than is any of the insurance companies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:45 pm
@Advocate,
That's probably true, because they've been cutting doctor's fees like crazy, and so some doctors now refuse Medicare patients.

That doesn't absolve private insurance companies that continue to deny pre-existing illness, and refuse to pay for many supplies and procedures.