dyslexia and anarchism

dyslexia

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 10:45 am
Populists you say? Do we really want more Tom DeLays in our world?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:17 pm
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
Populists you say? Do we really want more Tom DeLays in our world?

Well, not all populists are turd blossoms.

Actually, I prefer the Cooperative Movement to the Populist Movement. So there!

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:30 pm
Yes, all populists are turd blossoms. Cooperatives are simply communists in the guise of humanatarians.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:52 pm
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
Yes, all populists are turd blossoms. Cooperatives are simply communists in the guise of humanatarians.

That will work for me, but you are not allowed in the cooperative cause your ilk are sh*t disturbers.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:09 pm
Dys gets to be an ilk. I wish I had that.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:32 pm
Edgar
edgarblythe wrote:
Dys gets to be an ilk. I wish I had that.

Edgar, buy yerself a Stetson and no one will realize that you are not an official ilk. I won't tell.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:36 pm
It would just slide off my bald head.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:45 pm
Edgar
edgarblythe wrote:
It would just slide off my bald head.

You are one pathetic dude!

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:49 pm
At least I'm happy.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:01 pm
Poor Anarchism, the stepchild of political Ideology.

"Anarchism, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government."
-1957 Emma Goldman

"Our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
- Louis D. Brandeis

"Anarchists know that a long period of education must precede any great fundamental change in society, hence they do not believe in vote begging, nor political campaigns, but rather in the development of self-thinking individuals."
- lunaleelee Lucy Parsons quotes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
You're full of it, Thomas0--Sarpi, the consultant to the Venetian Senate, sent him the description of the telescope, and inquired if he could make such a device. You may suppose there were no implication of an interest on the part of his employers--but i doubt that he did.

You're so silly ! ! !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:44 pm
I would be interested in Dys' response to what i remarked about my response to him in the thread from which he states he took the inspiration for this one, and what his comment is on the passage of Hobbes to which i referred.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:44 pm
so much for 4 words.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:06 pm
Did you really think
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:06 pm
that it applies everywhere?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 10:18 pm
Damn it!!!!!! Can't we have some ORDER in th anarchy thread!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 03:03 am
Re: dyslexia and anarchism
dyslexia wrote:
While it's true that over the years on my involvement on a2k I have become the village anarchist, originally as a derogatory label by several wingnuts from the right but also encouraged by meself. On another thread today I posted "all forms of government are pernicious" to which I got back responses re the folly of anarchism from both Asherman and Setanta. I offer herein my defense. I do believe that all forms of government are pernicious, it's the nature of the beast. Do I believe that chaos is the answer? no. What I believe is the answer is for the populace of a society exhibit extreme diligence in the preservation of individual liberty. That each and every law passed (and currently on the books) be evaluated as to their merit towards the common good, that the primary job of any legislative body from the village mayor to the national president be to prevent laws from being enacted that don't demonstate intrinsic values that enhance the common good over their limiting of personal freedoms. I support government regulation and enforcement of clean water laws while I abhore laws (for instance in Colorado) where it is illegal to buy or sell a boat on sundays. If my view is seen as anarchism so be it.

So, in other words, you are not actually an anarchist.

I appreciate that this runs counter to the conceits of the A2K Tumbleweed Sage, but you are clearly not an anarchist.

What you may be is a Ultra-democratic Libertarian, but that is a far cry from Saccho and Venzetti.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 12:15 pm
Re: dyslexia and anarchism
dyslexia wrote:
I do believe that all forms of government are pernicious, it's the nature of the beast. Do I believe that chaos is the answer? no. What I believe is the answer is for the populace of a society exhibit extreme diligence in the preservation of individual liberty. That each and every law passed (and currently on the books) be evaluated as to their merit towards the common good, that the primary job of any legislative body from the village mayor to the national president be to prevent laws from being enacted that don't demonstate intrinsic values that enhance the common good over their limiting of personal freedoms.
this is very sound. Achronism and dyslexia go together.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 04:45 pm
bm. It's about time Mr. Dys. started this thread. I've been waiting for it.

geeez look at me, I'm so excited I need to calm down and actually re-read it now. Razz
0 Replies

Anonymouse

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
When you murder one person, it's called murder. When the government murders thousands, it's called foreign policy.

Anarchia total!
0 Replies