50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

Lightwizard

Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:19 pm
I don't know, Jespah -- I think a condom is more comfortable. Er...mayby that isn't a patoot?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:37 pm
Questioner wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
I'm not a Muslim, I'm a Deist (<--note the misspelling).

I'm not saying that Islamic radicalism is justified in any way, what I'm saying is that Islam is not any more flawed than Christianity. Islam is about 600 years old, look at what Christians were doing at about 600 years into their existance. Their is a real cultural correlation and pattern in the development of any ideology.

Again, why isn't the Islamist faith strong enough to stand on it's own without comparisons to Christianity?

Quote:
As for Christians bombing people, I don't care. Who said that they were forgiven for their violence just because it was long ago? How many Christians have comitted acts of violence today towards homosexuals? How many Christians have had racial attacks on black people and burn crosses?

Again, why isn't the Islamist faith strong enough to stand on it's own without comparisons to Christianity?

Quote:
The point is that Radical Muslims represent Islam about as much as the KKK or Nazi's represent modern day Christians.

That is not the point at all. I'm not bringing Christians into this at all. They're equally as whacky in my opinion, but for some reason, whenever Islam has been questioned on this board it draws harsh rebukes, NOT against the person or persons that bring those questions up, but against the christian faith.

Quote:
Islam is no more violent or dangerous than any other religion.

It certainly appears to be at the moment.

Quote:
Also, please refrain from the name calling. No one here is a "whacko." If your ability to commmunicate and reason has failed to this degree, I would suggest withdrawing frmo conversation as opposed to making a fool of yourself.

Islamists are whacko's. This is not name-calling, it is efficient and accurate labeling. If it doesn't apply to you, then perhaps you could refrain from being offended?

I somehow knew you would not be able to contain your ignorance.

Islam stands on it's own all over this world. This thread is about errors in the bible. It doesn't help them to compare to themselves to Christianity or to be critical of it. But Christianity gained most it's early converts by stealing pagan holidays and traditions (Easter, Christmas etc). Again, Isalma is not doing anything that Christians haven't done before.

Islamists (or Muslims if you are educated) are not Whackos. That statement alone has completely destroyed your entire credibility. You do not know every Muslim, and I'd bet that you don't know 12 to name right now.

You fear what you don't understand. I am not a Muslim, but I take offense to such ignorace on anyone's behalf.

And the Nazi's most definately used a protestant moral platform to gain popularity in Germany. Later their platform may have changed but it deifnately started this way. Further, Most Neo-nazi's identify themselves as being Christians.
0 Replies

real life

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 12:18 am
Still waiting for the list of 50,000 errors in the Bible.

Anybody seen it?

Anyone? Laughing

Remember, these must be ERRORS, not 'things you don't like about the Bible', or 'things you think should have been written differently', or 'things that are left out that you think should be in', or 'things in the Bible that you think should be left out'.

OK, now that is clear.

Looking for ERRORS in the Bible.

Anyone seen the list of 50,000?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:13 am
How about how all the Bibles contradict each other or each of them have a different version of the "truth"?
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:24 am
Every word of the bible, the koran, the torah, is bullshit. You're all a bunch of childish halfwits, too terrified to stand on your own two feet.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:04 am
I believe that the the thread was supposed to be more FYI than a list. The original post talked about culteral errors and contrdictions. Somethimes in number others in context.

Wilso - nice sig.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:41 am
real life wrote:

Anybody seen it?

Anyone? Laughing

Remember, these must be ERRORS, not 'things you don't like about the Bible', or 'things you think should have been written differently', or 'things that are left out that you think should be in', or 'things in the Bible that you think should be left out'.

OK, now that is clear.

Please read the errors here...

50,000 Errors In the bible...

Smile Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:34 am
There are those who have 50,000 errors going on in their head, almost at all times. They would be willing to swallow the 50,000 errors in the Bible in this list (nothing new about the list, it's been around for many years).
0 Replies

dalahow2

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:45 am
errors
Lightwizard wrote:
There are those who have 50,000 errors going on in their head, almost at all times. They would be willing to swallow the 50,000 errors in the Bible in this list (nothing new about the list, it's been around for many years).

Yes I agree with you and still millions believe that the Bible is God's word..

While much Out of that 50,000 has been "RESTORED"..how much still remain with errors...5000,500,1000,3??????

1.6 billion followers still believe in the word of God.

"According to"....Where is the Bible "according to Jesus Himself"...

I Never understand the 50,000 errors... Smile Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:52 am
The Bible has been edited and re-edited with huge portions thrown out based on the judgement of even more secretaries (passed of as scholars -- well, to be fair J.R.R. Tolkien was one of those translator/editors). It's always been a work in progress.

There's nothing wrong with referencing the Bible as a moral guide but the Old Testament is full of arcane, antiquated notions about the human condition that are often inscrutable and sometimes appallingly off-target to any intelligent person.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:40 am
The discovery of a page of the gospel will be on National Geographic this week. It dispels the myth that Judas betrayed Christ:

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SPECIAL ON JUDAS LINK
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:10 pm
Re: errors
dalahow2 wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

Yes I agree with you and still millions believe that the Bible is God's word..

While much Out of that 50,000 has been "RESTORED"..how much still remain with errors...5000,500,1000,3??????

1.6 billion followers still believe in the word of God.

"According to"....Where is the Bible "according to Jesus Himself"...

I Never understand the 50,000 errors... Smile Smile

So, you believe in the word of Allah. What exactly is the difference between you and all the other fruitcakes Question
0 Replies

aperson

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 02:46 am
(Assuming God exists) It could be possible that part of the Bible is God's word, and part of it is not??? As you all (hopefully) know, there are many different books in the Bible written by a variety of people.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:23 am
dalahow2 wrote:

1. DOCTRINE?

2. REPROOF?

3. CORRECTION? or

4. INSTRUCTION INTO RIGHTEOUSNESS?

Comment:

1. DOCTRINE?

2. REPROOF?

3. CORRECTION? (which is)

4. INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS?
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:27 am
The Holy Bible is inherently (within) inerrant (without error)...

Any and all contradictions are only in our understanding of it...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 06:42 am
RexRed wrote:
The Holy Bible is inherently (within) inerrant (without error)...

Any and all contradictions are only in our understanding of it...

Question: Who said the Bible was inherently inerrant or where does it say it? Can you prove that the Bible is inherently inerrant?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:48 am
That's a tall order, Wolf -- they are bragging, so I don't believe we will see a step-by-step refudiation of the errors in the Bible, nor a shred of proof that the Bible is set down by God speaking to those wandering scribes (secretaries without dictation equipment).
0 Replies

muslim1

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:28 pm
real life wrote:

Anybody seen it?

Anyone? Laughing

OK, now that is clear.

Let's compare the following two verses of the Bible:

- "The children of Adin, four hundred fifty and four." (Ezra 2:12)
- "The children of Adin, six hundred fifty and five." (Nehemiah 7:20)

And the question is: How many were the children of Adin? 454 or 655?
0 Replies

aperson

Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:45 pm
These lines are written by two different people. Maybe one of them made a typo?
0 Replies

muslim1

Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:35 am
aperson wrote:
These lines are written by two different people. Maybe one of them made a typo?

Is there a way to know what is written in the Original Manuscript?
0 Replies