14
   

50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

 
 
xingu
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:18 am
And this is why Westerners have no respect for the Muslim religion.

http://www.worthynews.com/christian/media-bias-fans-anti-christian-sentiment-in-turkey/

http://www.worthynews.com/christian/afghanistan-man-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-give-up-christ-judge-says/
0 Replies
 
dalahow2
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:20 am
Re: Bad
dalahow2 wrote:


but did u see this ones...

hate Islam

Bad Islam

Fake Islam
0 Replies
 
chris2a
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:52 am
Dismembered, disheveled, fractured illusions of utopia. Democracy, theocracy, chaocracy. What will we do when we are forced to look at ourselves and our small, small existence? How can we cope with the naked truth? Who will save us from our overinflated self-importance?
0 Replies
 
muslim1
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 01:39 pm
real life wrote:
3) No. Any can mean any. Some ancient poisons were quick acting and deadly also.

Interesting example at www.orthodox.cn/divenbog/MAY/31-MAY.DOC

I wonder whether the result would have been the same for Hermias if the Dioxin was used as a poison...
0 Replies
 
xingu
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:55 pm
Or perhaps how much exaggeration was used to make him look like a saint.
0 Replies
 
xingu
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:59 pm
Every time you see something like this you wonder just how much more stupid the Muslim religion can get.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about71547.html
0 Replies
 
muslim1
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:21 am
xingu wrote:
Every time you see something like this you wonder just how much more stupid the Muslim religion can get.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about71547.html

Off-Topic.


I have a question regarding the topic of the thread: "50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is the Bible God's Word?":

Let's compare the following two verses (in KJV):
- "And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen". (I Kings 4:26)
and
- "And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem". (2 Chronicles 9:25)

Did Prophet Solomon (Peace be upon him) have forty thousand or four thousand stalls?
xingu
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:07 am
Quote:
Did Prophet Solomon (Peace be upon him) have forty thousand or four thousand stalls?


I wouldn't know. I don't put any more faith in the Bible than I do the Koran. The God in the Bible is the same as the one in the Koran. After all that's where Muhammad got his God from, the Jews and the Christians. Their God and religion was around long before Muhammad was.

Earlier one of your cohorts submitted a site that told of 50,000 French accepting Islam. How many of them were killed or had a death sentence passed on them for leaving Christianity and accepting the Muslim religion?

How many Muslims in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia would be killed if they left the Muslim religion and converted to Christianity?
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:09 am
muslim1 wrote:
...

Did Prophet Solomon (Peace be upon him) have forty thousand or four thousand stalls?


Sounds like a dictation error. Four and forty can be confused for each other, particularly if the speaker tends to smoosh words together (I'm in voice recognition, we work with these kinds of errors all the time).
0 Replies
 
mehdi
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:17 am
in the name of allah

hello guys, well this is my first post on A2K and i wanted to give some ideas on this subject referring to my modest knowledge.

first :

xingu wrote:
You boys had better learn you religions faults before you cast any stones.


oh you know xingu i really agree that everyone has to know very well his religion because it's a question of heaven or hell forever and it's a question of the thing that you have been created for.
So the only one who can tell you what have you been created for is your creator, and that's why he sent messengers from humains with miracles to prove that this is from god.

so referring to this i would tell to my friends from other faiths :
1 - do you really know your religion
2 - what are the proofs that prove that your religion is from god
3 - are you following your religion because it fits you and your terms or because it's the truth and it's based on god's terms
4 - are you ready to do the necessary to search the truth

i let these questions for everyone who reads this thread and i don't expect answers because everyone has to find the answers himself and for his own good.

for more answers about Rebuttals and false charges against islam , check this out :
islamtomorrow
answering christianity

and i pray allah to guide everyone to his right path, god willing
0 Replies
 
xingu
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:58 pm
Quote:
So the only one who can tell you what have you been created for is your creator, and that's why he sent messengers from humains with miracles to prove that this is from god.


Your making an unproven assumption that God sends messengers to us to tell us what the rules are.

For me there is one rule, the Golden Rule, a rule that is found in most all religions. Beyond that all religions are man made. Your religion, the Christian religion or any religion are not God's religions. They are systems of faith created by humans to try to understand what is incomprehensible to them.

Once the faith is established it is used as a tool to control and dictate to their followers. It is used to gain power, to kill, conquer and grow. This is true of the Muslim and Christian religions.

Since the day Muhammad died the Muslim religion went on a binge of conquest and killing. It's a false religion, as is any religion, that uses God as an reason to kill, conquer and steal.
0 Replies
 
muslim1
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 01:38 pm
mehdi wrote:
in the name of allah

hello guys, well this is my first post on A2K and i wanted to give some ideas on this subject referring to my modest knowledge.

first :

xingu wrote:
You boys had better learn you religions faults before you cast any stones.


oh you know xingu i really agree that everyone has to know very well his religion because it's a question of heaven or hell forever and it's a question of the thing that you have been created for.
So the only one who can tell you what have you been created for is your creator, and that's why he sent messengers from humains with miracles to prove that this is from god.

so referring to this i would tell to my friends from other faiths :
1 - do you really know your religion
2 - what are the proofs that prove that your religion is from god
3 - are you following your religion because it fits you and your terms or because it's the truth and it's based on god's terms
4 - are you ready to do the necessary to search the truth

i let these questions for everyone who reads this thread and i don't expect answers because everyone has to find the answers himself and for his own good.

for more answers about Rebuttals and false charges against islam , check this out :
islamtomorrow
answering christianity

and i pray allah to guide everyone to his right path, god willing

Welcome to the forum brother mehdi and may Allah reward you Jannah for your important post.
0 Replies
 
muslim1
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 02:04 pm
jespah wrote:
muslim1 wrote:
...

Did Prophet Solomon (Peace be upon him) have forty thousand or four thousand stalls?


Sounds like a dictation error. Four and forty can be confused for each other, particularly if the speaker tends to smoosh words together (I'm in voice recognition, we work with these kinds of errors all the time).

Is there a mean to know what is written in the original Bible (as revealed by Almighty God), four or forty?

Note that the Bible is a Book on which a major religion is based. The slightest error on such important Scriptures is unacceptable.
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
As revealed and then written down by imperfect mortals. Funny how we mortals get things wrong, isn't it? Smile
0 Replies
 
mehdi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:10 am
in the name of allah

muslim1 wrote:
Welcome to the forum brother mehdi and may Allah reward you Jannah for your important post.


thank you brother muslim1, it's a pleasure to meet brothers in islam and friends from other religions so that we can expose the truth to everyone by discussing such things.

ok friend xingu, thanks for exposing this idea here, i'll reply soon, god willing.
0 Replies
 
squinney
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:01 am
And, if you don't respond soon, was God not willing to let you? Or, did you just get busy with life and forget?

Both religions (and all religions) have their faults.

Rather than trying to convert each other or die trying, how 'bout we try just getting along?
0 Replies
 
Raul-7
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:09 pm
squinney wrote:
And, if you don't respond soon, was God not willing to let you? Or, did you just get busy with life and forget?

Both religions (and all religions) have their faults.

Rather than trying to convert each other or die trying, how 'bout we try just getting along?


Of course, we'll all just believe in ONE God and associate no partners with him. Then we should all get along fine.

Say: "People of the Book! Come to a proposition which is the same for us and you - that we should worship none but God and not associate any partners with Him and not take one another as lords besides God." (Qur'an, 3:64)
0 Replies
 
yitwail
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:36 pm
Re: 50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??
dalahow2 wrote:

Please see the 50,000 Errors that is in the Bible,

http://www.jamaat.net/bible/AwakeArticle(1957).html


maybe you should read about the 50,000 Errors that *were*, not *is*, in 400 year old *translations* of the Bible. the article states that they were minor, and have been corrected, concluding, "The Bible is reliable and beyond all doubt is God's Word." ironically, i'm agnostic and don't agree with that, but when you reference an article, even using it as the title for a thread, when the article states the exact opposite of what you're trying to demonstrate, that is so intellectually dishonest that nothing you write should ever be taken seriously by anyone who comes across it.
0 Replies
 
dalahow2
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:50 pm
Re: Where is the gospel according To jesus Himself....??????
yitwail wrote:
dalahow2 wrote:

Please see the 50,000 Errors that is in the Bible,


maybe you should read about that 50,000 Errors that *were*, not *is*, in 400 year old *translations* of the Bible. the article states that they were minor, and have been corrected, concluding, "The Bible is reliable and beyond all doubt is God's Word." ironically, i'm agnostic and don't agree with that, but when you reference an article, even using it as the title for a thread, when the article states the exact opposite of what you're trying to demonstrate, that is so intellectually dishonest that nothing you write should ever be taken seriously by anyone who comes across it.


The Gospels were corrected by added according to....Meaning Nobody is sure.....It "was just according to"...a whole 1.4 Billion Christians gathering relies on to

Code:"According to....

Mathew, John

Luke(Did u see first verse...he talks like a historian)

Mark...But Where is the Bible according To JESUS HIMSELF....


I thought this is the one....


Bible acording to Jesus Himself

Quote:
When the angel said: Mary, god gives you a good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is messiah, Jesus, son of Mary - high honored shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to God. He shall speak to men in the cradle, and of age, and righteous he shall be, lord, said Mary: How shall I have a son, seeing no mortal has touched me? Even so, he said: God creates what He will. When he decrees a thing He but say to it, Be, and it is" (Al-Imran 3:45-47).


Maybe this one will do...No wonder many have realized...Is that why Islam is spreading like Bush Fire... Smile Smile
0 Replies
 
mehdi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:53 pm
in the name of allah

ok so i think it's the occasion to respond now to both friends squinney and xingu.

squinney wrote:
And, if you don't respond soon, was god not willing to let you? or, did you just get busy with life and forget


i said "god willing" because in islam, allah tells us to say "incha'allah" in arabic wich means "god willing" if we say something like "i will do this", that's all, not because if i don't say it it will not happen. So if you think this is a trap or i don't have the answer or something else, you're wrong friend :wink:. Otherwise if this is not your thoughts than you for joining us and trying to search the truth.

squinney wrote:
Both religions (and all religions) have their faults


Well if you read my first message, you will find some basic answers or questions to answer for this, but anyway, it's the opportunity to answer friend xingu, god willing :wink: :

xingu wrote:
Your making an unproven assumption that god sent messenger to us to tell us what the rules are


but before i begin, i have to tell you friends that i'm not here to turn around and try to convince people for my own pleasure or to talk for just talking. No, if you guys are searching an answer and if you find it in islam, will you embrace islam :wink: ? are you're just turning around ? well i hope not, so if something basic has been answered here or anywhere else, thanks for not repeating the same question again or in a different form since you're searching for anwers :wink:.

Now i want to tell you friends that in islam, one of the biggest sins is to lie on the religion of god or tell something that i don't know, so starting from this basic, if i don't find an answer to one of your questions, i will ask a scholar or search some link where i can find the answer, god willing :wink.

Let's begin :

actually there are 2 kind of religions : man made religions and what we call god religions.
the man made religions are unaccepted from the begin because they are man made and the man cannot talk about god without having a proof, at least they do some tricks that lot of people can do to make people believe in them.
almost all the people in the earth believe that god religions are 3 for a lot of reasons :
- these religions came from god because the people who were sent by god , they came with miracles that no one can do the same.
For example moses (peace be upon him) spared the sea in 2 parts and people walked between the 2 parts.
Jesus (Peace be upon him) was born without man and he was bringing people form death to life.
Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with the quran, the word of god wich is the biggest and the neverending miracle, regardless of the miracles in his life like sparing the moon in to parts and a lot that i can post later in this forum, god willing :wink:.

now the question that anybody can ask is : WE DON'T SEE THOSE MIRACLES.
well exept the quran that i will talk abou later god willing :wink:, the pas miracles, even if you cannot see it, than the people that were living in its time and saw these miracles cannot lie and say HEY I SAW NOTHING, and even if someone said that and was true, than at least there will be lot people now that are their followers and that claim that there was no such miracles :wink:, and even if there was, they have to prove it.
now millions of people teach to millions of people from millions of people that there was miracles and that this or that happened and these 3 religions say the same thing and that's one proof that it was from the one and only god.

the difference betwwen these 3 religions from the point of view of their miracles is that judasm and cristianity didn't preserved those miracles until now, the only thing they is the testaments that also have not been preserved correctly AND THAT'S WHAT EVEN THEIR SCHOLARS SAY.
now if we turn to islam, we see that the testament wich is the final testament AND the miracle are both in the quran and preserved in the letter and in the original language.

My friends will ask a question : HOW A BOOK CAN BE A MIRACLE.
i will say first that's why the biggest athiests scientists in the world are still embracing islam :wink:.
Second i will say that one of the biggest things that makes it a miracle is that no one can do such !!!! OOOOOOOH YES and this challenge was made from the beginning until now and will stay forever and NO ONE CAN DO SUCH even not the people that had the biggest chance to do such because of their language skills.
another miraculous thing is that quran is composed by words, the thing that anybody can do in their eyes, but that no one can do in reality.

For a closer look thanks to visit this : http://www.islamtomorrow.com/quran/ and thanks for not asking questions wich the answers are in :wink:

Now if some people say OH WELL I DON'T TRUST THESE THINGS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ARABIC, i will tell them : YOU GUYS HAVE TO KNOW ARABIC BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.
And we muslims we learn english to read english texts and to understand english so thanks for taking some time to learn arabic, well if you are searching the truth of course :wink:.

And for this :

xingu wrote:
It's a false religion, as is any religion, that uses God as an reason to kill, conquer and steal.


Do you have a proof ?

The history shows that the muslims are the kindest and the most merciful people in everything even in war, and if there are some people that do bad things in the name of islam, than it's their fault, not islam's fault.

For a closer look thanks to visit this : http://www.islamtomorrow.com/muhammad/ and thanks for not asking questions wich the answers are in :wink:

your questions are welcome friends, if you're searching the truth :wink:

and i ask allah to guide everyone, amin.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/17/2021 at 07:07:25