50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

xingu

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:28 am
Of course there are no contradictions in the Koran.

Did Noah lose a son in the flood?

YES
And it moved on with them amid waves like mountains; and Nuh called out to his son, and he was aloof: O my son! embark with us and be not with the unbelievers.

He said: I will betake myself for refuge to a mountain that shall protect me from the water. Nuh said: There is no protector today from Allah's punishment but He Who has mercy; and a wave intervened between them, so he was of the drowned. (11:42-43)

NO
And Nuh, when he cried aforetime, so We answered him, and delivered him and his followers from the great calamity. (21:76)

And Nuh did certainly call upon Us, and most excellent answerer of prayer are We.
And We delivered him and his followers from the mighty distress.
And We made his offspring the survivors. (37:75-77)

To see more of Koranic contradictions visit here.
0 Replies

chr42690

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:17 pm
The Bible is a holy book. Therefore it has no errors. I have still not seen any examples of the errors. Give me at least one!
0 Replies

Montana

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:23 pm
I don't believe in the bible.

Although, I do believe in a higher power.
0 Replies

xingu

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 08:51 pm
Contradictions in the Bible.

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/contradictions.htm

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

Two big errors stand out in the Bible; creationism and the flood. Both are myths.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
50,000 errors in the bible - and the biggest mistake has had so
many ramifications Sad

It should have read: CELEBRATE instead of CELIBATE
0 Replies

talk72000

Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:30 pm
Holy is another word for 'don't look at the errors'.
0 Replies

mehdi

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:55 am
Montana wrote:

welcome to this topic miss, at last a honest and respectful person who is trying to search the truth, would you like to debate the subject of who created us and why he created in a special topic you and me, just let me know if you're interested on this, my pleasure.

when i joined this forum the first time i thought there will be some people who debate respectfully but sadly those people are a minority and i think and hope you are one of this minority, that's why i would like to talk with you.
0 Replies

mehdi

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:58 am
in the name of allah

xingu wrote:
To see more of Koranic contradictions visit here.

and to see the answers to these rebuttals and false charges, visit : http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac8.htm#links
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:06 am
mehdi wrote:
Montana wrote:

welcome to this topic miss, at last a honest and respectful person who is trying to search the truth, would you like to debate the subject of who created us and why he created in a special topic you and me, just let me know if you're interested on this, my pleasure.

when i joined this forum the first time i thought there will be some people who debate respectfully but sadly those people are a minority and i think and hope you are one of this minority, that's why i would like to talk with you.

Thank you very much for your kind words and thoughtful invitation, but I'm usualy not comfortable debating about religion because every one has their beliefs and I respect that.
I don't know what is or isn't, I just know how I feel.

I'm not religious at all, but I do like to think of myself as somewhat spiritual, so I'm not much of a talker when it comes to religion. I'm truly not looking for the truth as I figure I'll find out when everyone else does and that will have to wait until my time comes.

Thanks again :-)
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:16 am
mehdi wrote:
Montana wrote:

Though not meant as a personal attack and merely an observation, I think this funny. If someone states, there might be a God, you think this person is trying to search for the truth.

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into this.
0 Replies

xingu

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:20 am
Mehdi

All one has to do is look at the behavior of the Muslims today and that alone tells us of the hate and intolerance found in the Koran.

The behavior of the Muslims in reaction to some cartoons making fun of Muhammad.

The reaction of Muslims in Afghanistan when one of their own converted to Christianity.

Their persecution and killing of Christians that try to convert Muslims.

The bloody civil war in Algeria in which religious conservatives slaughtered innocent women and children, fellow Muslims, all in the name of Allah.

The way the Muslims treat their women in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and other conservative regions of the Muslim world.

Their intolerance to freedom of expression and lifestyles.

Their barbaric punishments for crimes, such stoning to death, cutting off hands and decapitation.

I don't need to read the Koran. I don't need cheap talk about how wonderful the Muslim religion is. All I have to do is look at its followers.

Algeria bans promoting Christianity.

More Afghanistan Christians Face Execution, Rights Group Warns

Teacher Accused of Blasphemy in Nigeria Disappears

Saudi Hate Literature distributed in American Mosques.

The bottom line is your religion is a failure. It preaches hate and intolerance. It cannot live in a free world. It cannot live peacefully with other religions and lifestyles. The reason is the Koran. The Koran is full of hate and intolerance for all that is not Muslim. The Muslim religion will be the source of war and death in the future because it can't tolerate anything non-Muslim.

Just remember, when you look out in the world today and you see Muslims killing fellow Muslims or non-Muslims, it's almost always in the name of Allah.
0 Replies

muslim1

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:26 am
chr42690,

chr42690 wrote:
The Bible is a holy book. Therefore it has no errors.

I understand that from a Christian viewpoint, you consider the Bible as being a holy book, I truly respect that. However, can you prove to a non-Christian person that the Bible (today's Bible) is a holy book?

For any book to claim that it is a revelation from God Almighty - for any book to claim it is a word of God, it should stand the test of time. It should prove itself to be the word of God in all the ages. And above all, this book should be coherent and consistent with itself, it should not contain verses that conflict or contradict with each other, because God Almighty does not make mistakes.

chr42690 wrote:
I have still not seen any examples of the errors. Give me at least one!

Would you mind explaining why the following two verses are different:

muslim1 wrote:
Question on the topic:

Let's compare the following two verses from the Bible (KJV):

- "The children of Zattu, nine hundred forty and five." [Ezra 2:8]

- "The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty and five." [Nehemiah 7:13]

So, how many were the children of Zattu? 945 or 845?

Note that:
1) 945 does not equal 845.
2) God almighty does not make mistakes.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:03 am
muslim1 wrote:

For any book to claim that it is a revelation from God Almighty - for any book to claim it is a word of God, it should stand the test of time. It should prove itself to be the word of God in all the ages. And above all, this book should be coherent and consistent with itself, it should not contain verses that conflict or contradict with each other, because God Almighty does not make mistakes.

Quote:
Numerical Contradictions: There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. God cannot make an error in doing simple calculations.

How many days did it take to create the Heavens and the Earth?

Quran-7:54: Your guardian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-10:3: Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran- 11:7: He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that Allah ( God) created the heavens and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below state

Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran-41:12: So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Now do the math: 2 (for earth) + 4 (for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days.

Its an easy game to play Muslim1. Do you want some more errors in the koran?
0 Replies

mehdi

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:55 am
in the name of allah

Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Though not meant as a personal attack and merely an observation, I think this funny. If someone states, there might be a God, you think this person is trying to search for the truth.

Perhaps, I'm reading too much into this.

since a person believes in god and do'nt have a religion, of course he is searching for the truth.
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:38 am
mehdi wrote:

since a person believes in god and do'nt have a religion, of course he is searching for the truth.

I have to disagree with this. I may believe in god, but not the same god that all the religions believe in, and I don't feel the need to search for anything.

I don't believe in the bible, church or any form of organized religion.

What I feel I feel in my heart and it's as simple as that :-)
0 Replies

Doktor S

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:44 am
If you feel things in your heart besides a regular heartbeat, I recommend a trip to the cardiologist.
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:49 am
You're a sarcastic one, aren't you Dok?
0 Replies

jespah

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
Y'know, maybe it doesn't matter how many camels Solomon had, or how many days it says in the Koran that the earth was created and all of the other contradictory minutiae that are in these books and pretty much all other religious books.

Maybe it matters how people feel.
Maybe it matters how people treat one another.
Maybe it matters how people work for justice and truth and mercy and kindness.
Maybe charity matters.
Maybe tolerance matters.
Maybe respect matters.

And who the hell cares about the number of freakin' camels, anyway?
0 Replies

muslim1

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:07 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
muslim1 wrote:

Quote:
Numerical Contradictions: There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. God cannot make an error in doing simple calculations.

How many days did it take to create the Heavens and the Earth?

Quran-7:54: Your guardian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-10:3: Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran- 11:7: He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that Allah ( God) created the heavens and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below state

Quran-41:9 : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran- 41:10: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran-41:12: So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Now do the math: 2 (for earth) + 4 (for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days.

Its an easy game to play Muslim1. Do you want some more errors in the koran?

Thank you Steve for your reply,

1) What you wrote is off-topic. The present thread is about the Bible.

2) Note that you already started a whole thread on the question of how many days did it take to create the Heavens and the Earth in the Holy Qur'an. You entitled it: "Could Mohammed add up?".
Here is a link for that thread: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47249
And the answer can be found on page 3 of it.
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:08 am
jespah wrote:
Y'know, maybe it doesn't matter how many camels Solomon had, or how many days it says in the Koran that the earth was created and all of the other contradictory minutiae that are in these books and pretty much all other religious books.

Maybe it matters how people feel.
Maybe it matters how people treat one another.
Maybe it matters how people work for justice and truth and mercy and kindness.
Maybe charity matters.
Maybe tolerance matters.
Maybe respect matters.

And who the hell cares about the number of freakin' camels, anyway?

You go girl! Now that's what I'm talkin about Cool
0 Replies