Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:24 am
Even Texas has its share of retards.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:29 am
Abid wrote:

The sooner you accept that Islam is here to stay the better
Very Happy

That will never happen. The sooner this monstrous idealogy is wiped from the face of the earth the better of everyone will be.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:30 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
Desperate??

Im not the one 'Desperate' to disprove the faith of Islam

Im not trying my utmost to stem the flow of reverts who embrace Islam every single day....

Your futile attempts to slander Islam do you no benifit. Islam is the fastest growing religion as stated earlier. People from all backgraounds and ethnicities can be found coming back to their Lord all the time.

Very Happy
I have not slandered Islam. I have merely pointed out some truths which you reject because your mind is befuddled with religious nonsense. Its not for me to disprove anything. Its for you to offer evidence to back up your assertions. You have produced none. All we ever hear is the circular and spurious argument that God dictated the Koran therefore the Koran is God's word. For too long rationalists (being on the whole thoroughly nice people) have refrained from criticising religion out of an excessive deference to religious sensibilities. But events in recent years have opened people's eyes to the existential harm religion can do. Therefore its time to challenge belief with reason. Its time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation.

OK How does your rationale explain why there are so few atheists in the world, and that so many people embrace religion all the time?

Explain with rationality THIS

WERE YOU CREATED FORM NOTHING?

DID YOU CREATE YOURSELF?

OR WERE YOU CREATED?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:02 am
More of that same circular bullsh!t. If only you lunatics got as tired as listening to yourselves as us rational people do.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:10 am
Abid,

The predominant reason for Muslim migration is economic gain, not escape from persecution. On arrival in host countries they tend to remain separatist, fling the advice "when in Rome...etc" in the faces of their hosts,
statistically fail to learn the host language with any competence, and presume to preach "a better life" by a reversion to medieval prescriptive chauvinism. Let them put their own houses in order in the economic and political backwaters they still refer to as "home" before presuming to give advice to their remarkably tolerant hosts.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:24 am
Steve 41oo wrote:

No slander heh?

I detect a hint of anger and frustration in your words
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:32 am
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Very Happy

That will never happen. The sooner this monstrous idealogy is wiped from the face of the earth the better of everyone will be.

Like it or not its happening

Very Happy
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:52 am
Wilso wrote:
More of that same circular bullsh!t. If only you lunatics got as tired as listening to yourselves as us rational people do.

No answer as ussual from you atheist losers.

I will never tire from relaying the word of Gog an hopefully save as many people from damnation as possible.

But of course, there are those that will attempt to use materialistic philosophy and apply it to everything in existence even though all the evidence to the contary suggest otherwise.

Hitler was an avid fan of Darwinism im sure you know.
Survival of the fittest and all that.
Breeding ground for racists and bigots like yourself
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:56 am
fresco wrote:
Abid,

The predominant reason for Muslim migration is economic gain, not escape from persecution. On arrival in host countries they tend to remain separatist, fling the advice "when in Rome...etc" in the faces of their hosts,
statistically fail to learn the host language with any competence, and presume to preach "a better life" by a reversion to medieval prescriptive chauvinism. Let them put their own houses in order in the economic and political backwaters they still refer to as "home" before presuming to give advice to their remarkably tolerant hosts.

I never said that this was the ONLY reason people migrate. I also stated that people move for quality of life. For examplm, many british people i know have moved to Portugal to live out thier lives in the sun as they believe quatlity of life is better.

I said i agreed that people cant complain, but they can try and make a difference.

I dont agree that people should integrate to a level that supports dong obscene acts such as binge drinkin (or any drinkning for that matter) or clubbing, strippers etc, etc.
But hey thats my personal opinion.

I love London and have lived here all my life

Very Happy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:02 am
Abid wrote:

OK How does your rationale explain why there are so few atheists in the world, and that so many people embrace religion all the time?

First we have to define atheist. I understand it to mean without the necessity to believe in a god, like a-political or asymmetric means without political afilliation or without symmetry. But if a theist is someone who believes in god, then we need a definition of god, and it seems there are as many definitions of that small word as there are minds on planet earth thinking about it. I've never actually described myself as an atheist, but I have great difficulty describing what the word God means. The nearest I can get is approaching that sense of awe and wonder when I contemplate the beauty of nature and the magisty of the cosmos, to realise that we are literally part of the universe, the atoms that make up our bodies are stardust and will ultimately return to the stars.

So to answer your questions

I think religious belief developed as early man developed. As he moved from hunter-gatherer to primitive farmer two things happened. First he had a bit more time to sit around and think. Second he became more aware of just how vulnerable he was to natural forces over which he had absolutely no control. Crops need water. No rain = starvation. Therefore as something must cause the rain, he defined a rain god who made it rain on the fields at the right time. Clearly if it didnt, the rain god is upset about something. So having a rain god is quite useful. Not only does it explain why it rains, but it presents an opportunity, by keeping Her happy and of warding off drought and starvation. Just how to keep Her happy is the religious ritual. There are thousands of rain gods around the world. And hundreds of Gods and goddesses responsible for just about every feature of life. They were invented by early man as the only way he could of explaining the inexplicable. Parents explain to children, and children, because they MUST to survive, believe. So it goes on. Religious belief becomes a self propagating cultural meme with a character and life of its own. "Give me a child until he is seven years old, and I will give you the man". Very few people manage to escape from the religious indoctrination they received as a child. And those few that did, who stood up for their right to think freely often found life could be both uncomfortable, and brief.

It was only with the Renaissance and the development of early scientific instruments and scientific thought that the religious mind set was seriously challenged. Even so there was great danger in speaking out too openly. The battle goes on. Think how Galileo was persecuted. Think how Darwin hesitated for years before publishing his great discovery.

Bertrand Russell wrote:
The immense majority of intellectually eminent men disbelieve in Christian religion, but they conceal the fact in public, because they are afraid of losing their incomes
. Russell of course was speaking in a specifically Christian context, however I believe the same quiet scepticism exists within Islam...where in fact it has to be extremely quiet, think of Salman Rushdie.

So I have spent far too long answering why there are so few "atheists". I'll answer your other questions later.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:28 am
Abid wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

No slander heh?

"Retards" isnt that what you call them, those that join Islam? Oh no, that's reverts...well perhaps you missed the humour.

But if you got the anger I'll tell you why. NO-ONE is born Muslim, Christian or any other ism or -ian. A child is a child, a blank sheet on which to imprint ideas. There are NO muslim children, only children of Muslim parents. Have you ever heard of a marxist child? Or a moonie child?

My argument here is with religious branding of CHILDREN, however Muslims seem to take it one stage further. You dare to say that ALL children, me you Adolf Hitler, Karl Marx...everyone is born Muslim. Thus when some leaves Buddhism or Christianity to adopt Islam you use the word 'revert' instead of convert. Such hubris deserves its nemesis.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:05 pm
Abid,

Most British people outside of a narrow age group are also disgusted by binge drinking and find the "in your face" sexuality of some of the media a retrograde trend. However they are even more worried by the non-integrationist stance of the Asian community at large.

As a former teacher I can tell you that many British born Asian kids, especially boys cannot speak English properly and have an abysmal general knowledge of the country they live in. Because of the male chauvinistic thing, many pay little attention to their mothers who usually shoulder the responsibility of Parent's meetings at the school since "Dad's working" meaning he can't be bothered to come and speak English to women teachers. This sort of attitude is unheard of amongst most other migrants.

These are some of the de facto common experiences which detract from any claim to "the moral highground" preached by Islam irrespective of the intellectual claptrap talked by apologists about the equality of women.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:34 pm
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Very Happy

Don't worry, that will never happen.

They desire to extinguish God's Light with their mouths. But God refuses to do other than perfect His Light, even though the unbelievers detest it. (Qur'an, 9:32)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:51 pm
You lot are PITIFUL. Pathetic small minded puppets, so afraid of the accident of your birth that you need the crutch of a ridiculous superstition. I wouldn't mind so much if you stayed in the putrid third world sh!tholes that spew you out like the infestation of locusts that you are. Nothing good has ever come from that religion. It taints everything it touches with its disgusting stench.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:13 pm
Abid wrote:
I will never tire from relaying the word of Gog an hopefully save as many people from damnation as possible.

Abid, Why do you suppose Gog would possibly care which foot one of us lowly humans uses to enter and leave the toilet with? #79

Does Gog really care how many times you pull it, and if so what is the significance of the number three? #73.

I gotta tell ya Abid, stones and clods sound like very unsuitable materials for cleaning your butt, and cloth seems just downright wasteful and might even cause plumbing problems. Do you think that if Muhammad had known about toilet tissue he might have approved it's use? Hmm, there's that three again. #68 & #69
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:45 pm
Mesquite,

Who are you to question the wisdom of Gog ?

You'll have to be stoned to death for your arrogance.

(Hopefully, we can find some clean stones around here somewhere......)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 11:58 pm
Eorl, Have you seen the movie "As Good as it Gets"? In it Jack Nicholson plays a character afflicted with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). When I look at this set of rules[/u] patterned from observing the life of Muhammad I see signs of OCD throughout.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:52 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

No slander heh?

"Retards" isnt that what you call them, those that join Islam? Oh no, that's reverts...well perhaps you missed the humour.

But if you got the anger I'll tell you why. NO-ONE is born Muslim, Christian or any other ism or -ian. A child is a child, a blank sheet on which to imprint ideas. There are NO muslim children, only children of Muslim parents. Have you ever heard of a marxist child? Or a moonie child?

My argument here is with religious branding of CHILDREN, however Muslims seem to take it one stage further. You dare to say that ALL children, me you Adolf Hitler, Karl Marx...everyone is born Muslim. Thus when some leaves Buddhism or Christianity to adopt Islam you use the word 'revert' instead of convert. Such hubris deserves its nemesis.

LOL you've got no argument other then this?

Why do you deny the existence of God when even scientists today are proclaiming nothing could have possibly come around by chance such as the universe, Lefe and all else

About Stephen Hawking and God
http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9404/bigbang.html

Proffessor Keith Moore
http://www.islamicmedicine.org/nonmuslim.htm
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:55 am
fresco wrote:
Abid,

Most British people outside of a narrow age group are also disgusted by binge drinking and find the "in your face" sexuality of some of the media a retrograde trend. However they are even more worried by the non-integrationist stance of the Asian community at large.

As a former teacher I can tell you that many British born Asian kids, especially boys cannot speak English properly and have an abysmal general knowledge of the country they live in. Because of the male chauvinistic thing, many pay little attention to their mothers who usually shoulder the responsibility of Parent's meetings at the school since "Dad's working" meaning he can't be bothered to come and speak English to women teachers. This sort of attitude is unheard of amongst most other migrants.

These are some of the de facto common experiences which detract from any claim to "the moral highground" preached by Islam irrespective of the intellectual claptrap talked by apologists about the equality of women.

Well in Islam, Men and Women arent allowed, to free mix, so obviosly they cannot talk to the opposite sex. It has nothing to do with them being unequal or anything like that it is simply forbidden to prevent lust, attraction etc.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 02:59 am
Wilso wrote:
You lot are PITIFUL. Pathetic small minded puppets, so afraid of the accident of your birth that you need the crutch of a ridiculous superstition. I wouldn't mind so much if you stayed in the putrid third world sh!tholes that spew you out like the infestation of locusts that you are. Nothing good has ever come from that religion. It taints everything it touches with its disgusting stench.

All the above reciprocated to yourself personally.

A few good things to come from Islam, iggnor-anus

When western historians began researching the Crusades fom a Muslim perspective, language was a barrier and important documents are still being translated from Arabic to English, such as the publication five years
ago of the diary of Saladin's secretary. However, as soon as records of the Muslim perspective began to emerge, they cast light on stereotypes and historical inaccuracies.

"On the level of culture and social custom, it's quite clear that the Muslims were superior," says Hillenbrand. "We have these incredibly well-known
stories from the Muslim side by the great writer of memoirs of the time who has the unfortunate name, nowadays, of Osama. He describes how 'uncivilised' the Crusader knightly class were and how they learned
about civilised behaviour from the Muslims.

"They learned about using soap, all kinds of ways of living, they adopted Muslim food, clothing. If one looks at the evidence of the time, one realises there was a great deal of acculturation going on, of
Crusaders adapting to the Muslim way of life and quite a lot of friendly interchange between Muslims and Crusaders on the personal level."

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IslamicNewsUpdates/message/5253
0 Replies