WHY ISLAM IS BECOMING THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION..Serious

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:10 pm
Grandmaster wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
Grandmaster wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

you are not an extablished historian, sound like another internet conspiracy buff.

:wink: :wink:
Its you who are engaging in the delusional conspiracy that some camel trader from the middle east received messages from God.

well, your anti-Mohammed stance is quite apparent. But deep down, even you admire him....
into mind-reading now are we?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:25 pm
Going back to Mohammed's burial site at Medina, has anyone considered excavating it and doing some tests on his remains? The DNA results when compared to modern day Arabs would be fascinating. What sort of a funeral service took place? It must have been huge surely?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 02:37 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Going back to Mohammed's burial site at Medina, has anyone considered excavating it and doing some tests on his remains? The DNA results when compared to modern day Arabs would be fascinating. What sort of a funeral service took place? It must have been huge surely?

No, we do not disrespect the dead by exuming them; especially the Prophet of Allah.

The area of the Mosque he is now burried in was originally a room in Aisha's (PBUH) house, but one of the Caliphates decided to incorporate into the Mosque much later. Although the Prophet warned beforehand to never take his grave as place of worship; thus it was wrong to do so in the first place. However, when people come to his grave there are only supposed to give greetings, pray for his sake and that he may intercede for us on the Day of Judgement.

As for the funeral, it was not a festivity. They simply went to mourn at his body before he was burried in Aisha's room.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 02:56 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

No, we do not disrespect the dead by exuming them; especially the Prophet of Allah.

The area of the Mosque he is now burried in was originally a room in Aisha's (PBUH) house, but one of the Caliphates decided to incorporate into the Mosque much later. Although the Prophet warned beforehand to never take his grave as place of worship; thus it was wrong to do so in the first place. However, when people come to his grave there are only supposed to give greetings, pray for his sake and that he may intercede for us on the Day of Judgement.

As for the funeral, it was not a festivity. They simply went to mourn at his body before he was burried in Aisha's room.
well i thoroughly approve of this. But couldnt you take a tiny sample, with the greatest respect? Or just use ground penetrating radar to survey the grave?
0 Replies

Grandmaster

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:48 am
William Montgomery Watt, a modern historian, argues that Muhammad really was inspired by God, and did not abuse his prophethood for personal gain:

Only a profound belief in himself and his mission explains Muhammad's readiness to endure hardship and persecution during the Meccan period when from a secular point of view there was no prospect of success. Without sincerity how could he have won the allegiance and even devotion of men of strong and upright character like Abu-Bakr and 'Umar ? ... There is thus a strong case for holding that Muhammad was sincere. If in some respects he was mistaken, his mistakes were not due to deliberate Iying or imposture.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 02:14 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
The Holy Prophet Mohammed (SAW) was born in Makkah (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) in 570 A.D. He died at the age of 63 in 11 A.H. and was buried in his apartment adjoining the Mosque in Madina (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
OK thanks this is the sort of information I'm looking for. Can you visit his tomb? And what is the story of him ascending to Heaven on a white charger (horse) at Jerusalem?

Yes you can visit his grave. You are not allowed to touch it though.

As far as the white charger I think you are confusing it with the story of Elijah (as) from the Old testement.

Mohammed did ascend to heaven known as the 'night journey' which is one of the miricles of the prophet
www.karimia.fortnet.co.uk/mihraj.pdf
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 02:28 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 02:30 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

well i thoroughly approve of this. But couldnt you take a tiny sample, with the greatest respect? Or just use ground penetrating radar to survey the grave?

Why is this required?
Only a small minority of people think as you do.
Many of them believe and many of them are becoming Muslim!!
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 02:30 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Why is this required?
Only a small minority of people think as you do.
Many of them believe and many of them are becoming Muslim!!
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 02:33 am
mesquite wrote:

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 21, Number 245:
Narrated 'Abdullah :
A person was mentioned before the Prophet (p.b.u.h) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in is ears."

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 492:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
It was mentioned before the Prophet that there was a man who slept the night till morning (after sunrise). The Prophet said, "He is a man in whose ears (or ear) Satan had urinated."

Perhaps that does not sound strange to one who also believes that satan spends the night in your nose. After all he is close by and what do we all do first thing upon waking in the morning?

Your pathetic.
Just because you dont understand something dont slander it.
You might just find yourself encoring the wrath of Allah and some clamity may befall you inshAllah!
Everyone has a devil with them who whispers evil thoughts to them, telling them to do wrong.
Dont mock what you dont know may be true
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:15 am
Abid wrote:
Everyone has a devil with them who whispers evil thoughts to them, telling them to do wrong.
Is that what you think Abid? that people who criticise or laugh at Islamic practices are motivated by evil spirits?

All I want to do is open your eyes to some of the absurdities, illogicalities and plain old factual errors which have been cobbled together over the centuries and sold to vulnerable children in the name of religion. I'm not saying you must leave it all behind now you are an adult, but I am saying that excessive faith (in things which are plainly absurd) is dangerous as it suspends rational thought. Lighten up a bit, it doesnt make you a bad person or a bad Muslim if you suggested Mohammed was joking when he talked about the devil getting up someone's nose. But I seriously worry about someone who believes in the literal truth of these stories/myths/legends and calls for hell fire and damnation on those who dont.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:20 am
There's plenty of need to be seriously worried Steve. The very absurdity you speak of is what makes these irrational lunatics so deadly dangerous. The price for us is eternal vigilance.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:24 am
Abid wrote:

Your pathetic.

You're a lunatic.

Your beliefs are ridiculous.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:38 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
Is that what you think Abid? that people who criticise or laugh at Islamic practices are motivated by evil spirits?

All I want to do is open your eyes to some of the absurdities, illogicalities and plain old factual errors which have been cobbled together over the centuries and sold to vulnerable children in the name of religion. I'm not saying you must leave it all behind now you are an adult, but I am saying that excessive faith (in things which are plainly absurd) is dangerous as it suspends rational thought. Lighten up a bit, it doesnt make you a bad person or a bad Muslim if you suggested Mohammed was joking when he talked about the devil getting up someone's nose. But I seriously worry about someone who believes in the literal truth of these stories/myths/legends and calls for hell fire and damnation on those who dont.

You believe all or none.

Can you prove to me this is not true???

He (saw) was not joking.

The Imam at our mosque is an excorcist, and has expelled jinn from people. TWhen removed they come out through the nostrils. Believe it or dont.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 05:44 am
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Your pathetic.

You're a lunatic.

Your beliefs are ridiculous.

Almost as ludicrous as the thought that:

"the earth is flat"
As was once believed.

As I was discussing with Timber(whatever) - who stated something about there being "Not enough evidence" to support the theories for the beginning of life.

Like I said. Prove to me they are not true.
How do you explain possessions?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:09 am
So you can't read any better than you can spell. About what I'd expect from a backward superstitious moron. dhurka dhurka mohamed jihad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:31 am
Abid wrote:
You believe all or none.

He (saw) was not joking.

The Imam at our mosque is an excorcist, and has expelled jinn from people. TWhen removed they come out through the nostrils. Believe it or dont.
Can you prove to me he was serious? Anyway if the Prophet was not joking, it sure sounds like you have a comedian at your local mosque.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:53 am
Abid wrote:

How do you explain possessions?

Mental illness. It's only superstitious cowards who ascribe it to something else.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:00 am
Wilso wrote:
So you can't read any better than you can spell. About what I'd expect from a backward superstitious moron. dhurka dhurka mohamed jihad

Laughing
I expected as much from piece of filth like you.
Getting all your information from a puppet show!!!
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:14 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
You believe all or none.

He (saw) was not joking.

Can you prove to me he was serious? Anyway if the Prophet was not joking, it sure sounds like you have a comedian at your local mosque.

Believe what you want.
There have been documented cases of possessions that cannot be explained by mental illness.
I.e speaking tongues
Knowing things unknown to the subject
etc.
0 Replies