WHY ISLAM IS BECOMING THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION..Serious

Abid

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 09:49 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:

The oldest Koranic fragments were found in the loft of the Great Mosque at Sana'a during renovation. Not only do they differ from the modern text but show signs of alteration to an even older text.

I think you need to learn some history about your own religion, not me.

As regard to the Sana'a Mss, there is nothing "shocking" about its discovery. At most, it is claimed that there is a fragment where the end of sura 26 is followed by 37. But this amounts to nothing, since it is permissable to place suras in any order in a partial mushaf compilation. So this is hardly "news" or a "shocking" discovery.

Moreover, after the publication of the Atlantic Monthly, Puin wrote a letter in which he revealed:

"The important thing, thank God, is that these Yemeni Qur'anic fragments do not differ from those found in museums and libraries elsewhere, with the exception of details that do not touch the Qur'an itself, but are rather differences in the way words are spelled. This phenomenon is well-known, even in the Qur'an published in Cairo in which is written:

Ibrhim next to Ibrhm

Quran next to Qrn

Simahum next to Simhum

In the oldest Yemeni Qur'anic fragments, for example, the phenomenon of not writing the vowel alif is rather common."

Prof. Azami comments:

"This deflates the entire controversy, dusting away the webs of intrigue that were spun around Puin's discoveries and making them a topic unworthy of further speculation."

Source: Puin's letter and Prof. Azami's comments cited from: M. M. Azami, The History of the Qur'anic Text from Revelation to Compilation: A Comparative Study with the Old and New Testaments, UK Islamic Academy, 2003 pp. 12

SOURCE: (Something I think you should start providing, so this debate remains credible) - Gerd-Ruediger Puin : "Observations on Early Qur'an Manuscripts in San'a'". - Stefan Wild (ed.), The Qur'an As Text, Leiden/New York/Koeln (E. J. Brill) 1996, p. 107-111
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 10:38 am
The example of a perfect contradiction (above) is from the Koran.

Is that a reliable source?

The post from the guy from new Zealand "Kiwi" supports what I have read of serious research of the origins of Islam at the London School of Oriental and African Studies.

You say the Othman Koran in Tashkent dates from 651 c.e. I say its much later. Why wont the Muslim authorities allow it to be properly examined/radio carbon dated?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 11:49 am
Abid wrote:
fresco wrote:
This thread is about the expansion of Islam, not the phenomenon of "hero worship" which like "love" tends impair the critical faculties of the acolyte.

As for the central claim that Islam is expanding, this particular week's report of the regular self-inflicted carnage in Iraq is presumably nature's way of keeping things in balance !

You're bigoted views sadden me. It is wrong to assume that all Muslim's are crazed lunatics who want to kill every disbeliever in sight.
There is no complusion in religion. There are numerous stories of who Mohammed (pbuh) was kind and compassionate to non-muslims even when he was attacked by them.

No one said "all Muslim's are crazed lunatics who want to kill every disbeliever in sight." The fact that all followers of a religion do not follow all of a religions teachings does not excuse the existance of what is in the religions texts.

In another thread, a muslim apologist offered this.

muslim1 wrote:

Many reasons justify the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy:

1) This is the ruling of God (Allah) and His Messenger, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Whoever changes his religion, kill him." (reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3017).

2) The apostate is not to be killed without warning. Even though his crime is so great, he is given a last chance, a respite of three days in which to repent. If he repents, he will be left; if he does not repent, then he will be killed.

3) The one who has known the religion which God (Allah) revealed, entered it and practised it, then rejected it, despised it and left it, is a person who does not deserve to live on the earth of God (Allah) and eat from the provision of God (Allah).

4) By leaving Islam, the apostate opens the way for everyone who wants to leave the faith, thus spreading apostasy and encouraging it. Islam, the one true religion, is not like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants.

5) If the punishment for murder and espionage (also known as high treason) is death, then what should be the punishment for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of mankind and despises and rejects His religion? Is espionage or shedding blood worse than leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and rejecting it?

6) None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbor's child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the Sharee'ah which God (Allah) revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?

By Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid

God (Allah) knows best.

Assalamo Alaykom.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1385934#1385934
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 12:11 pm
Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid wrote:
None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbor's child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the Sharee'ah which God (Allah) revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?

Total hypocrisy. How about adults filling the heads of vulnerable children with religious nonsense? That's child abuse and deserves gaol. Assuming Islam is the one true religion is prepostrous. Sharia'a law comes from God? It comes from men[/b] who demand obedience by claiming to understand the will of God. Its outrageous.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
Steve 41oo

Yes - the real tragedy is that those who fall for religious opiates, or are conditioned users from childhood, often unwittingly spend their time trying to justify their addiction to themselves in the mistaken belief that they are convincing others. Addicts are as "free" as their next fix !

(.....and here we wait for the hypocritical turgid rejoinder about the "evils of drug ridden-Western society" from Moslems who still chose to live here in preference to their countries of origin !)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 02:59 pm
Maybe people are trying to avoid paying interest on their outstanding loans?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 03:49 pm
Abid wrote:
Where is your proof for this??

Again, i ask you. If I told you that Sharles Dickin's Oliver Twist was actually about a girl called 'Olivia' would you believe me?

sounds kind of far fetched

Where is your proof for anything you have posted? You post the same circular arguments typical to all theists.

As for earlier statements of islam being peaceful...complete and utter crap. When moslems don't have outsiders to fight, then they spend a good deal of time hacking each other to death. I don't know what lollipop fantasy land you're living in, but it's certainly not planet earth.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 03:55 am
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:04 am
mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:
fresco wrote:
This thread is about the expansion of Islam, not the phenomenon of "hero worship" which like "love" tends impair the critical faculties of the acolyte.

As for the central claim that Islam is expanding, this particular week's report of the regular self-inflicted carnage in Iraq is presumably nature's way of keeping things in balance !

You're bigoted views sadden me. It is wrong to assume that all Muslim's are crazed lunatics who want to kill every disbeliever in sight.
There is no complusion in religion. There are numerous stories of who Mohammed (pbuh) was kind and compassionate to non-muslims even when he was attacked by them.

No one said "all Muslim's are crazed lunatics who want to kill every disbeliever in sight." The fact that all followers of a religion do not follow all of a religions teachings does not excuse the existance of what is in the religions texts.

In another thread, a muslim apologist offered this.

muslim1 wrote:

Many reasons justify the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy:

1) This is the ruling of God (Allah) and His Messenger, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Whoever changes his religion, kill him." (reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 3017).

2) The apostate is not to be killed without warning. Even though his crime is so great, he is given a last chance, a respite of three days in which to repent. If he repents, he will be left; if he does not repent, then he will be killed.

3) The one who has known the religion which God (Allah) revealed, entered it and practised it, then rejected it, despised it and left it, is a person who does not deserve to live on the earth of God (Allah) and eat from the provision of God (Allah).

4) By leaving Islam, the apostate opens the way for everyone who wants to leave the faith, thus spreading apostasy and encouraging it. Islam, the one true religion, is not like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants.

5) If the punishment for murder and espionage (also known as high treason) is death, then what should be the punishment for the one who disbelieves in the Lord of mankind and despises and rejects His religion? Is espionage or shedding blood worse than leaving the religion of the Lord of mankind and rejecting it?

6) None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbor's child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the Sharee'ah which God (Allah) revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?

By Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid

God (Allah) knows best.

Assalamo Alaykom.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1385934#1385934

Ive said before, how does this prove that Islam is not the religion of God?

Islam cuts all forms of evil and wrongdoing at tits source.
It prevents sin by prohibiting the situations that cause them e.g
Freemixing can lead to fornication
Uncovering can lead to coveting and rape
Gambling and Usury can lead to debt nd poverty
Apostacy can lead to people doing all of the above
etc...
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:09 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid wrote:
None of those who bleat about personal freedom and freedom of belief would put up with a neighbor's child hitting their child or justify this as "personal freedom," so how can they justify leaving the true religion and rejecting the Sharee'ah which God (Allah) revealed to teach mankind about His unity and bring justice and fairness to all?

Total hypocrisy. How about adults filling the heads of vulnerable children with religious nonsense? That's child abuse and deserves gaol. Assuming Islam is the one true religion is prepostrous. Sharia'a law comes from God? It comes from men[/b] who demand obedience by claiming to understand the will of God. Its outrageous.

It seems useless trying to make people who hold prejudice views to see the light of day.

Ill try my best God willing

We either came from nothing (Impossible)
We created ourselves (Impossible)
We were created

If we were created, what were we created for?

What are the rights of the creator if not to be Worshipped and Glorified?

Would we have been left without guidance like a lost child in the woods?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:16 am
fresco wrote:

(.....and here we wait for the hypocritical turgid rejoinder about the "evils of drug ridden-Western society" from Moslems who still chose to live here in preference to their countries of origin !)

I agree, with you in certain aspects.

But sometimes situations in their own countries may force them to relocate.

Just as every country has people who imigrate TO and FROM every country in the world.

Just because your living somewhere, does it mean you should not try to make that land a better place?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:17 am
cjhsa wrote:
Maybe people are trying to avoid paying interest on their outstanding loans?

Well if they are Muslim and taking out loans then complaining about 'Western society' as you put it, then i believe that is hypocrisy

God knows best
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:25 am
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Again, i ask you. If I told you that Sharles Dickin's Oliver Twist was actually about a girl called 'Olivia' would you believe me?

Where is your proof for anything you have posted? You post the same circular arguments typical to all theists.

As for earlier statements of islam being peaceful...complete and utter crap. When moslems don't have outsiders to fight, then they spend a good deal of time hacking each other to death. I don't know what lollipop fantasy land you're living in, but it's certainly not planet earth.

Your ignorant, hate filled tone obviously shows you live in the real fantasy world - Stuck in the bubble world of believing everything on TV is the be all and end all of everything about a subject.
Its like saying oh, Catholics must be mindless animals because they blew up some buildings to get their country back.

Its true, many Muslims are doing things that are causing themselves and others pain and harship, but dont GENERELISE.

Have a look at some video's of Hajj (Islamic pilgramige and you will see the most wonderful example of equalty and love from people of ALL creeds)

As for Proof : http://www.themodernreligion.com/verses_sci.htm

Also did you not look at the opening POST???

You have a one track mind leading you on a path to destruction

Sad
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:30 am
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Your ignorant, hate filled tone obviously shows you live in the real fantasy world - Stuck in the bubble world of believing everything on TV is the be all and end all of everything about a subject.
Its like saying oh, Catholics must be mindless animals because they blew up some buildings to get their country back.

Its true, many Muslims are doing things that are causing themselves and others pain and harship, but dont GENERELISE.

Have a look at some video's of Hajj (Islamic pilgramige and you will see the most wonderful example of equalty and love from people of ALL creeds)

Sad
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 04:30 am
Wilso wrote:
Abid wrote:

Sad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:16 am
Abid wrote:
...The other two Verses quoted here did not indicate that they are discussing the same day or that every day with Allah is both 1,000 and 50,000 years long.
Laughing this is the sort of desperate semantics and crackpot logic which results from the premise of assuming the Koran is the perfect and final word of God. You believe every word is true. So you have to believe a day with Allah (is that 24 hours btw or just daylight...does it get dark after sundown in heaven?) is both 1000 and 50,000 years. Or that Monday is considerably shorter than Tuesday. Presumably Friday is a busy day, or perhaps not. Can't you see the absurdity of taking the Koran literally?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:51 am
Desperate??

Im not the one 'Desperate' to disprove the faith of Islam

Im not trying my utmost to stem the flow of reverts who embrace Islam every single day.

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

Arabic is a very complex language and certain words cannot be explained by the limitations in the English language. All we can do is find a word that most accurately describes this.

Your futile attempts to slander Islam do you no benifit. Islam is the fastest growing religion as stated earlier. People from all backgraounds and ethnicities can be found coming back to their Lord all the time.

The sooner you accept that Islam is here to stay the better
Very Happy
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:54 am
Reverts in Texas!!!

Very Happy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9184353144432289069

I Like!!!!
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:19 am
Proof Islam is the fastest growing religion is located here

The world population has increased 136 percent from 1934 through 1984, Christianity with 47 percent and Islam with 235 percent. These figures can be checked in The Plain Truth, February 1984, in its fiftieth anniversary issue, quoting from The World Almanac and Book of Facts 1935, and The Reader's Digest Almanac and Yearbook 1983.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 06:20 am
Abid wrote:
Desperate??

Im not the one 'Desperate' to disprove the faith of Islam

Im not trying my utmost to stem the flow of reverts who embrace Islam every single day....

Your futile attempts to slander Islam do you no benifit. Islam is the fastest growing religion as stated earlier. People from all backgraounds and ethnicities can be found coming back to their Lord all the time.

The sooner you accept that Islam is here to stay the better
Very Happy
I have not slandered Islam. I have merely pointed out some truths which you reject because your mind is befuddled with religious nonsense. Its not for me to disprove anything. Its for you to offer evidence to back up your assertions. You have produced none. All we ever hear is the circular and spurious argument that God dictated the Koran therefore the Koran is God's word. For too long rationalists (being on the whole thoroughly nice people) have refrained from criticising religion out of an excessive deference to religious sensibilities. But events in recent years have opened people's eyes to the existential harm religion can do. Therefore its time to challenge belief with reason. Its time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation.
0 Replies