WHY ISLAM IS BECOMING THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION..Serious

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 05:08 am
WHAT THE MEDIA and PERSONALITIES SAY ABOUT ISLAM

Quote:
"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..."
HILLARY RODMAN CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

Quote:
Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world's fastest-growing religion. ABCNEWS, Abcnews.com

Quote:
"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country." NEWSDAY, March 7, 1989, p.4

Quote:
"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States..." NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21, 1989, p.1

Quote:
"Moslems are the world's fastest-growing group..." USA TODAY, The populationreferance bureau, Feb. 17,
1989, p.4A

Quote:
"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

Quote:
"There are more Muslims in North America then Jews Now." Dan Rathers, CBSNEWS

Quote:
"Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America." TIMES MAGAZINE

Quote:
"Islam continues to grow in America, and no one can doubt that!" CNN, December 15, 1995

Quote:
"The religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world." MIKE WALLACE, 60 MINUTES

Quote:
"Five to 6 million strong, Muslims in America already outnumber Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and Mormons, and they are more numerous than Quakers, Unitarians, Seventh-day Adventists, Mennonites, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christian Scientists, combined. Many demographers say Islam has overtaken Judaism as the country's second-most commonly practiced religion; others say it is in the passing lane." JOHAN BLANK, USNEWS (7/20/98)

Quote:
"In fact, religion experts say Islam is the second-largest religion in the United States... Islam has 5 million to 6 million members, followed by Judaism, with approximately 4.5 million..... And Islam is believed to be fastest-growing religion in the country, with half its expansion coming from new immigrants and the other half from conversions." By ELSA C. ARNETT Knight-Ridder News Service

WHAT SCIENTISTS ARE ALSO SAYING

Quote:
Professor Keith Moore, one of the world's prominent scientists of anatomy and embryology. University of Toronto, Canada "It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur'aan about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from Allah, or Allah, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of Allah."

Quote:
"But Islam has a still further service to render to the cause of humanity. It stands after all nearer to the real East than Europe does, and it possesses a magnificent tradition of inter-racial understanding and cooperation. No other society has such a record of success uniting in an equality of status, of opportunity, and of endeavours so many and so various races of mankind . . . Islam has still the power to reconcile apparently irreconcilable elements of race and tradition. If ever the opposition of the great societies of East and West is to be replaced by cooperation, the mediation of Islam is an indispensable condition. In its hands lies very largely the solution of the problem with which Europe is faced in its relation with East. If they unite, the hope of a peaceful issue is immeasurably enhanced. But if Europe, by rejecting the cooperation of Islam, throws it into the arms of its rivals, the issue can only be disastrous for both." --H.A.R. Gibb, WHITHER ISLAM, London, 1932, p. 379.

Quote:
"It (Islam) replaced monkishness by manliness. It gives hope to the slave, brotherhood to mankind, and recognition of the fundamental facts of human nature." --Canon Taylor, Paper read before the Church Congress at Walverhamton, Oct. 7, 1887; Quoted by Arnoud in THE PREACHING OF ISLAM, pp. 71-72.

Quote:
"The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammed. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he? " Lamartine, Historie de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol. 11 pp. 276-2727

Quote:
"If a man like Muhamed were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness." George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
"How, for instance, can any other appeal stand against that of the Moslem who, in approaching the pagan, says to him, however obscure or degraded he may be 'Embrace the faith, and you are at once equal and a brother.' Islam knows no color line." (S. S. Leeder, VEILED MYSTERIES OF EGYPT)

Quote:
Professor Siaveda , He is also one of the most famous scientists in the world. "I think it seems to me very, very mysterious, almost unbelievable. I really think if what you have said is true, "

Quote:
Professor William W. Hay is one of the best known marine scientists in the United States. satellite photography and emote-sensing techniques. Professor Hay replied: I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scripture of the Holy Qur'aan, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages. Professor Hay: Well, I would think it must be the divine being!

Quote:
Professor Yushudi Kusan: Director of the Tokyo Observatory, "I can say, I am very mush impressed by finding true astronomical facts in the Qur'aan."

Quote:
Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world's most famous geologists "Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case."

Quote:
Dr. T.V.N. Persaud is a Professor of Anatomy and Head of the Department of Anatomy, and a professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He is the author or editor of 25 books, and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada. "It seems to me that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read or write. In fact, he was illiterate. We are talking about 1400 years ago. You have someone who was illiterate making profound pronouncement and statements and are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. I personally cannot see how this could be mere chance. There are too many accuracy's and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind in concerning that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements."

Quote:
Joe Leigh Simpson, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the North Western University in Chicago in the United States of America. Professor Simpson said: It follows, I think, that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion, but in fact religion can guide science by adding revelation to some traditional scientific approaches. That there exists statements in the Qur'aan shown by science to be valid, which supports knowledge in the Qur'aan having been derived from Allah.

Quote:
Professor Palmer a scientist from the U.S. "We need research into the history of early Middle Eastern oral traditions to know whether in fact such historical events have been reported. If there is no such record, it strengthens the belief that Allah transmitted through Muhammad bits of his knowledge that we have only discovered for ourselves in recent times. We look forward to a continuing dialogue on the topic of science in the Qur'aan in the context of geology. Thank you very much."

Quote:

Quote:
Professor Armstrong, Scientist works at NASA, "I am impressed that how remarkably some of the ancient writings seem to correspond to modern and recent Astronomy. There may well have to be something beyond what we understand as ordinary human experience to account for the writings that we have seen."

Quote:
Professor Dorja Rao, "It is difficult to imagine that this type of knowledge was existing at that time, around 1400 years back. May be some of the things they have simple idea about, but do describe those things in great detail is very difficult. So, this is definitely not a simple human knowledge."

ISLAM AND THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN:

Indeed, Islam is the only way of life that gives women their full rights.

Each and every one of the following points is a real and true teaching of Islam, based on the Holy Qur'an and on the tradition of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him):

- Islam declared women and men equal in rights and duties.

- Islam condemned pre-Islamic practices degrading and oppressing women.

- The same injunctions and prohibitions of Islam equally apply to both sexes.

- Islam gave woman the right of inheritance and the right of individual independent ownership unhampered by father, husband, brother, son or anyone else.

- Islam gave women the right to accept or reject a marriage proposal free from pressure, and by mutual agreement to specify in the marriage contract that she has the right to divorce (if she misses that option she has the right to seek court divorce if she deems the marriage to have failed beyond repair).

- Islam does not require woman to change her name at marriage.

- Islam protects the family and condemns the betrayal of marital fidelity. It recognizes only one type of family: husband and wife united by authentic marriage contract.

- "Heaven is at the feet of mothers", is a basic Islamic teaching (which means: if you're kind to your mother, if you obey her, if you don't 'forget' her when she's old... then God (Allah in Arabic) will grant you Heaven (Paradise)).

Quote:
- "The best of you are the kindest to their wives and I am your best to mine", is a teaching by prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

- Islam enjoins sounds morality in thinking, behavior and appearance. Dress fashions and social patterns that reduce woman to a sex object and exploit her as such are not acceptable to Islam.

- The observance of chastity and moral standards is equally demanded by Islam from both men and women. "Women are the siblings of men", is a saying of prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

Let me sum up with this QURANIC chapter about forced conversion to ISLAM

HOLY QURAAN Chapter 2:256

Quote:
"There is no compulsion in religion(ISLAM). Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower".

And Allah knows best.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 19,769 • Replies: 339
No top replies

dalahow2

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 07:46 am
This issue
Maybe coz of This
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:00 am
Ah, Islam Awareness... a well-intentioned site if ever I saw one. However, thousands isn't exactly the same millions, now is it, dalahow2?

And I have issue with the article "Islam 'will be dominant UK religion'".

This woman doesn't have proper credentials. She hasn't done a proper thorough study to show the proper numbers of people converting to Islam and she hasn't taken into account the Christian doctrine that's supposed to be (by law) taught to children in state schools.

Still, that's going off-topic.

EDIT: Whoops! I thought this was the thread where you made the bogus claim that millions are converting to Islam.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:46 am
Personally, I'm waiting for Zoroastrianism to make a comeback.

Or maybe druidism.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 09:55 am
Islam spreads to Australia
Quote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Ah, Islam Awareness... a well-intentioned site if ever I saw one. However, thousands isn't exactly the same millions, now is it, dalahow2?

You think Islam will not spread within the UK? Sure that is a different opinion.You may keep your opinion.Get a wait and see approach. Smile Smile

Quote:
EDIT: Whoops! I thought this was the thread where you made the bogus claim that millions are converting to Islam.

This is a bogus claim Islam is rapidly spreading In Australia

Thank you very much But I think

Bogus has a different meaning
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:04 am
My theory for what its worth goes like this.

The change from hunter gatherer to settled farming communities (10k years ago?) had a profound affect on man and how he saw his place in the environment.

Instead of spending his entire time grubbing around for just enough to eat to keep body and soul? together, suddenly he found a way of producing lots of food...even a surplus.

At the same time he realised just how vulnerable he was to forces overwhich he had absolutely no control, specifically the weather. No rain no crops no food death. Too much rain....floods devastation etc etc. In short for good harvest you need the right weather at the right time.

I dont think it takes much leap of imagination to suggest that early man invented entities of the spirit world which controlled specific things such as rainfall. How many Rain Gods/goddesses are there around the world? Hundreds.

The other thing farming gave man was time. There were some times of the year when you couldnt do much except wait for stuff to ripen or grow or when the crops were harvested. Perhaps this "thinking time" was used to develop and refine ideas about dieties, to be appeased or prayed to to ensure everything would be ok next year.

People who claimed to be able to intercede on behalf of ordinary folks wishing to communicate with gods became pretty important in their own right. So developed a priestly or ruling class.

You see the same patterns all over the place. Man was conscious of the seasons and could see the affect they had on his world. What if the Sun God never came to warm the soil in spring? Better make sacrifice. Or the earth mother goddess? What if She was displeased big time?

Gods and the forces of the supernatural were mankind's attempt to explain the inexplicable. By doing so he was able to speak to and hopefully influence those forces which governed his very existence.

So man invented gods. Thousands of them. It was only much later that some idiot decided there could only be one god, who of course just happened to speak to him personally. Thats when the trouble began imo.

I might develop this later.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:12 am
Re: Islam spreads to Australia
dalahow2 wrote:
Quote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

You think Islam will not spread within the UK? Sure that is a different opinion.You may keep your opinion.Get a wait and see approach. Smile Smile

Quote:

This is a bogus claim Islam is rapidly spreading In Australia

Thank you very much But I think

Bogus has a different meaning

Let me call This Unbwoggable Smile
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 04:04 pm
Yes, islam is spreading. So is cancer, so is AIDS.
The world is full of problems
Your point?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 04:33 pm
Doktor S,

Precisely !

Dawkin's concept of religion as a "cognitive virus" seems to hit the nail on the head.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
Dalahow, you've never answered the question of why we should place any credence in the claim that the word of god was revealed to us by an illiterate dead-beat who lived of the money of series of widows he married (never doing an honest day's work in his life), and who, at one point married and committed matrimonial rape of a nine-year-old girl. Any suggestions for why such a thesis ought to be considered plausible?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 04:53 pm
Setanta,

The problem is that muslims are clutching at demographic trends as an excuse to preclude any engagement in "logical" debate.

For a balanced view of the statistics try:
http://www.geocities.com/richleebruce/b/islam.html
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:24 am
excellent site Fresco, not had chance to study it but read

"The first derivative, the growth rate, which averaged 1.76 between 2000 and 2004, is also far higher than the world's population or any other major religious group, but the second derivative is a question mark."

If more muslims actually understood this instead of quoting passages from their holy books, I would have more respect for Islam.

Meanwhile private muslim schools in britain are to come under stricter supervision to protect the children from physical and sexual abuse...but it should be against the greater danger of life long brainwashing imo.

Seven Muslim men are on trial for trying to produce a 1/2 tonne bomb of ammonium nitrate and aluminium powder. (Learned their terrorist techniques in Pakistan "on holiday")

The home office is concerned about the muslim practice of marrying their first cousins...leading to genetic degeneration, and ill health, high incidence of which in muslim communities.

Muslim man in afghanistan faces death for converting to christianity.

Several women and children going to a wedding blown up by a land mine planted by muslim fanatics.

Thats all the Islamic news I have for the moment.

More tales of death and destruction brought to you courtesy of the final and perfect word of god to follow (almost certainly)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:42 am
You all make the claim that Muslims breed like rabbits, but there are only 1.1 billion Muslims all over the world at the moment. About 1 out of every 6 people. Can you tell me the ratios of other religions? Why isn't Christianity spreading like wildfire; haven't you noticed that Mexicans and other South Americans breed like jack-rabbits too?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:46 am
Raul-7 wrote:
You all make the claim that Muslims breed like rabbits, but there are only 1.1 billion Muslims all over the world at the moment. About 1 out of every 6 people. Can you tell me the ratios of other religions? Why isn't Christianity spreading like wildfire; haven't you noticed that Mexicans and other South Americans breed like jack-rabbits too?
I didnt say Muslims breed like rabbits.

You said mexicans and south americans breed like jack rabbits as well. I wouldnt be so rude.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:56 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
I didnt say Muslims breed like rabbits.

You said mexicans and south americans breed like jack rabbits as well. I wouldnt be so rude.

Well not in this thread, but in the other one regarding Islam spreading.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:58 am
I havent said muslims breed like rabbits anywhere.

Someone else with a name beginning s might have done but not me.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:50 am
No, they're just fanatical about brainwashing people with their cancerous tripe (as are most religions).
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 05:05 am
Wilso wrote:
No, they're just fanatical about brainwashing people with their cancerous tripe (as are most religions).
a couple of years ago I would have said let them wallow in their own superstitious ignorance. But some of these religious crazies are dangerous, and what makes them dangerous is their fanatical belief that they are carrying out the will of god by killing people. What put that dangerous idea in their head? Religion. Specifically Islam. Its time to hit back at these ideas (note I said ideas not people) and not let them off the hook when they come out with these ridiculous notions. We have been far too lenient with sloppy thinking in the past, out of a wish not to cause offense. But things have moved on. Its time for the best brains in the secular world to take on and destroy dangerous religious ideas, I agree its like a cancer. But we can often beat cancer these days. On thing is sure though, if we dont try it will surely kill us.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 05:46 am
I don't consider the spread of any of the world's "great" religions good news. We need to grow up.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 06:36 am
Well said, both of you.
0 Replies