how crazy is this I mean its insane why am i considering it

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:24 pm
Not saying he is gay, but his family might be suspecting it. Anyway, like I said I (and they, if this is the case) am probably wrong about that.

But it should give you pause, the rushing. Marriages aren't for impulsiveness. At least not marriages that have a prayer of lasting. Yes, a few do. But most don't. It really helps for people to know each other well before committing. I am not saying that these aren't lovely people, and that is coloring things in a big, big way. But hang back and be objective about this. That's all I'm sayin'.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:26 pm
oh i'm not going to rush into marrraige might rush onto plain bound for Brazil and see what happens but not marraige but it's nice to the doors open to that.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
Typically, arranged marriages have had the purpose of creating alliances between social entities like countries, lineages and families. Is it the case that the parents want to ally themselves through you guys? Nothing essentially wrong with that if you are willing. But if were to ask me, I would suggest that you remain engaged for sufficient time to have enough fights with him so that you'll see that he is not the typical (stereotype of the) macho Brazilian male. If he is, THAT could be disastrous--if you are not a masochist.
If the parents of both of you do not want a long engagement, it might suggest that they do not see the marriage as being about you two, but about them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:29 pm
tagged_lyricist wrote:
oh i'm not going to rush into marrraige might rush onto plain bound for Brazil and see what happens but not marraige but it's nice to the doors open to that.

Have fun, and pack sun screen. Smile
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:32 pm
hmm is see what you saying and i agree the parents do want to ally themselves through the two of us probably i got this impression, however as i said when it was been spoken about at the dinner table I thought all amusing and ha ha, however the seed has been planted in my head and has grown into an annoying little tree now. I don't think they want us married now this second but i think they want me to go there date him and do everything they can short of making us get engaged and married.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
Would you be going to Brazil to live or to visit for a bit?
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:33 pm
oh i love south afica jespah all my normal mositurizer has sun screen already since i have a lovely irish complexion
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:34 pm
visit stop off for few weeks before i go to LA.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:35 pm
No problem, then. Have fun.

L.A.? Another visit?
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
Well just graduated from film school and got some friends in hollywood so wanna go check out the scene, stay as long as I can in L.A and then hopefully New York.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:38 pm
thats the old fashioned jewish vey dollink -
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
That is so spot on sea glass Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:42 pm
Gosh.

I dunno if now is the time to be embarking on a new long-distance romance, for a bunch of reasons, but good luck.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:44 pm
hehe yeah busy life but that's only at the end of the year got to make some mony here in Jo'urg to pay for airfare and spending money. So gabe can do what he wants and i can do what i want till then Wink
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:45 pm
forgot to mention going to try convince gabe to go to new york with me cos he loves NY and I've never been there so it would be nice.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
I've nothing against the notion of an alliance marriage; it would be wonderful to have in-laws who are fond of each other. But I WOULD observe how his father treats his wife. Hopefully, she expresses an ability to resist his will and he respects her resistance.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
sooo..... if and when you'd marry this guy, where would you live? brazil? SA? States?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:54 pm
also the 'spoilt mama's boy' and 'i'm not the type to iron his shirts' sound like a problem to me.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:55 pm
for JLnobdy the moter and father get on well they are both professionals- doctors, i don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but dad is definatley more congenial then the mother but she is very nice too, she does seem to dote on him and he does seem to overshadow her slightly but then the father is just one big personality so he tends to to overshadow everyone except my father who is equally loud and obnoxious (well i must get it from some where).

Dagmarka i really don't know secretley hoping the states or here in South afica hopefully in cape town.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:59 pm
yes I agre and I mentioned this to my mother the ironing shirts etc, she's like therre are maids for that, practical jewish mothers... scary.

Okay i'll come clean the sister Tamara did admit to packing the brothers suitcases for them because the didn't like doing it... this scares me more then my mother.
0 Replies