TAYLOR HICKS ROCKS AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:07 pm
Quote:
Elliot? He's the kind of person who grows on you. I liked him more and more with each passing week. He has a pure vocal talent, humility, and "niceness" that most of us can truly respect.

I thought so too, Debra, especially last night when they showed the clip of Elliot going home to Richmond, VA. He is genuinely nice, and the
tears made him all the more likable.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:11 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Does anybody else think that the talent pool just wasn't so much there this year when compared to previous seasons?

I don't. I thought that this year there was more talent. This year, there were at least five or six mediocre hack performers in a sea of crappy performers. Usually there are only one or two mediocre hack performers in a sea of crappiness. All of the final four or five of these contestants could have easily been in contention to win on any other season.

But please don't misunderstand me. They are all still mediocre hacks, with marginal talent at best.

But I like the way certain parts of Katharine bounce when she jumps up and down, so I hope she wins.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:11 pm
Quote:
Taylor Hicks can sing ... if you just didn't have to watch the his Elaine Benis "dancing."

Laughing
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:21 am
kickycan wrote:
But I like the way certain parts of Katharine bounce when she jumps up and down, so I hope she wins.

I give Katharine high points any time she bounces & jiggles, but her two best performances were sung while she was writhing on the floor of the stage. Okay, kneeling, but she definitely pulled herself back from the brink when she decided to sex up the act.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:04 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I give Katharine high points any time she bounces & jiggles, but her two best performances were sung while she was writhing on the floor of the stage. Okay, kneeling, but she definitely pulled herself back from the brink when she decided to sex up the act.

she does have a nice ass... but Pickler's was hotter....
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:23 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
WhoodaThunk wrote:
kickycan wrote:

she does have a nice ass... but Pickler's was hotter....

Yeah, but that cornpone thing eventually trumped the ass factor ... at least Dolly Parton's no moron.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:40 am
Whooda wrote
Quote:
Yeah, but that cornpone thing eventually trumped the ass factor ... at least Dolly Parton's no moron.

LOL. The testosterone level in this thread has been off the chart lately I think. Smile

My favorite Dolly Parton line said I believe to Letterman: "Hey, it costs a lot of money to look this cheap."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:15 pm
why, oh why do I have my TV on right now?

That taylor guy has on a purple velvet top
white shirt
and jeans.......

and i still dont like him.
>sigh<
anyone else have this horridly addicting thing on?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:56 pm
I like Taylor even though I don't think tonight was his best night. And I think he won.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:26 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I like Taylor even though I don't think tonight was his best night. And I think he won.

Yep ... despite his epileptic seizures

When Katherine sang "Cherry Tree," she should have been writhing on the floor like last time ... and when she writhed on the floor with "Rainbow," she should have had a couple more buttons unbuttoned ...

Favorite line of the show -- from Ryan to Chris Daughtry: "You've got a great seat there -- now take it." Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:49 am
Only seen clips on morning news, the girl can sing but cant dance for toffee.
The guy has personality and a better voice.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:20 pm
It's 9:19 here, how much longer can they milk this crap.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:50 pm
Green Witch wrote:
It's 9:19 here, how much longer can they milk this crap.

About 38 more minutes.

Nice to see TAFKAP (The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Rolling Eyes) has found work.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:02 pm
And the winner is (right on schedule):

http://www.earthtimes.org/newsimage/new_idol_1756.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:02 pm
Yay! Oh, wait, I almost forgot, I don't give a damn.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:05 pm
Prince* went on after all? What happened there?

*He's back to being Prince btw.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:12 pm
Do I Make You Nauseated?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:15 pm
sozobe wrote:
Prince* went on after all? What happened there?

*He's back to being Prince btw.

Huh. I have no idea - wasn't really watching, had it PiP'd in a corner of my monitor, no audio. Didn't even know there was anything going on re Prince or whatever he calls himself now ... what was up with that?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:21 pm
glad I didnt turn it on
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:27 pm
From April NY Post

Quote:
April 2, 2006 -- NOTORIOUSLY shy Prince is willing to do anything to keep his album "3121" at the top of the Billboard charts. Industry insiders say Prince is worried that his record, which recently debuted at No. 1, might drop off the charts next week. So his record company convinced him to go on "American Idol" to boost sales as Barry Manilow did earlier this year. "It wasn't easy though," said one source, "because Prince apparently hates the show and has never even watched it." A rep for Prince didn't return calls.
0 Replies