TAYLOR HICKS ROCKS AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:56 pm
squinney wrote:
From April NY Post

Quote:
... "because Prince apparently hates the show and has never even watched it." A rep for Prince didn't return calls.

Will wonders never cease! I have more in common with Prince than I'd imagined.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:28 pm
Quote:
Other pairings of contestants and stars included Paris Bennett and Al Jarreau; McPhee and Meat Loaf; Chris Daughtry and Live; Elliott Yamin and Blige; Hicks and Toni Braxton, and the dozen finalists with Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick.

Prince was a surprise final performer, taking the stage for two songs, including "Satisfied" and without an "Idol" contestant alongside.

I can just imagine the negotiations... "Prince, you'll be doing a duet with Katharine McPee..."

"Nope"

"...what? It'll be great, she..."

"Ain't doin' it."

"...c'mon, just think of her as a young Sheena Easton..."

"Nope. I'm solo or I ain't doin' it."
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:40 pm
I would have rather seen another group song by the kids than Prince.

But way to go Taylor! I actually did give a crap and I think the right one won. The rest with real talent have been well showcased, however, and they will do okay.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:42 pm
Now are you guys going to watch the dance competition premiering next week? Last summer it was pretty fun.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 11:17 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I would have rather seen another group song by the kids than Prince.

But way to go Taylor! I actually did give a crap and I think the right one won. The rest with real talent have been well showcased, however, and they will do okay.

the kids? It's difficult to consider Taylor as one of "the kids." Taylor looks MUCH OLDER than my over 40-year-old grey-haired man.

American Idol? I don't think so. Given the results, it's more like the American Old-Looking Fartster Show.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 02:54 am
Prince, Meatloaf, Bacharach, Warwicke ... the only mummy they didn't haul out was Tutankhamun and I actually care about his upcoming tour.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 04:35 am
America has chosen. They walked along the vast cafeteria line of talent and picked the nice, safe, white bread with mayo.

Joe(Watch your blood pressure, Pops)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 04:46 am
just as they do in all elections... not so safe always though.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:26 am
What are you talking about? I find it quite comfortable under this rock.

However, I heard that Vito got a pool cue stuck up his rectal orifice as a reminder to abjure fenookiness. I shall watch this weeks episode of the Sopranos tonight.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:28 am
Personally, I felt a wave of sadness when they announced Taylor got more votes than any American president. Maybe we need to restructure the election process to be like AI. Simon, Paula and Randy can critique the policies of those running and we can vote them off one by one until the last person standing gets the White House job.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:33 am
Now THAT'S a great idea!!!

I heard on NPR yesterday that a politician in Arizona or Nevada is proposing that a million dollar random drawing be held for those that cote in national elections. He thought that might entice more people to vote. What a shame we have to bribe people to vote for their own interests, when they freely spend hours dialing to vote in the interest of a total stranger.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 05:55 am
Green Witch wrote:
Maybe we need to restructure the election process to be like AI. Simon, Paula and Randy can critique the policies of those running and we can vote them off one by one until the last person standing gets the White House job.

And vote as often as we like? Cool. But will that work even if I'm not a dead Democrat buried in Chicago?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:03 am
farmerman wrote:
What are you talking about? I find it quite comfortable under this rock.

However, I heard that Vito got a pool cue stuck up his rectal orifice as a reminder to abjure fenookiness. I shall watch this weeks episode of the Sopranos tonight.

we neverf did find outy if the cue was chaulked.... I guess the secret is buried with him and hoffa.......
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:27 am
BVT_Is that litle fact important to the plot? If it is, dont tell me anymore till I see it tonight.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:28 am
farmerman wrote:
BVT_Is that litle fact important to the plot? If it is, dont tell me anymore till I see it tonight.

I haven't ruined anything for you... I promise....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 06:30 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Maybe we need to restructure the election process to be like AI. Simon, Paula and Randy can critique the policies of those running and we can vote them off one by one until the last person standing gets the White House job.

And vote as often as we like? Cool. But will that work even if I'm not a dead Democrat buried in Chicago?

it particularly works for Ohioans.... Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:10 am
Prince was a nice surprise. Almost made it worth watching.

When Elliott left the competition, I stopped giving a **** who won. I still say he can sing better than either of the two finalists.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:43 am
Enjoyed last night! Sooo good! And I didn't really care who won but glad that it was Taylor -- he is such a great guy! I missed it if they told us but how close were the results??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 11:05 am
May I say that you are demonstrating the total absence of a life. Not only are you watching a show that is about as appealing as Bowling with NASCAR drivers , but youre writing about it on a PBB.

My excuse is Im just goofing off while my newspaper dries out after the dog peed on it and I stuck it in the microwave.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 11:09 am
Stuck it in the microwave, huh? The "it" refers to the paper, I hope; as I understand it, dogs don't react well to microwaving.
0 Replies