TAYLOR HICKS ROCKS AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 11:33 am
Cool . I dont think my dog would fit, and hed know something was up.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:54 am
Did anyone else see David Hasselhoff CRYING after they announced the next American Idol?

I nearly had a stroke when I saw that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:42 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Did anyone else see David Hasselhoff CRYING after they announced the next American Idol?

I nearly had a stroke when I saw that.

yeah, what in God's name was that about?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:44 pm
I forgot about that. That was ridiculous. What's WRONG with people?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 12:45 pm
Quote:

uhh

that hes a bitch?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:05 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Quote:

uhh

that hes a bitch?

a whiny bitch to boot....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:06 pm
oh good grief..

gues what TV show is up for big screen remaking...

knight rider..
0 Replies

babygerl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:19 pm
Taylor Hicks
Taylor Hicks is a great singer, you have to open your self to his music. He gets so into which makes his performances so much better. He has very great career going for him, and people are big fans. I think y'all should get over Katharine Mcphee because America voted and Taylor won! Katharine is a great singer too, and she'll have a great career as well, it just won't make it as far as Taylor. Even though most people are looking for hip hop, Taylor gives us more relaxed type music. Many people said he wouldn't make it this far but he has. He won! This was a very big finale this year, however they shouldn't of made as big. Though he is an awesome singer and I'd buy his cds, they shouldn't made it like it is going to be the season premiere. TAYLOR ROCKS!!!! SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:24 pm
Welcome to A2K Babygerl. You no doubt have a lot of company in your appreciation for Taylor, but you have to understand that we have guys on this thread who are more impressed with a different kind of....cough......appeal. Smile
0 Replies

babygerl

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:29 pm
Taylor Hicks/katharine McPhee
Y'all think that she is better because she is a pop type star. Being more impressed isn't what matters. To me it should go to the person who deserves it. As far as Katharine goes, I liked her all the way up until the last week. When she was asked if she felt she was going to win, her reply was The judges aren't fair they didnt treat me fair, and I should win. When Taylor was asked if he felt he was going to win his reply was no way. To me she sounded stuck up and like a b*t*h. What brought me to the conclusion that she is one, and she didn't deserve it, so I am glad taylor won. She got what she deserved
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 02:01 pm
Some fat guy came into the restaurant where I was having lunch today with a Taylor Hicks t-shirt. I thought I was going to spit my tea out.

He looked like he just got back from vacationing in Branson....Taylor's demographic to a "t".
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 02:27 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Some fat guy came into the restaurant where I was having lunch today with a Taylor Hicks t-shirt. I thought I was going to spit my tea out.

You risked eating while wearing your new Taylor Hicks t-shirt?

They say Clive is going to work with him on the wardrobe and dance moves ... don't know though ... you can take the boy out of Alabama, but ...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 02:38 pm
WhoodaThunk wrote:

You risked eating while wearing your new Taylor Hicks t-shirt?

They say Clive is going to work with him on the wardrobe and dance moves ... don't know though ... you can take the boy out of Alabama, but ...

no fat guys here good buddy.....no Taylor Hicks t-shirt either...I'd like two ... one to **** on , the other to cover it up with.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:34 pm

He looked like he just got back from vacationing in Branson....Taylor's demographic to a "t".

Sick and wrong.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:54 pm
Yet somehow still funny.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:56 pm
I'm just thrilled that Taylor won! I would imagine Katherine will have a career all her own, as well as Elliot. I still think Taylor was the best entertainer though maybe not the best singer.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 10:03 pm
As a DJ said on my local rock station last night commenting of the winner shortly after he was announced..."Katie didn't need it".
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 07:04 am
I have to agree that his first world tour will probably begin in Branson. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 08:54 am
Just as long as he comes to Louisiana. And hey, some pretty big names have played Branson. I don't think Taylor would care just as long as he can perform. Razz
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 5 Jun, 2006 02:06 pm
American Idol has hit the big time and is even featured on Rasmussen Reports:

American Idol Phenomenon Hits New Peak
Season Five Anthology Number Three On Charts
June 2, 2006
The American Idol phenomenon hit a new peak this week as sales for the Season Five Encore Anthology hit 154,000 in the first week. That's more than any previous Idol opening week sales and good enough for the number three slot on the Billboard charts.

Eighty-nine percent (89%) of Americans have read, seen, or heard of the competition. A Rasmussen reports lifestyle survey found that 47% of American adults watched the show at least once during the past season.

But that tends to understate the cultural impact of American Idol. Sixty-eight percent (68%) of Americans were able to correctly identify Taylor Hicks as the winner this year. Just 4% mistakenly thought Katherine McPhee was selected. That's an amazing level of awareness.

That awareness also paid off for Carrie Underwood, the season 4 winner. After appearing on the final show of season 5, her record moved back into the top 10 on the billboard charts. Underwood's sales actually doubled from the week before the show.

Another measure of the cultural impact is to note that the 68% who could correctly identify Hicks as the winner is higher than the percentage who know enough about Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Dennis Hastert to have an opinion about him.

Among those who watch the show every week or nearly every week, 68% believe the right person won. Just 23% disagree. Women were more likely than men to think that the right Idol was selected.

Generally speaking, 66% of regular Idol fans believe the show's judging is fair and honest. Thirty percent (30%) disagree. Women are more likely than men to believe the judging is fair.

Among all Americans, 29% believe the judging is fair while 24% disagree.
SOURCE
0 Replies