Supremes to Colleges: Military Recruiter Bans Illegal

snood

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:16 am
cjhsa wrote:
So snood, you agree that military recruiters are paramount to child molesters?

Nope, I'm just sneering at your opinion, actually.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:28 am
I'm surprised at my opinion--and it's based on feelings, rather than politics, or even common sense: I don't think recruiters should be able to approach children, without their parents present.

I'd more easily accept a draft and face that set of choices, than for someone to manipulate my child, with me unaware.

I know there are a lot of people, who make the choice to join, and that's great for them--but the majority of 18 year olds (opinion) aren't qualified to make this choice without parental guidance. It's a life and death choice. I gave some recruiters an earful for continuing to call my child after I explicitly told them to stop. He was 17 at the time. They are just like any other salesman. They will lie and distort and paint a rosy picture--they will meet your child without your knowledge--they seem to provide a viable option, sometimes at very vulnerable times in a young person'slife--and that time of life is the most turbulent. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Some people will make that choice, and that's honorable--if they do it with their eyes open, and with an advocate--like a parent, making sure they know everything they need to know. Cruising for them on school campuses is wrong.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:30 am
snood wrote:
Well, Anon - you're kinda stomping around in personally delicate territory. What are you saying about those A2K'ers that are serving right now, or have served in the military in the past? That they were let down by their parents?

Snood,

I know I am. I'd say the poor are in a hell of a spot. If course, that's just were the rich want them ... in a hell of a spot. It cuts down on their options, or possibly makes their options nill, except save for signing up. That's one reason I hate the military like I do. It's done to force the kids into the military. Remember my comment to you about "what would we do without our permanent poor"??

There are so many other things we could be doing with that money than killing people for fun and profit. We have our own infrastructure we could be rebuilding. We have New Orleans. We have a freeway system that is crumbling. I could go on forever. In California, their is a levee system that is a hundred years old that is ready to do a New Orleans. When it does, Bush will say "No one warned us"!! Ahnold is out there now trying to ring the alarms, but you wait, it'll take a New Orleans, and then it'll be our fault because nothing was done!! But no, we're waging war for a select few who want to control the middle east so they can get rich, rich, rich. They started this plan in 1992 under Cheney's guidance. This had nothing to do with Terrorism, Saddam, protecting America, or any other of those high minded reasons we have been "sold" by the perennial evil!!

I would consider that with the way the military is run today, that yes, if you let a child join up today ... you've let them down in every way possible.

I think the military today takes a certain type of person to join it, and I'm pretty sure that I would not want to be around a person that would be comfortable joining todays military. I'm afraid that's true!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
Lash wrote:
I'm surprised at my opinion--and it's based on feelings, rather than politics, or even common sense: I don't think recruiters should be able to approach children, without their parents present.

I'd more easily accept a draft and face that set of choices, than for someone to manipulate my child, with me unaware.

I know there are a lot of people, who make the choice to join, and that's great for them--but the majority of 18 year olds (opinion) aren't qualified to make this choice without parental guidance. It's a life and death choice. I gave some recruiters an earful for continuing to call my child after I explicitly told them to stop. He was 17 at the time. They are just like any other salesman. They will lie and distort and paint a rosy picture--they will meet your child without your knowledge--they seem to provide a viable option, sometimes at very vulnerable times in a young person'slife--and that time of life is the most turbulent. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Some people will make that choice, and that's honorable--if they do it with their eyes open, and with an advocate--like a parent, making sure they know everything they need to know. Cruising for them on school campuses is wrong.

Thank You Lash.

There is a lot of that in the searches I ran. There are literally volumes of exactly the types of abuses that you are reciting. The leave-no-child-behind law allows the recruiters access to the kids schedules, both school and after school, cell phones, private numbers, etc. They shown up uninvited, unannounced, and bascially stalk the kids in a way that would make any predator or child molestor look like an amatuer.

It gives me the creeps. I'm not sure how I would react if I had one of those bastards stalking my one of grandchildren. They might just end up in a dumspter in some alley!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:27 pm
snood wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
So snood, you agree that military recruiters are paramount to child molesters?

Nope, I'm just sneering at your opinion, actually.

I'd suggest that you wish to oppress my opinion

snood wrote:
post deleted by author

I'd really like to know what that one said.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:29 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Lets face it, if you have brought your child up well, trained them in what is right and wrong, made sure they have been educated well ... why in the world would they need or want to join the military ??

Anon

Perhaps you should ask Pat Tillman's parents.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:40 pm
Anon:

Quote:
I think the military today takes a certain type of person to join it, and I'm pretty sure that I would not want to be around a person that would be comfortable joining todays military. I'm afraid that's true!

What, exactly do you know about the "type of person" who joins the military? You are being shortsighted, and in any case, you don't need to slam the whole military to make a point about military recruiters on college campuses. I mean "I don't think I'd be comfortable around that kind of person"? Shee!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Lets face it, if you have brought your child up well, trained them in what is right and wrong, made sure they have been educated well ... why in the world would they need or want to join the military ??

Anon

Here's what they think ...

Quote:
Patrick Tillman Sr. believes he will never get the truth, and he says he is resigned to that now. But he wants everyone in the chain of command, from Tillman's direct supervisors to the one-star general who conducted the latest investigation, to face discipline for "dishonorable acts." He also said the soldiers who killed his son have not been adequately punished.

"Maybe lying's not a big deal anymore," he said. "Pat's dead, and this isn't going to bring him back. But these guys should have been held up to scrutiny, right up the chain of command, and no one has."

That their son was famous opened up the situation to problems, the Tillmans say, in part because of the devastating public relations loss his death represented for the military. Mary Tillman says the government used her son for weeks after his death, perpetuating an untrue story to capitalize on his altruism -- just as the Abu Ghraib prison scandal was erupting publicly. She said she was particularly offended when President Bush offered a taped memorial message to Tillman at a Cardinals football game shortly before the presidential election last fall. She again felt as though her son was being used, something he never would have wanted.

"Every day is sort of emotional," Mary Tillman said. "It just keeps slapping me in the face. To find that he was killed in this debacle -- everything that could have gone wrong did -- it's so much harder to take. We should not have been subjected to all of this. This lie was to cover their image. I think there's a lot more yet that we don't even know, or they wouldn't still be covering their tails.

I'd say they're not real happy CJ ...

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:46 pm
Anon, that piece you cite isn't related to the question you posed.

It helps to compare apples to apples.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:55 pm
snood wrote:
Anon:

Quote:

What, exactly do you know about the "type of person" who joins the military? You are being shortsighted, and in any case, you don't need to slam the whole military to make a point about military recruiters on college campuses. I mean "I don't think I'd be comfortable around that kind of person"? Shee!

The person who signs up in todays military has to ...

Sign on to take ANY ORDER ... no matter how illegal or immoral
Sign on to support a war ... no matter how illegal or immoral
Sign on to support the torture of prisoners
Sign on to enforce illegal and immoral detainment of innocent people

and that's not even starters ... I haven't even begun!

We have a President who signs a law about torture, and then adds a signing statement that he won't obey it, which makes it all fine and dandy.

Sorry Snood, I guess it just makes me un-American, but I can't support any of those things. I don't care much for people that can.

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Anon, that piece you cite isn't related to the question you posed.

It helps to compare apples to apples.

I think it says everything about not only how they feel, but whether they would let him sign up again.

Anon
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:59 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

<snip>

Do you think Tillman's parents are failures?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 12:59 pm
I might agree with you anon, if the enemy lived by the same laws and ethics that we hold dear. How do you fight an enemy that will load a doll full of C4 and put it in a daycare center without trampelling on their rights a bit? And why should I care about their rights?

Simple profiling would help a great deal. Everyone is so afraid of the "racist" label they won't even talk about it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:31 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I might agree with you anon, if the enemy lived by the same laws and ethics that we hold dear. How do you fight an enemy that will load a doll full of C4 and put it in a daycare center without trampelling on their rights a bit? And why should I care about their rights?

Simple profiling would help a great deal. Everyone is so afraid of the "racist" label they won't even talk about it.

CJ,

You don't need to ask how I feel about them, do you?? If they had really been the reason for war, you may be able to talk to me about it, but they weren't! You know it, I know it, and regrettably, the world knows it!!

The real problem I have is that we are proving that we are every bit as bad, or worse, than that we claim to have been saving them from, even though that itself was a lie. The whole premise was a lie CJ, and unfortunately, we have been doing it for decades.

Anon

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:38 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

<snip>

You don't? Of course you don't, ... I just had to edit what I typed, because it would get me banned, but it basically was what I thought of you personally as well!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 02:40 pm
I would absolutlely love to see Anon go to the Tillman's house and tell them they are parental failures.

I love a good gun show.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 03:46 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I would absolutlely love to see Anon go to the Tillman's house and tell them they are parental failures.

I love a good gun show.

I'd give you any odds right now CJ that they would not suggest he go again. IF he asked them ... they let him down ... they got him killed.

If you would let your grandchildren go into ANY war knowing what you know about us now, I just don't know what to say to you! All I can say is ... not my family you don't! Not for Dick Cheney and his concept of world domination. Not for that idiot George Bush, and definitely not for the neo-con fascists that care nothing but power and greed.

George and his fascist buddies have a civil war of their own in their own ranks right now, and some of their own neo-con supporters are lamenting about how wrong they were. It's time for the fascists to fess up and admit we were right. The fubared the whole mess CJ, and I'm not sacrificing MY family for the venal FUKS!!

Anon
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 04:56 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

<snip>

You don't? Of course you don't, ... I just had to edit what I typed, because it would get me banned, but it basically was what I thought of you personally as well!!

Anon

I really wish you would type it out again.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:03 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
snood wrote:
Anon:

Quote:

The person who signs up in todays military has to ...

Sign on to support a war ... no matter how illegal or immoral

and that's not even starters ... I haven't even begun!

We have a President who signs a law about torture, and then adds a signing statement that he won't obey it, which makes it all fine and dandy.

Sorry Snood, I guess it just makes me un-American, but I can't support any of those things. I don't care much for people that can.

Anon

First of all,I am glad anon is admitting to be a failure himself,after all,he claims to have served in the military also (although I personally doubt that).

Now,on to what he wrote...
Quote:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The UCMJ and other military laws are quite clear on that.
If you order me to kill innocent people,or burn down someones house,or any other illegal order,I am not required to obey it,nor am I duty bound to obey it.

I suggest you actually read this,instead of assuming things...

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/obeyingorders.htm

Quote:
You might find it educational.

A soldier is not required to support a war he fights in,he is just required to fight.
Not every soldier in WW2 supported it,neither did every soldier in any other war.
But sometimes they have to be fought.

Quote:

WRONG,
I am sworn to uphold the laws of war and to honor the Geneva Convention as it is written.
The fact that torture and mistreatment happens is undeniable,but it is not accepted or forgiven.
Those responsible for the acts ARE punished when caught.

Quote:

WRONG!!!
But first,lets define innocent.
If someone points a gun or otherwise attempts to harm or kill American soldiers,or if they are captured on a battlefield carrying a weapon,they are NOT innocent.
If they are sympathizers,guerrilla fighters,or former soldiers,they present a potential threat and can,under the rules of war,be detained.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 05:12 pm
Quote:
First of all,I am glad anon is admitting to be a failure himself,after all,he claims to have served in the military also (although I personally doubt that).

interesting, very interesting.
0 Replies