Supremes to Colleges: Military Recruiter Bans Illegal

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:57 pm
Ah well, there's a useful new policy. Any organization that has a policy or rule or concept of which you disapprove, let's round up some kids to terrorize, harass, and vandalize them. Seem reasonable don't you think? Unless you think about how many organization have rules of which you probably disapprove.

Could you draw a line specifically marking where one group should be encouraged to commit illegal acts against another group of which they disapprove?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:59 pm
Any personal concept of morality aside, the Constitution and the Solomon act moot your objection, Anon. Not liking a law, for whatever reason, is no excuse for violating that law.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:01 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Ah well, there's a useful new policy. Any organization that has a policy or rule or concept of which you disapprove, let's round up some kids to terrorize, harass, and vandalize them. Seem reasonable don't you think? Unless you think about how many organization have rules of which you probably disapprove.

Could you draw a line specifically marking where one group should be encouraged to commit illegal acts against another group of which they disapprove?

Discrimination is illegal, except for the military. If I, as an employer did the same, it would be my ass in short order!

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:06 pm
Still no justification for disregarding law. Have the moral character to insist upon and accept the consequences of violating the law you choose to dislike and disregard.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:08 pm
Discrimination IS against the law ... the Military violates the law!! If I didn't hire someone on the same basis, the GOVERNMENT would have me punished accordingly!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:19 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
What about the recruiters' rights of free speech? Squelched. Is that okay so long as it's for a cause you support?

When you step up to the plate oh Couch Commander, I'll consider that you may have earned the right to speak! Let me know when you've signed up and reach Iraq!!

Anon
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
What about the recruiters' rights of free speech? Squelched. Is that okay so long as it's for a cause you support?

When you step up to the plate oh Couch Commander, I'll consider that you may have earned the right to speak! Let me know when you've signed up and reach Iraq!!

Anon

I'll let you know when I consider your opinion worth knowing.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:28 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Anon

I'll let you know when I consider your opinion worth knowing.

You apparently thought so as you responded to it! I thought you were going to do me a favor and ignore me. I'm holding you to it, I haven't given you permission to retract that promise!

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:40 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Discrimination IS against the law ... the Military violates the law!! If I didn't hire someone on the same basis, the GOVERNMENT would have me punished accordingly!!

Anon

Immaterial, as by law the Military is granted exemption from that law. Like it or not, thats the law. With rights come resonsibilities and requirements. Chief among those responsibilities is to accept the consequences of one's actions, and submit to the requirements pertaining thereto.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:40 pm
Maybe from now on, I'll just automatically disqualify anyone from my employment consideration that has had recent military service.

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:43 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Maybe from now on, I'll just automatically disqualify anyone from my employment consideration that has had recent military service.

Anon

Absurd. Straw man and non sequitur - no exemption from law authorizing you to do so exists, rendering any such action on your part illegal.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:47 pm
Which, along with advocating illegal assault, battery, and vandalism against 100% legal people and/or policies that you don't like, you're now suggesting you'll break the law yourself by discriminating against people you don't like. Yeah, you're batting a 1000 I think.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:

Anon

Absurd. Straw man and non sequitur - no exemption from law authorizing you to do so exists, rendering any such action on your part illegal.

You're not too happy when the whip cracks back the other way, are you!! Strawman my booty, we're talking equal treatment!! It's no more morally reprehensible than what the Services do. Hey, don't ask, don't tell!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:55 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Which, along with advocating illegal assault, battery, and vandalism against 100% legal people and/or policies that you don't like, you're now suggesting you'll break the law yourself by discriminating against people you don't like. Yeah, you're batting a 1000 I think.

Equal treatment ... Would you like to know what has been done to Gays in the Military? You're breaking my heart ... I may not make it through the night Crying or Very sad

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:38 pm
Anon, you may be unaware of my position re gays in the military - or in any other segment of society, for that matter. I don't give a damn who an adult cares to have adult consenting sex with anymore than I care which if any adult beverage an adult might prefer, so long as any such behavior be conducted in an adult, responsible manner and be not proselytized, flagrantly flaunted, egregiously overindulged, or otherwise abused. I have no more regard for "Don't ask, don't tell" than have you, I assure you, other than the regard respect for existing law imposes.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Anon, you may be unaware of my position re gays in the military - or in any other segment of society, for that matter. I don't give a damn who an adult cares to have adult consenting sex with anymore than I care which if any adult beverage an adult might prefer, so long as any such behavior be conducted in an adult, responsible manner and be not proselytized, flagrantly flaunted, egregiously overindulged, or otherwise abused. I have no more regard for "Don't ask, don't tell" than have you, I assure you, other than the regard respect for existing law imposes.

I already knew that Timber, I wasn 't talking about you!

Anon
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:58 pm
Cool - I figured you did know that, and pretty much just wanted to put it out there for others. No hard feelings, no foul, no harm.

Love ya, man Mr. Green
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:15 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
When the Military stops discriminating against Gays, perhaps they'll have a moral leg to stand on. Until then, let them sell their lies from the gutter where they belong.

Anon

Freedom of speech or of travel
is not dependent upon acceptance of homosexuality.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:22 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Cool - I figured you did know that, and pretty much just wanted to put it out there for others. No hard feelings, no foul, no harm.

Love ya, man Mr. Green
[/b]

I told ya before Timber, you're the man! That doesn't mean I ain't gonna argue with ya and give ya a hotfoot every once in a while!!

Anon
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:22 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
The Good Guys Win One!!!

SANTA CRUZ
Military recruiters, confronted by crowd, leave campus job fair
Anti-war protesters at university block doors to building

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/12/BAG3KI7INT1.DTL

Anon

This guy must have LOVED George Wallace in 1963.

When u don 't like what people r doing,
block their paths.
David
0 Replies