Supremes to Colleges: Military Recruiter Bans Illegal

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:17 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
First of all,I am glad anon is admitting to be a failure himself,after all,he claims to have served in the military also (although I personally doubt that).

interesting, very interesting.

MM forgets the draft ... he's a real thinker :wink:

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:20 pm
Tico,

Don't really need to Tico ... you get the jest of it!!

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 08:24 pm
Come on, go to the Tillman's house. I know some OLN folks who would love to film it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 09:24 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Come on, go to the Tillman's house. I know some OLN folks who would love to film it.

Since you are interested in the mood around the Tillmans, I thought this may interest you! You'll notice none of it has anything to do with getting youth to join the military! Matter of fact, quite the opposite!!

http://www.pattillmanfoundation.net/

http://www.pattillmanfoundation.net/about/focus.php

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:11 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:
First of all,I am glad anon is admitting to be a failure himself,after all,he claims to have served in the military also (although I personally doubt that).

interesting, very interesting.

MM forgets the draft ... he's a real thinker :wink:

Anon

I didnt forget the draft.
You claimed that perverts,child rapists,and other losers serve in the military,and you also admit you served.
So,which one are you?

It doesnt matter how or why you served,you did serve.
So,what kind of pervert are you?

Also,I notice you didnt respond to my rebuttal of each of your claims.
Why is that?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
MM,

Because you're not worth the time or effort.

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
MM,

Anon

In other words,you KNOW you were wrong and dont want to admit it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 10:28 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
MM,

Anon

In other words,you KNOW you were wrong and dont want to admit it.

Nope, you're unworthy of a response. You can read this though ... not that you can understand it!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70799&highlight=

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 05:14 am
Then why do you keep responding?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 06:23 am
I know you are but what am I?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 10:02 am
Parents should indeed talk with their children, know what their children's interests are, know what their children are thinking. But to think that kids are somehow more coerced by military recruiters than they are by police departments or fire departments or the oil industry or medical research facilities or sports organizations or any other profession with large and small personal risk is simply ludicrous.

You know what? All recruiters are going to spell out the opportunities for fame, glory, and/or substantial rewards. All recruiters do not dwell on the yucky downside that every job has nor on the fact that only the best, brightest, or possibily luckiest get as much as they hope for.

To think that military recruiters are somehow more dishonest representing their organization than are any others simply doesn't carry water.

Parents may do their kids a service by filling in the details and making sure they have good information before they choose. But nobody does kids any service by limiting exposure to only what is considered to be politically correct by the school. And very few of us can say that our life choices were dictated to us by our parents.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 11:46 am
Having enlisted in the Army, and on the basis of anecdotal evidence of that experience, and the experience of many other former members of the military with whom i have spoken over the years, it is painfully obvious that military recruiters have a greater incentive to dishonesty.

If someone enlists, and specifies an MOS in which they wish to be trained, they can be trained in that MOS, but then trained in another MOS and assigned in the latter MOS. They can be trained in the MOS, and assigned elsewhere to be given an MOS based on OJT. Most enlistment guarantees are notoriously dishonest, in that recruiters don't tell prospective enlistees that even if guaranteed a specific training, that guarantee does not entail a guarantee of being assigned in that MOS.

Military recruiters simply need warm bodies, and care most about securing warm bodies. However, recruiters for corporations, for example, are concerned to get someone who is qualified. Military recruiters just want a living, warm body, and they'll let Personnel worry about it once the chump has signed on the dotted line.

It is really pathetic to see how many people in the world seem to think that all things are best ordered for everyone's needs and happiness--how many people stupidly allege that god's in his heaven, and all's right with the world.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:04 am
I think Setanta is naive. All organizations put their best foot forward. He may not be aware of it but there have been many people who volunteered MAINLY for the educational benefits afterwards.

If Setanta thinks it is stupid to think that God's in his heaven, I suggest Zoloft. It is a boon for congenital pessimists and naysayers.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:06 am
<pulls up lawn chair>
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:29 am
Lash wrote:
<pulls up lawn chair>

Did you bring popcorn??

Anon
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:41 am
Couple of beer...

Help yourself.

Looks like delay of game until tomorrow, though.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 08:04 am
Oooh mele, I may skip the ACC Tournament just to see Setanta's reply...
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:19 pm
snood- Try a good film by Spike Lee. His best one was "School Daze"
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 01:17 am
mele42846 wrote:
snood- Try a good film by Spike Lee. His best one was "School Daze"

Oh, gee - really? You think I might know something about his work, since I'm using him for an avatar?
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:16 am
People like Anon and Walter Hint apparently are not aware just how many "adjustments" have been forced on the schools of this country if they receive any type of Federal Funds.

Would you like to start with Elementary Schools????

They are so constricted by legalisms with regard to their spending of federal monies that they can hardly breathe.

But, Anon need not fear. The righteous polpulace will rise up and elect a new House and Senatein2006( not) but they will NOT change the unanimous 8-0 ruling of the Supreme Court.

Those who say President Bush has done nothing important will have to look, for starters, to the decisions issued from the USSC in the next ten and twenty years as Judges Roberts and Alito sharpen their pencils.
0 Replies