Is homosexuality a bad thing?

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 08:09 am
I do agree that will power can be a friend or an enemy. Sometimes we will ourselves to go into territory with a fearless abandon. Love can be that way. It can be damaging if unrequited. In BBM, Jack's love is basically unrequited no matter what the reasons for Ennis' lack of commitment (was it all his own homophobia?). I meant to credit Fran Leibowitz with the paraphrasing of the "love is a drug," although I agree that it is. It's a change in body chemistry, including endorphines, even if intellectually we know better than to get involved with a certain person.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:12 pm
As I noted on another thread, the Greeks called love the Divine Madness. And I'm confident they were not referring only to heterolove.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:42 pm
Quote:
I meant to credit Fran Leibowitz with the paraphrasing of the "love is a drug," although I agree that it is. It's a change in body chemistry, including endorphines, even if intellectually we know better than to get involved with a certain person.

Absolutely. The love that we "will" knowingly and intellectually is something quite different from JL's Divine Madness and Leibowitz' Love Drug. The love that changes you chemically is indeed madness, making you do wondrous things that you did not know were in you. This is the love that makes you leave your spouse whom you love with the best will in the world.

Interesting thought, Lightwizard, about Ennis' possible homophobia which might have been the push-pull that drove him.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:51 pm
Push-pull?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 08:02 pm
Pulled toward the man he loved. Pushed away because of the taught-from-birth, from community and culture, that men don't do men. Pull of love overcomes push of society.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:02 pm
Well put, Kara.
It's good when my childish acts provoke such adult responses.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 09:06 pm
Is sexuality spiritual?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 01:27 pm
Rexred,

I don't know how sexuality, which is a condition or "ability," if you will, could be spiritual except as one choses to think it so. And what would spiritual be, in this sense?

Do you mean endowing the sex act with a sacred meaning? Some religions restrict acceptable sexual coupling to a "sacramental" married state.

I suppose you could find some individuals who think the sex act itself is sacred, but they might have had particularly felicitous joinings.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:21 pm
Kara wrote:
Rexred,

I don't know how sexuality, which is a condition or "ability," if you will, could be spiritual except as one choses to think it so. And what would spiritual be, in this sense?

Do you mean endowing the sex act with a sacred meaning? Some religions restrict acceptable sexual coupling to a "sacramental" married state.

I suppose you could find some individuals who think the sex act itself is sacred, but they might have had particularly felicitous joinings.

Thanks for your insightful response Kara...

Let me clarify...

Are we in control of our bodies during a sexual act or are "spirits" in control?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:02 am
RexRed wrote:
Let me clarify...

Are we in control of our bodies during a sexual act or are "spirits" in control?

I'd like to respond to this question, but I'm afraid you'll have to clarify even more. Spirits as in alcohol? Sometimes, yeah... Laughing But I'm sure that's not what you meant and unfortunately, that's all I'm sure of as to the meaning of what your question.
0 Replies

pangheping

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 08:53 pm
i don't understand why some people like homosexuality,because it violates human biological nature.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 09:11 pm
I hope RexRed answers that question.

pang, homosexuality does not violate human biological nature. It is part of it. Homosexuals must belong on the spectrum of human sexuality. There is a natural role for these human beings in the biological world order, and we see such sexually ambiguous beings in other species.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 25 May, 2006 10:19 pm
Is sexuality purely biological?

Human sexuality is spiritual and it is God who joins people not the government.

The government is needed to protect the adolescents until they are old enough to make an uncoerced choice of sexuality... Also to maintain laws to see that adult sexuality is not brought to the level of total decadence and danger to public health in general. I personally do not agree with the "sex in the city" mentality but I do not begrudge others this if this is all they feel their lives are worthy of.
0 Replies

pangheping

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:21 am
Kara wrote:
I hope RexRed answers that question.

pang, homosexuality does not violate human biological nature. It is part of it. Homosexuals must belong on the spectrum of human sexuality. There is a natural role for these human beings in the biological world order, and we see such sexually ambiguous beings in other species.

What 's the purpose of human sexuality?I think it is first to reproduce,and the second just for fun or any other things.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 03:51 am
Homosexuality does not seem to violate any human biological nature. It is present in nature amongst all the other animals.
0 Replies

pangheping

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 06:40 am
I do think homosexuality is a bad or at least an abnormal thing for the
lifes of the people concerned.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:36 am
pangheping wrote:
I do think homosexuality is a bad or at least an abnormal thing for the
lifes of the people concerned.

If you are not a homosexual then you are qualified to make that assessment or judgment... Sexuality is a personal choice. The only bad thing I see about homosexuality is the stigmas that society have placed upon it. Prejudice and intolerance is by far worse than homosexuality. Homosexuality is both a part of nature and thus natural.

It is breeders fathering bastard children that I take offence to...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:41 am
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/5/25/161947.shtml?s=et

Homophobia... an illness.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:46 am
Well, at least Schwarzenneger is FOR going green. I guess you can't have everything in this world...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 07:52 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Well, at least Schwarzenneger is FOR going green. I guess you can't have everything in this world...

Most people are for going green but we don't need Al Gore to do it...
0 Replies