Is homosexuality a bad thing?

djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Guess who wrote the Constitution, people right ? not Aliens...

can you prove that's true, cause they're all dead, and anybody that can vouch for them is dead, so really they could have been aliens
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 10:57 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Survival of the fittest in Darwinism has intrinsically adjacent the notion of self preservation...the first form of property you do really have in conjunction with Identity (who you are to your own eyes)
Yes Humpty Dumpty. I realize words mean whatever you want them to mean. It doesn't make your argument rational or sound however. It only means you change meanings as you want to.

Quote:
Fights for Territorial possession, a common trade[sic] among animals, are not that much different from fights between countries.

Actually, it's quite a bit different.
If we were animals I could kill you and live in your house and not have any worries other than someone stronger coming along.
As a person living under law, I have relinquished my rights to kill you just because I am stronger. I have agreed to a social contract that property is owned by you not because you are the strongest but because doing so protects my property. While you could argue that the social contract allows humans to survive, it has little to do with evolution on a macro scale.

Quote:
and even in a more abstract sense fights between prevailing ideas...is always a question of territory, be it physical or intellectual ! Thus also a question of which ideals/concepts will prevail/dominate in a Darwinian sense...
There is no "Darwinian" sense when it comes to abstract ideas. Ideas don't survive based on being the most fit nor do unfit ideas die off. They just get recycled and pushed under a different guise.

Quote:
Last but not least, to say that this "factual fact" as absolutely nothing to do with the specificity of US law given it is a Universal structural analysis on the very Nature of LAW itself and how it comes to be.
Except your "factual fact" is nothing more than your opinion. An opinion that has been disputed by many philosophers over the last many centuries.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:36 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
Survival of the fittest in Darwinism has intrinsically adjacent the notion of self preservation...the first form of property you do really have in conjunction with Identity (who you are to your own eyes)
Yes Humpty Dumpty. I realize words mean whatever you want them to mean. It doesn't make your argument rational or sound however. It only means you change meanings as you want to.

Quote:
Fights for Territorial possession, a common trade[sic] among animals, are not that much different from fights between countries.

Actually, it's quite a bit different.
If we were animals I could kill you and live in your house and not have any worries other than someone stronger coming along.
As a person living under law, I have relinquished my rights to kill you just because I am stronger. I have agreed to a social contract that property is owned by you not because you are the strongest but because doing so protects my property. While you could argue that the social contract allows humans to survive, it has little to do with evolution on a macro scale.

Quote:
and even in a more abstract sense fights between prevailing ideas...is always a question of territory, be it physical or intellectual ! Thus also a question of which ideals/concepts will prevail/dominate in a Darwinian sense...
There is no "Darwinian" sense when it comes to abstract ideas. Ideas don't survive based on being the most fit nor do unfit ideas die off. They just get recycled and pushed under a different guise.

Quote:
Last but not least, to say that this "factual fact" as absolutely nothing to do with the specificity of US law given it is a Universal structural analysis on the very Nature of LAW itself and how it comes to be.
Except your "factual fact" is nothing more than your opinion. An opinion that has been disputed by many philosophers over the last many centuries.

Dumb away your "Humpty" you foolish ignorant ass...that won´t save you from getting kicked all the way down to your tree...

1 - Amazing that your basic perception and conception of strength is actually limited to physical strength ? Oh boy, you are a laugh !
let me just teach you that in order to kill me you need not "kill" me physically...if you as others, are more successful than I am, and in consequence of my inadaptation I am marginalized to the fringes of Society, given the right time my genes won´t survive.
LAW just stablish the boundaries in which we are to compete, does n´t erase them...

2 - Its notorious that you don´t have a clue on how Neo-Darwinists explain Social behaviour in terms of protecting their genes through cooperation...do some reading fool !...( You may start with Ants or Bees...)

3 - Its obviously True that many ideas are recycled and don´t immediately disappear, just as it is also true that in the evolution of species, many design concepts were recreated time and again...this does n´t mean that species don´rt die despite of many core concepts passing on in a parallel process...you must distinguish different layers of analyse when it comes to compare evolution of species with evolution of sensory organs...equally, Ideas can be recreated but not exactly in the same terms they were brought up in the past...guess what that´s evolution again !

Finally to say that you are no more then a ignorant moron who does n´t have a clue on almost anything, just trying to make a linear castle of concepts build on air for the sake of saving is ass in public...You have failed !
I could very easily point you a dozen links that relate Evolution to almost everything in our world, but for the purpose of lecturing you, I can just stick with Herbert Spencer the actual "inventor" of the concept of Evolution (not Darwin)

Get lost !
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think it's pretty clear by this point that you are just another Troll.

Cycloptichorn
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Spencer was educated in empirical science by his father, while the members of the Derby Philosophical Society introduced him to pre-Darwinian concepts of biological evolution, particularly those of Erasmus Darwin and Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I think it's pretty clear by this point that you are just another Troll
with "troll" being defined as a poster you dont want to deal with.....in this case likely because you dont feel that you have the skills to go against them in debate without looking foolish.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:54 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
...Wishful thinking... Mr. Green
Your "Humpty Dumpty" friend, and you with your "decent English" remarks instead of solid argument, are the ones who "Troll around" your ignorance...

I am out of the Thread "cowboy" ! You just are not in my league...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear by this point that you are just another Troll
with "troll" being defined as a poster you dont want to deal with.....in this case likely because you dont feel that you have the skills to go against them in debate without looking foolish.

You wish. Though I can see why it's important for you to think that, Hawk, in order to maintain your self-image.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...Wishful thinking... Mr. Green
Your "Humpty Dumpty" friend, and you with your "decent English" remarks instead of solid argument, are the ones who "Troll around" your ignorance...

I am out of the Thread "cowboy" ! You just are not in my league...

You keep saying this, but for some reason you haven't left the thread.

In your case, I both wrecked your arguments AND pointed out how shitty your English is. Those are two distinct items.

You seem far more interested in insulting people than you do actually producing logical and intelligible sentences to support your position. This is the very definition of a Troll.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 12:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
Lamarck concept of Evolution was utterly wrong therefore is out of the picture...Spencer was the one who did get it right !
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
The understanding of evolution will for always gain a greater understanding as time goes by.
Is this not how all theories progress? Smile
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
Indeed !... Wink
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
1 - Amazing that your basic perception and conception of strength is actually limited to physical strength ? Oh boy, you are a laugh !
let me just teach you that in order to kill me you need not "kill" me physically...if you as others, are more successful than I am, and in consequence of my inadaptation I am marginalized to the fringes of Society, given the right time my genes won´t survive.

Except that isn't quite true based on the reality of which segments of society are reproducing the most. It is the marginalized and lower class people that reproduce at high rates.

Quote:
2 - Its notorious that you don´t have a clue on how Neo-Darwinists explain Social behaviour in terms of protecting their genes through cooperation...do some reading fool !..
I understand full well how cooperation plays a part in evolution but that has nothing to do with how the laws treat gays. I asked you to show why it applies and rather than doing so you call me names.

Quote:
3 - Its obviously True that many ideas are recycled and don´t immediately disappear, just as it is also true that in the evolution of species, many design concepts were recreated time and again...this does n´t mean that species don´rt die despite of many core concepts passing on in a parallel process...you must distinguish different layers of analyse when it comes to compare evolution of species with evolution of sensory organs...equally, Ideas can be recreated but not exactly in the same terms they were brought up in the past...guess what that´s evolution again !
No, that isn't biological evolution. While ideas can evolve over time it has nothing to do with biology. You claimed it was about biology and evolution which implies you are talking about biological evolution. Now you want to introduce biological traits that come and go in various species as some kind of "design concept". The whole point of evolution is there is no design to it.

You can't seem to tell the difference between biology and philosophy.
You can't seem to tell the difference between human ideas and physical traits in species.

Quote:
Finally to say that you are no more then a ignorant moron who does n´t have a clue on almost anything, just trying to make a linear castle of concepts build on air for the sake of saving is ass in public...You have failed !
I don't think I have failed. I may not understand but you can't seem to express yourself in a fashion that would enlighten me or anyone else. Instead of trying to enlighten me, you call me names, you mix up the meanings of words, you act in a childish fashion. If anyone is failing, it is you because you simply can't express yourself in a clear and concise fashion.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:28 pm
@parados,
"DESIGN CONCEPT" was not meant neither about Intelligent Design at all...

For instance "Eyes" "Hears" or "Legs" are a design concept re-invented time and again...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:35 pm
@parados,
You're very kind to continue to attempt to interpret, and respond to, FilA's postings.
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

"DESIGN CONCEPT" was not meant neither about Intelligent Design at all...

For instance Eyes or hears or legs are a design concept re-invented time and again...

Except they weren't "invented" or re-invented. They appear time and again but that is not an invention. It is merely a chance mutation retained because it is beneficial or not detrimental for survival.

Either you are claiming it was designed by thought or you are not using the word "invent" correctly. Either way it leads us to question your statement as not being accurate.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:39 pm
@parados,
1 - I do believe you meant to question the method of invention, not invention itself...

2 - If it is somewhat NEW, then it is "invented", of course, by Nature, not "Santa"...who else ?

3 - As for what the word "random" actually addresses, well that would be an entirely new Thread...
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:42 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No, the English language doesn't use "invent' that way.

Quote:
2. to devise by thinking

3. to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment

All of nature exists without any of it being invented. Nature doesn't think. It doesn't have an imagination.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:46 pm
@parados,
Quote:
All of nature exists without any of it being invented. Nature doesn't think. It doesn't have an imagination.

I would be actually quite thrilled to have a tenth of the "imagination" nature seams to show...(think out of the box...or should I say "closet" ? my poor English oh dear ! Wink ) (Concepts don´t work the way you want them to...neither does language !)
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:52 pm
@ehBeth,
We all are sure your "discrete" remark was so kindly intended...more "Humpty Dumpty" I guess...
0 Replies