Is homosexuality a bad thing?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:11 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You ignore the real concept that the government has to show an overriding interest to impose any discrimination. You can argue all you want to about social contracts and social stereotypes it doesn't change the law's requirements before it can discriminate. The law can't use a social stereotype as an excuse to discriminate based on court precedents and earlier rulings.

Really ??? What do you think makes the Law change or History books for the record ? Justice ? HA HA HA !!! Perspective ! which is property...
I think you really must read a bit more upon Newtonian Physics to understand in depth and with adequate clarity about stuff as "push" and "pull" forces fields and so on...Justice is a very subjective concept indeed...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:14 pm
@parados,
You dumb ass...what do you think it means TERRITORIAL DISPUTE if not the conservation of Property
(TERRITORY that is !)

Your compartmentalising box thinking flows ignorance !
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Quote:
"All men are created equal and that all are guaranteed equal protection under the law"

1 - All men are equal and that all are guaranteed equal protection under the law only states that all men under similar circumstances are entitled to the same norms...what else ?
Laughing Really? Can you site where you got that language from? (Nope.)

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
You seam to be a little bit confused on many issues concerning what the LAW is all about...I can empathise why, you lack the rightful distance to judge better...
Laughing Dude, I manage a law firm for a living and if you're implying I'm gay you've erred again.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Ultimately you just sound like a communist with these deliberate confusions between what Equality and Equity stands for...maybe we just should start patenting the concepts that are socially created by a specific group to prevent "piracy" from catching on...
Laughing What pray tell does communism have to do with the subject at hand? (And does the rest of that paragraph actually make any sense to you?)

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
make no mistakes, if you know anything about Biology and Evolution you should comprehend that Law is about Territorial dispute build upon diversity of options...(PROPERTY)
Laughing I think I've read enough from you.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:46 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Lawyer ??? I pity your clients...Oh dear !
See you around cowboy ! Mr. Green
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 09:57 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
No, I’m no a lawyer… but I've probably read more case law than you've read, period. Hell, I've probably written more than you've read. Learn how to carry a thought long enough to write a coherent paragraph and maybe we'll converse again.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:17 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
No, I’m no a lawyer… but I've probably read more case law than you've read, period. Hell, I've probably written more than you've read. Learn how to carry a thought long enough to write a coherent paragraph and maybe we'll converse again.

You think I give a damn about your curriculum ???
Authority ? out of your poor small minded thinking ?
You don´t grasp the BASICS upon the nature of LAW !
Not a clue on its intrinsic Philosophy, how it comes to be...
You are but a typical middle class technocrat, not an Intellectual !
Your reaction is just typical...inter-disciplinarian reasoning, ZERO !!!

I live in Coimbra a small city with the 3 oldest University in Europe !
(900 years old)
...And LAW school is one of the "speciality´s" on the house...more, I have several Lawyers in the family, my girlfriend is one them, and I´m used to debate this issues with Chatedratic Professors my friend...I don´t need your approval or understanding in any possible sense...Actually I´m better of without your sympathy, we just don´t belong to the same neighbourhood...
Go figure...the authoritative move after what you just have written...
...people can read you know, and think, which is more then can be said of you...

Post Scriptum - Your move on my English deficiency´s is just cheap court technique were you try to hide your resonating ignorance...hopefully clever people will see that straight away !
mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:38 pm
I will say this again.

If you think homosexuality is bad, then its bad and nothing will change your mind.
If you dont think its bad, then its not bad and nothing will change your mind.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
I live in Coimbra a small city with the 3 oldest University in Europe !
(900 years old)
Make that 720, for those who bother to learn what they're talking about before making asses of themselves. Still pretty damned old though.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Post Scriptum - Your move on my English deficiency´s is just cheap court technique were you try to hide your resonating ignorance...hopefully clever people will see that straight away !
I spend very little time in court, and always second chair if I’m there at all. You have my apologies for hacking on your English deficiency; that is a cheap shot. But I really don't see how even in translation you can jump from subject to subject within the same sentence and think you're making sense. Probably best not to argue subjects you’re unfamiliar with, but whatever. Neat looking place you're from. Love them cobblestone roads.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 10:56 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I will say this again.

If you think homosexuality is bad, then its bad and nothing will change your mind.
You can stop saying that now, because it's nonsense. I used to think homosexuality was bad, and now I'm indifferent to it. If memory serves, Robert changed his mind too. Not everyone's mind is closed.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:07 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
That was an approximation... for several times it moved on to Lisbon...A mess !

As for jumping subjects with no sense you are yet to make a case on its inconsistency's...
I can go with patience through them one by one if you want me to...unfortunately I easily assumed you would get to what I was at, or on how Darwinism plays a part on prevailing systems of meaning that naturally through tradition give rise to legislation...Romans knew all about it, once Roman Law would often condescend with local practices to an extent...
Not to far from Biology given how deep we look at it...Jus-Naturalism makes an interesting study theory if we are ever to bring Man from the old rotten dichotomy natural vs artificial ! Simple and plain reasoning...

Glad you love Coimbra !
See you around.
Best regards>FILIPE DE ALBUQUERQUE
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:31 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You'll have to trust me (or not) that some of your short versions make no sense at all. I can see that your points would probably flow much better in Portuguese... but they didn't translate well... mostly because my points were U.S. law specific, so your counterpoints would be all but irrelevant regardless of how well articulated. No real reason you should have known that either, I suppose. Your English is actually very good; so good in fact that it’s not immediately apparent that you're not thinking in English. Cheers.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 11:40 pm
@mysteryman,
I certainly don´t think Homosexuality is bad in any possible sense...although I certainly think its different...yet diversity has its role on our World !
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:11 am
Wow! This thread has turned into irrational ground zero. I think I read back and somebody even called OCCAM BILL a communist. My jaw agape, I assure you.

William - I'd love to reply to your precious post, but frankly it's bat **** crazy. Feel free to assign whatever motive you like to my choice.

Fil Albuquerque - As I'm sure you can probably guess, this is a pretty common topic already. Do you really believe you can bring anything new to the table to justify legal discrimination? Beyond that, the legality isn't even what Rex asked about. He asked if it was a bad thing.

A
R
T
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:22 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Wow! This thread has turned into irrational ground zero. I think I read back and somebody even called OCCAM BILL a communist. My jaw agape, I assure you.
That is a hoot, isn't it? Especially to you, I'd imagine. Wink
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 06:44 am
Oh c'mon O'Bill - we all know you're one of them AMURican-hatin', flag-burnin, fag-and-negro-lovin' commie pinko DYEgenerates. Just admit it.
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 06:46 am
That is just incredibly ridiculous . . . ever'body knows Bill is a Nazi . . .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 07:04 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What does conservation of property have to do with biology or evolution?

Quote:

Your compartmentalising box thinking flows ignorance !

Damn that language thing, eh Humpty?
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 07:13 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Quote:
You ignore the real concept that the government has to show an overriding interest to impose any discrimination. You can argue all you want to about social contracts and social stereotypes it doesn't change the law's requirements before it can discriminate. The law can't use a social stereotype as an excuse to discriminate based on court precedents and earlier rulings.

Really ??? What do you think makes the Law change or History books for the record ? Justice ? HA HA HA !!! Perspective ! which is property...
I think you really must read a bit more upon Newtonian Physics to understand in depth and with adequate clarity about stuff as "push" and "pull" forces fields and so on...Justice is a very subjective concept indeed...

But you are arguing about US law which you seem to know nothing about. It doesn't move at the whim of force fields. It has a certain clarity that is easy to understand if you bother to take the time to investigate. That clarity is that the state has to show an overriding interest before it can discriminate. That means the law can't use a social stereotype as an excuse to discriminate.

Quote:
Justice is a very subjective concept indeed
It may be somewhat subjective but in the US it has rules that are designed to prevent capricious subjectivity.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:16 am
@snood,
Laughing @ Snood & Set.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:58 am
@parados,
Quote:
What does conservation of property have to do with biology or evolution?

Allot !!!
Survival of the fittest in Darwinism has intrinsically adjacent the notion of self preservation...the first form of property you do really have in conjunction with Identity (who you are to your own eyes)

Or do you really believe that formal human Law´s are that much different from the Rules of Nature ? If you do, you are delusional ! We live in this World, a natural World ! not elsewhere...

Fights for Territorial possession, a common trade among animals, are not that much different from fights between countries...and even in a more abstract sense fights between prevailing ideas...is always a question of territory, be it physical or intellectual ! Thus also a question of which ideals/concepts will prevail/dominate in a Darwinian sense...

Human Law which is by its own nature reactive and not pro-active, rules upon majority´s beliefs, communal values, tradition, and mass behaviour...the very reason because LAW in US as in any other country is different from anywhere else...which in its turn is directly linked to the IDENTITY (intellectual common property) of a Country...

Last but not least, to say and reinforce the idea that this comparative "factual fact" between Natural Law and Human Law, as absolutely nothing to do with the specificity of US legislation, given it is a Universal structural analysis on the very Nature of LAW itself and how it comes to be.