djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 01:55 pm
i'm still waiting for my answer

http://able2know.org/topic/70384-26#post-4369374
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I would be actually quite thrilled to have a tenth of the "imagination" nature seams to show...(think out of the box...or should I say "closet" ? my poor English oh dear ! Wink ) (Concepts don´t work the way you want them to...neither does language !)

And I suppose you point to a cavalo and call it a vaca and then berate anyone that tries to correct you.

Language works a specific way Fil whether you want it to or not. There is a reason why I called you Humpty Dumpty. If you want to make up meanings for words then you won't be able to communicate with others because they will have no idea what you are talking about.

You aren't as smart as you think you are since you didn't catch the reference to Humpty Dumpty..
Through the Looking Glass - Chapter 6
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:06 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'm still waiting for my answer

http://able2know.org/topic/70384-26#post-4369374

The devil had aliens to do his dirty work for him! lol
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:24 pm
@parados,
Let me just convey an extremely simple idea...

1 - ...If nature does n´t invent and Man is a natural being, then Man does n´t invent either...the other way around is more then sound !

2 - The problem goes not between English and Portuguese even if indeed there are two "languages" being spoken around here...
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Let me just convey an extremely simple idea...

1 - ...If nature does n´t invent and Man is a natural being, then Man does n´t invent either...the other way around is more then sound !

So, you decide you can just change the meaning of words. OK, that means we can't communicate because you refuse to use standard definitions.

Man invents because the word describes what man does when he thinks and creates something. Simple idea - check a dictionary before you use a word. It will give you a clue as to how others expect you to use the word. When you use the word in other ways, others will probably not understand your meaning.
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:52 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
When you use the word in other ways, others will probably not understand your meaning.

Or care . . .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:52 pm
@parados,
I did not mention that such language is particularly mine, but implied its restriction to a particular group...then there is the "other" language...such is life !

Link: http://www.ted.com/talks/janine_benyus_shares_nature_s_designs.html
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:58 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Yes, and.....
Are you now arguing that nature is designed?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:05 pm
@parados,
No I arguing that Nature is the "Designer" !
There´s no "Santa" behind Nature !
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:08 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No, man is using nature as inspiration.

And you called me stupid.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:14 pm
@parados,
Maybe you just not willing to pay attention...or open for new perspective, even when you don´t share it...I don´t know you, so I have no way of telling how stupid you are in fact...hope not to much really... I would be wasting my time yet I´m still here somehow...
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:19 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Maybe you just not willing to pay attention...or open for new perspective, even when you don´t share it...I don´t know you, so I have no way of telling how stupid you are in fact...hope not to much really... I would be wasting my time yet I´m still here somehow...

wow, pot meet kettle
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,

A new perspective? I don't think I need a new perspective. I have used nature as inspiration for design work. I also know that if I want to use something from nature, I have to do the work to use it whether it is for design or to physically incorporate it into a finished piece.

Frankly, it seems to be you that is unwilling to view homosexuality with anything but your biased opinion. Anyone that disagrees with you, you label as gay. Anyone that questions your statements you label stupid. You should open your eyes and see something other than yourself sometime. Obviously you aren't paying much attention to anything other than yourself.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:53 pm
@parados,
For the third time, I have nothing against gay people...if it was the case of a specific gay institution that was being assaulted I would be making exactly the same argument in defence of gay rights...you jump to conclusions all to often and that is the first reason for dragging this conflictual attitude for so many pages...
parados

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:04 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I didn't jump to conclusions. I simply took you at your word.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
my problem resumes with their attitude towards non-gay, the majority by the way, (you seam to forget the obvious) assaulting their millenarian traditions and cultural processes.

Clearly you have an opinion about gays. I think it is biased. You certainly aren't willing to look at it from a different perspective.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:12 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You certainly aren't willing to look at it from a different perspective.
here you are using "look" as others claim that I dont "hear". I think it is clear that unless you hear the other person say "you might be right parados" that you dont feel like you have been heard, because you have in your mind twisted being heard into being validated. sometimes you are heard, and your assertion or argument is rejected outright. It is not the fault of your opponent that the case you presented was so weak. You should attempt to take some ownership of your flaws rather than working so hard to transfer them to innocent people around you.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:16 pm
@parados,
I do have to admit that I was looking at your replies close to how Parados was. Maye we do have a language type of problem!
I do not have the answer but only questions so please forgive me if I come across the wrong way.

I did ask a question and no one would respond so I thought that they were sticking to their confirmation biases! My question was!

I am really amazed by all the anti-gay remarks!
I would like to ask a question to all those who are anti-gay, this will have to be a hypothetical question as I do not have any other way of asking it!

If your mother and father were good to you growing up I would like for you to try and imagine that they had adopted you. You do love them correct? I sure hope so.
Now try and amagine that they were both males, I do know that this is a twist of the mind but I am only asking you to try.
If these same two people who have raised you both had penises would you have less respect for them than what you do now only because they both have penises?
Would you think of your mother and father the same as you think of gay people today? Would they have less value to you even though they shared their lifes with you?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:21 pm
@parados,
This problem is not specifically gay but rather very typical in minority´s...
They tend to capture and adapt cultural symbols from majority´s instead of forwarding their own, thus favouring a "mono-grey" sense of equality in place of diversity and creativity...

The central issue to me is the rightful defence through legislation of gay relationships which are equally entitled to be protected by the State...beyond that we are under the topic of "pirating" ideals and concepts which by definition are not gay...
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
My question was

yes
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:23 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
beyond that we are under the topic of "pirating" ideals and concepts which by definition are not gay...

have you ever been to a wedding, outside of a broadway musical it's about the gayest event going
0 Replies