Is homosexuality a bad thing?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:25 pm
@William,
Quoting William -
"there is no love other than what a man and a woman should have for each other"

There is none so blind as those who cannot see. (or, sea, as may happen)
RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:42 pm
Well consider this, If there is a God, this God said, I will make this person gay. And I was born gay in a world that is sometimes unaccepting of that. Though, instead of me feeling dejected by society I cannot in some ways see my current state as a benefit. I love being gay... The majority of the world sees things a certain way. And I am privileged to be part of a unique part of our species that thinks otherwise.

It is not that I know how to interior decorate well... but, that I am part of an entire physiognomy of evolution, a sacred rite, a speciality, a rare and unique individual. When I am with my partner we understand this difference. It is what is natural to us. I don't need to flaunt my sexuality and walk hand in hand down the street, I like to show my good natured character, artistry, talent. drama in a constructive and provocative way. Diverse sexuality is a natural part of the way our species is meant to be.

We could go back to when marriages were prearranged and people often committed suicide rather than marry. Or, adults can mutually fall in love in what is a more "natural" and "sacred" way, by following their own heart.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:49 pm
@ossobuco,
replying to myself and William, were you raised in a closet? That sounds pretty antagonistic, and posted mainly as jest, but I do wonder, William, about your background.

We are new to each other here. I don't mean to be obnoxious - well, I did, but am curbing it - but in the decades of my life, I've learned that love has a far reach, and yours seems to be short and tight.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:51 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
We could go back to when marriages were prearranged and people often committed suicide rather than marry. Or, adults can mutually fall in love in what is a more "natural" and "sacred" way, by following their own heart.
Marriage traditionally was rarely about love, and almost never about same sex unions, so the gay right to marriage pitch fails on both grounds.

What is wanted is something new, and it should have a new name.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
tying the rope
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:56 pm
@xris,
Sacred is a cultural CATEGORY, one that contains elements that are highly valued, elements that have very high VALUE in the minds of the culture. The complementary category is all that which is PROFANE. It contains the ordinary, as opposed to the extraordinary character is the sacred. It's all a matter of value making.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:02 pm
@RexRed,
RR, congratulations!
0 Replies

William

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 05:41 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:

William are you honestly saying two men cant love each other in any way? You may not be able to conceive its possible but its just like me telling you , you are incapable of love of any kind. I could say yours is dependent on certain criteria and that I believe love is unconditional ,so therefor you are not capable of true love. love is in the eye of the beholder, it is not dependent on others value.

I know what you mean xris and yes two men can love one another in regards to a trust of each other. The key word in my statement was "sexually". As it relates to the word love itself, I think many have a difficult time understanding what love means. There is no love like that of a man and a woman and even what they do, it must remain private between them and only them.

Xris we have communicated many times and I stand behind everything I have ever offered pertaining to sexual behavior between any two people including a man and a woman. As far as it pertains to the word "sex" as in a behavior, we as a people are engaging in far too much of it if we have to resort to killing our unborn for the convenience of not having that child. That is another topic I will always be controversial on as long as any human being efforts to defend it. I don't care to hear the lame excuses anymore; over 50,000,000 takes it well beyond trying to excuse it for any reason.

Yes, a man can care for another man without having sex with him and why I made the statement in a previous post before.

William
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 05:44 pm
"As it relates to the word love itself, I think many have a difficult time understanding what love means. There is no love like that of a man and a woman and even what they do, it must remain private between them and only them. "

Me, I see you as blinded by fear.
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:23 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I say it is a sacred rite Smile

See, snood, I told you it was RexRed who said it.
Luzy

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:30 pm
@moogly bear,
No its not its how u feel..and if thats who u r ppl gonna hav to accept u 4 who u r. Some ppl think its a sin but, its really what u think is right.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:30 pm
@stevecook172001,
stevecook172001 wrote:

What really casues me to piss myself laughing, though, is when I reflect on the fact if these religious looneys got their way, all homosexuality would be supressed. If we make the assumption, as the science seems to indicates, that homosexuality has a strong genetic component to it, then the supression of it will casue such individuals to go on to have unhappy heterosexual marriages where they have children. Children who will also inherit a behavioural tendency towards homosexuality.

Thus, by repressing homosexuality, organised religion actually serves to increase its prevelance.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/ZQg8JKo_3ZQ/0.jpg
THAT'S NOT HOW GENETICS WORKS!
snood

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 07:33 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

RexRed wrote:

I say it is a sacred rite Smile

See, snood, I told you it was RexRed who said it.

alrighty, then
RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:15 pm
@snood,
I said, Sigmund Freud was bipolar. Smile
0 Replies

William

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:20 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

"As it relates to the word love itself, I think many have a difficult time understanding what love means. There is no love like that of a man and a woman and even what they do, it must remain private between them and only them. "

ossobuco wrote:

Regarding myself, I am not afraid of anything. Can you possibly believe that?
Obviously, you are though as for anyone to say another is afraid must know what it feels like or they would not accuse another of that. Would they!?

William
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 09:22 pm
@William,
No.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:37 am
@RexRed,
Thanks for that Rex, yes many Irish girls became nuns instead of being forced into a marriage they did not want. It was their only escape.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:43 am
@xris,
I am no Rex, I am PepI
xris

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:52 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
I know...Rex is Rex and your Peps. Hi Peps sorry about Holland loosing but I expect your partners happy?
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 04:53 am
@xris,
I am not Thât free. I marry 4 Good...
I intent so >O< Mr. Green