Is the story of Adam and Even real...or allegory?

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:44 pm
All I've got ot say is that if the Adam and Eve stuff is true, we're all a bunch of incestuous bastards and it's no wonder most of you are crazy!! Rolling Eyes

Anon

P.S.

Especially Rusty Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:45 pm
Hey Anon,

Cute! Laughing Leave it to you to always add just the right amount of levity.

You doing okay today?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:46 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Hey Anon,

Cute! Laughing Leave it to you to always add just the right amount of levity.

You doing okay today?

Ha Ha, I snuck a PS in on you, did you catch it ??

Anon
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:48 pm
Oh, now this thing is Mom and Dad. This gets more ridiculous by the minute.

Romans 5:12 is also full of mythology, not historical fact.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
You sure did sneak it in! You must have typed it while I was typing my response to your post. You sneaky little devil you! (Of course, devil in this instance is not, well, you know :wink: )
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:50 pm
Lightwizard,

No one is saying you have to believe. I'm just telling you how I see it. God is the Father. He makes the rules.

You call it mythology. I don't. That just the way it is. No harm, no foul. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:52 pm
Anon,

Got a proposition for you Idea Interested?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

BTW, I did ask my Mom and Dad for explanations and nearly always got them, often in great detail. It's about your Mom and Dad...
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Momma Angel wrote:
You sure did sneak it in! You must have typed it while I was typing my response to your post. You sneaky little devil you! (Of course, devil in this instance is not, well, you know :wink: )

Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:53 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

Got a proposition for you Idea Interested?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:54 pm
Not THAT Shocked kind of proposition silly! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:56 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Not THAT Shocked kind of proposition silly! Embarrassed

I shudda known, awright, what is it??

Anon
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 05:58 pm
She wants to know why her Mother and Father never explained why after saying no.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:00 pm
Anon,

You are such a dear.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70388

Lightwizard,

Uh, that's not true. I asked why on some things and didn't ask on others. If I asked, I got an answer. Adam and Eve were given the answer when God told them not to eat the fruit. Don't do it! You do it! You die. He didn't make it clear when or if it was physical death.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:16 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Wolfe,

The only thing is, there would have been nothing for them to actually choose had the tree not been there.

Yes, but you're saying they wouldn't have had free will if the tree hadn't been there. However, we can clearly see they had free will. If they didn't have free will, they would never have eaten the fruit in the first place.

Quote:
Uh, that's not true. I asked why on some things and didn't ask on others. If I asked, I got an answer. Adam and Eve were given the answer when God told them not to eat the fruit. Don't do it! You do it! You die. He didn't make it clear when or if it was physical death.

Ah, but didn't Frank prove elsewhere in these forums that God stated specifically they would die the same day they ate the fruit? And didn't I make a point in that same thread that God couldn't possibly have met anything but a physical death, because the death of other things doesn't make sense?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:17 pm
So-if I understand this correctly,which I have a reputation for not doing,it seems,God designed an urge in us which was similar to that in monkeys when they are unable to stop themselves letting go of the nut in the jam-jar and their clenched fist can't escape the jam-jar to which is attached a rope which is attached,by a transport route,to a cage in a zoo or an animal experiment laboratory which has promised to save all our lives.

It seems a dirty trick to me.I'm not sure I could have resisted Eve's temptations.

How old was Adam supposed to be at the time?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:19 pm
Wolf,

Oh they had free will, Wolfe. But, if there was nothing there that was bad for them then they could not exercise that free will.

Actually, I don't believe Frank did prove that. God is more concerned with our spiritual lives than He is with our literal physical lives. I believe the death He spoke of was spiritual death. They had an innocent spirit. They ate the fruit and it was no longer innocent. Just my take.

Some say it's physical death but that God did not specify when.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:23 pm
spendius,

I have no idea how old Adam was. I believe he was a fully formed man when God created him. spendius, God gave us a free will. Since so many are so FOR choice, I don't understand why they have a problem accepting this particular incident as a choice made by man. It appears to me (not saying it is this way at all) that God is being blamed for not making us perfect? Yet, He actually did. Unless you call free will an imperfection.

Does it seem harsh that all of mankind is then reaping from original sin? Depends. Is there one of us without sin? God forgives sins. We have a choice of accepting the forgiveness or not.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:28 pm
Oh?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1899823#1899823

What God said was pretty clear to me. On that same day you eat the fruit, you will die. Pretty straightforward and clear cut, isn't it?

Unless, of course, this was another one of those times when God was being deliberately cryptic and not saying what he meant to say.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 06:28 pm
Whoa! Stop the presses here! The title of this thread is ............Adam and EVEN............ Shocked Shocked

I don't even know who EVEN is! Laughing

Sorry, couldn't help myself!
0 Replies